New IPace deliveries

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
JagsG

Re: New IPace deliveries

Post by JagsG » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:14 pm

To all the MY21 owners (will get mine in a month)... it seems to me that with the Pivi Pro system, the small display is ony there for climate control. No more possibility to display Media or Phone. Is that correct? All pictures I could find on the internet, only show climate control.
Greetings from Germany

Vandy2020

Post by Vandy2020 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:18 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 am
I have managed to get the gesture tailgate to work despite being unable to turn it on using the setiings but still wrestling with adaptive dynamics and how they work the iguide is not available for the 21 model and the online manual thingy isn't helpful either.

The online manual also points to a SIM card that doesn't exist I believe the 21 car has an eSIM but how one updates that is anyone's guess if you want to switch to another provider.

I also do not see any way to get wireless android auto which was meant to be a car feature.

On the upside charging is going well, tried ecotricity, instavolt, (stupidly as it turned out as there was an ionity set up closer to the M5 that wasn't picked up by the car) and BP Polar so far (the standard charger didn't work but the rapid one did and quickly).

Have to say I am happy with the portofino blue colour slightly less happy with the far darker surrounds to the oyster leather interior. The selectable interior lighting is good but had expected more controllability rather than a fixed pallet of 12 colours. The aluminium trims look good if subtle against the oyster colour.

The temperatures always seem to revert to a weird combo each time I restart the car is there any way to tie them to my profile?

I also cannot navigate using both android auto and the internal nav which is a massive pain as I trust Waze more for traffic routing and speed camera alerts

I can't see state of charge on the old remote app, on the new one the charge % is there but seems to give erratic results. Same with Wattcat both seem to normally show 0% charge which isn't going to make keeping to 80% charge easy.

The clearsight mirror is excellent the real mirror view is so restricted I can see it being a bit annoying, my only niggle with clearsight is that it seems to make everything appear much closer than it actually is.
Congrats on your new MY2021! Could you tell us if the charging rate on the DC fast chargers exceeded 100 kW? Some of the documents online indicate that 150 kW charging is possible with MY2021 vehicles.
2019 HSE | Purchased May 2020 | Santorini Black | Ebony Interior | Air Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics | HUD |Cold Weather Package

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 pm

electric beagle wrote:
I also cannot navigate using both android auto and the internal nav which is a massive pain as I trust Waze more for traffic routing and speed camera alerts
Very annoying. Not possible to use both with MY2020, as would like to have option of Android Auto but like the HUD now getting used to it with built in sat nav. Pity not fixed in Pivi Pro for MY2021
MY20 16th July HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Active Suspension/Air, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats.
S20B1_20.30.2-578440 telematics 19.2 BECS BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE Maps 08.030.0112.0153
Zappi 2.0 Untethered and Solar, Rolec

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm

I haven't yet used a 100kw charger it was going well on the polar fast charger last night charging at full capacity of 60+KW at the end of charge to 95% The normal tools do not seem to show SoC reliably on the new model so it's quite hard to see how to get this info in future apart from looking at the screen on the charger.

Done circa 380 miles to home now and plugged into my home charger.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

CaptainJAG

Post by CaptainJAG » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:51 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm
I haven't yet used a 100kw charger it was going well on the polar fast charger last night charging at full capacity of 60+KW at the end of charge to 95% The normal tools do not seem to show SoC reliably on the new model so it's quite hard to see how to get this info in future apart from looking at the screen on the charger.

60kwh up to 95% SoC ? Wow... that will be a major improvment... mine does 38kw at this high SoC 👍

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 pm

CaptainJAG wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:51 pm
electric beagle wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm

60kwh up to 95% SoC ? Wow... that will be a major improvment... mine does 38kw at this high SoC 👍
The odd thing is that according to Polar the charger is only 50Kw

I went from less than 25% to 95% in 90 minutes (had to watch the end as was trying to get close to the maximum 90 minutes before hitting the £10 overstay penalty, but I am not sure about the exact starting point I had just over 30 miles of range left, when I hit the hotel).
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Ceberr

Post by Ceberr » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm

electric beagle wrote:
I have managed to get the gesture tailgate to work despite being unable to turn it on using the setiings but still wrestling with adaptive dynamics and how they work the iguide is not available for the 21 model and the online manual thingy isn't helpful either.

The online manual also points to a SIM card that doesn't exist I believe the 21 car has an eSIM but how one updates that is anyone's guess if you want to switch to another provider.

I also do not see any way to get wireless android auto which was meant to be a car feature.

On the upside charging is going well, tried ecotricity, instavolt, (stupidly as it turned out as there was an ionity set up closer to the M5 that wasn't picked up by the car) and BP Polar so far (the standard charger didn't work but the rapid one did and quickly).

Have to say I am happy with the portofino blue colour slightly less happy with the far darker surrounds to the oyster leather interior. The selectable interior lighting is good but had expected more controllability rather than a fixed pallet of 12 colours. The aluminium trims look good if subtle against the oyster colour.

The temperatures always seem to revert to a weird combo each time I restart the car is there any way to tie them to my profile?

I can't see state of charge on the old remote app, on the new one the charge % is there but seems to give erratic results. Same with Wattcat both seem to normally show 0% charge which isn't going to make keeping to 80% charge easy.

The clearsight mirror is excellent the real mirror view is so restricted I can see it being a bit annoying, my only niggle with clearsight is that it seems to make everything appear much closer than it actually is.
You can access the 2021 manual here:
https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/model/ ... 401_en_GBR

Davereddevil

Post by Davereddevil » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Its Here. Remote not working properly so will have to see if that changes. Only driven back from dealer so not had a chance to have any fun.

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

Last edited by Davereddevil on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 HSE Yulong White, ebony headlining, black pack, black wheels, privacy glass, air suspension, clearsight mirror, wireless charging, secure tracker pro, panoramic roof. Pod-Point charger.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Davereddevil wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm
Image[/img][/img][/img][/img] Its Here. Remote not working properly so will have to see if that changes. Only driven back from dealer so not had a chance to have any fun.
Wouldn't hold your breath on getting it working properly if it's anything like mine

scm

Post by scm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Davereddevil wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm
Only driven back from dealer so not had a chance to have any fun.
Sorry, that doesn't compute - "back from the dealer" can be as far as you choose! ;)