Pod Point scheduled charging now available!

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
RobN

Pod Point scheduled charging now available!

Post by RobN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 pm

Great news! For all those with Pod Point home chargers (Solo Smart Charger) you can now, via the app, programme it to charge at scheduled times to take advantage of low rate tarrifs (I have Octopus Go).

I've had one of these "smart" chargers for a year and whilst being very reliable it's not been very smart! I've had to use the ADD method to control timed charging from the car and this has worked okay, thanks ADD! But, now I should be able to do this from the comfort of the house via the Pod Point App and the wall charger.

Strangely, in iOS the app didn't update automatically, so I had to delete the old version of the app and download the latest [V 3.8.0 (898)] one from the app store.

I will test it tonight!
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

TheBook

Re: Pod Point scheduled charging now available!

Post by TheBook » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:31 pm

I've been using it for the past 6 weeks or so as part of a test programme. Works ever so well, very pleased with it.
MY20 I-Pace HSE
Range Rover Evoque Autobiography

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:40 pm

I fitted an eMylo Smart Single-Phase Meter 60A 90-250V, WiFi switch. This has served me well for timed charging with my PodPoint.
Updated my PodPoint App, set up an Octopus Go tariff schedule in the app and plugged Ipace in to the PodPoint charger.
If all goes well I should be able to remove the eMylo. Happy Days.
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

russyj

Post by russyj » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 pm

RobN wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 pm
Great news! For all those with Pod Point home chargers (Solo Smart Charger) you can now, via the app, programme it to charge at scheduled times to take advantage of low rate tarrifs (I have Octopus Go).

I've had one of these "smart" chargers for a year and whilst being very reliable it's not been very smart! I've had to use the ADD method to control timed charging from the car and this has worked okay, thanks ADD! But, now I should be able to do this from the comfort of the house via the Pod Point App and the wall charger.

Strangely, in iOS the app didn't update automatically, so I had to delete the old version of the app and download the latest [V 3.8.0 (898)] one from the app store.

I will test it tonight!
Thank you so much for posting! Finally no more wrestling with the Jag app (to be honest I gave in and now trudge outside to plug in at 11pm as the only sure fire way to control charging...)

Can confirm you need to delete and re download pod point app on iOS

RobN

Post by RobN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 pm

russyj wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 pm
RobN wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 pm

I will test it tonight!
Thank you so much for posting! Finally no more wrestling with the Jag app (to be honest I gave in and now trudge outside to plug in at 11pm as the only sure fire way to control charging...)

Can confirm you need to delete and re download pod point app on iOS
Hi russyj,

Yes I agree a real step forwards, all you need to do is delete your existing Pod Point app in iOS, then go to the App Store & download a new one. Then log in with your usual credentials & under the new tab Home you’ll find the scheduled timing options.

Best, Rob
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:16 pm

I did not need to delete my app on my iphone. Went to the App Store, taped the icon top RHS and updated all apps. The Pod Point app update was there and it updated my app.
Good luck all you Pod Point fellow owners.
December 2019 I-Pace S | Firenze Red | Ebony Luxtex & Gloss Black Interior | 18" Style 1022 Silver Sparkle Wheels | Privacy Glass, | Software: S20B 20.27.3-568398| Pod Point Home Charger | https://share.octopus.energy/pale-pony-197

TheBook

Post by TheBook » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:01 am

One point to note, make sure you have removed any preferred charge times in the car itself (otherwise the PP charge time may not work as expected). I tried deleting from the Jaguar app one that I had previously setup to no avail then I remembered it can be done in the car as well.
MY20 I-Pace HSE
Range Rover Evoque Autobiography

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks for the tip off, I'm surprised Pod-point didn't email us to let us know. I've only had my I -pace for 3 weeks and only just mastered the work around to get it charging when tarif was cheap!

tedca

Post by tedca » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:44 pm

I have not been involved in the test programme, but just looking at the PodPoint App. Assume it is follows:

1. Click on the At Home Icon
2. Click on Manage Schedule
3. Set the Start and End time for each day.

udank

Post by udank » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm

I find it odd that there was no notification of the new feature at all, but my car is now plugged in and set for a test tonight.

Suffice to say this charge is non critical... :lol:
I-Pace EV400 SE, MY20, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.