Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Questions, questions...

11K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  kelly beard 
#1 ·
Greetings, pioneering EV owners. I'm on the cusp of switching from ICE, with an eye on an I-Pace HSE, and would love some guidance.

I don't want to bombard the forum, so lets start with an easy one: despite my own experience with oyster-coloured seats I still think they look sumptuous on the I-Pace. Is it just asking for trouble, or can you live with light coloured leather, with the right stain-guard treatments?

Also, do Jag leather seats ripple and sag, better or worse on the performance seats, which I like the look of.

And, finally, what options do you think are must-haves on top of the HSE spec? I have air suspension on my list already, but what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I have the Oyster colour seats. Like them very much, though if I had tried the Sports seats I might have gone that route. The colour is great and have no issues. Leather treatment every month or so.

#3 ·
Cool, thanks. Hoped as much - have they sagged at all? This happened in both BMW 440is I've owned, and I'm far from obese.

The car I'm looking at is black with oyster - then I saw one in Borasco grey, which looks awesome with the black panels and stuff. And, of course, it has everything except air suspension (sigh).

#4 ·
Weezer said:
Cool, thanks. Hoped as much - have they sagged at all? This happened in both BMW 440is I've owned, and I'm far from obese.

The car I'm looking at is black with oyster - then I saw one in Borasco grey, which looks awesome with the black panels and stuff. And, of course, it has everything except air suspension (sigh).
Mine haven't but there has been no reported issues with the seats that I have, only the more expensive ones.

#5 ·
Is that the Windsor leather or the performance seats? (There are so many option on these things it's hard to keep track of them all).

#8 ·
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback, helps a lot. What about options? Are there any you've paid for and wished you hadn't bothered?

#9 ·
I was concerned about the usefulness of adaptive dynamics but am coming round to thinking it is really clever.

Wish I had the full extended leather interior as the contrast of leather and non leather on the seats is sub optimal.

Clearsight mirror is a must. I may have thought twice about the cupholder cover and wireless charging in hindsight (I expected wireless android auto and without it wireless charging isn't much use).

#10 ·
I have the Oyster Sports Seats and they are sagging a little.
The dealer said it's normal for the leather to do this (standard answer)
I clean and condition all the leather every 3 months. Keeps it nice, bright and soft.

Oyster is good looking, but it will get dirty. The biggest problem I have is with lower parts of the doors and the lower parts of the seats in the rear. Both get kicked and are hard to remove the stains.
The seatbelts also stain very easily

I've also noticed the black leather is softer than that Oyster

#11 ·
I'm surprised the Oysters seats stay good for so long, I'm often around machinery or the garden so certainly not the cleanest driver, a quick wipe and they come clean easily. The FPace seats I had for 3 yrs before were very good when I sold it seem to be the same leather.

Others have mentioned staining with Jeans, I make sure they have been washed a couple of times before driving and I buy them without copper rivets in the pockets - they will scuff the leather.

#12 ·
Thanks PS702. Pretty much as I feared; I've had light seats in a Jag XK8 and BMWs in the past. Sagging leather is really annoying. Happened in both my BMW 440is after just a few months.

#13 ·
My two contenders are currently black with oyster vs Barasco grey with ebony. Two great looking cars with similar spec (performance seats and wireless charging, vs normal seats, no wireless). Air suspension on both, 22-inch wheels, sunroof etc. Both look great for different reasons… any preferences?

#15 ·
I have the Windsor leather perforated Oyster seats and they are fab. I had them on my previous Velar and it did wear really well after about 29000 miles when I moved to my iPace and they are not difficult to keep clean at all. HSE comes with most toys, mine has Configurable ambient lighting, HUD and all around heated seats. if you have a electric gates or garage, it would be worth having the Homelink option which saves you having to keep the remote in the car. I miss this feature in my car.
The EV driving experience is much different from the ICE car. I have soon got used to the regen braking and the single pedal drive and I look forward to driving the car every day.
Good luck with your car hunt. Welcome to the form. You will enjoy your Ipace, it is hoot to drive.

#16 ·
Thanks. An I-Pace will fit in my garage, but I'm not sure I could then get out! It's rather a wide vehicle. Not sure what to do next, having never driven one. Stupid lockdown. Still undecided, but the moment I can get to a dealer, I'll have a test drive and hopefully pluck up the courage to drop what will be the largest amount of cash I've ever spent on a car!

#18 ·
My wife (Velar) and I both have Oyster seats and both are wearing well with no stains. The leather on the Velar's seats is a little stiffer, but that may be because it has the massage option; both cars have heated/cooled seats.

The I Pace is deceptively wide, but it fits fine in our narrow 1950s garage. Like the Velar, we need to retract the wing mirrors prior to pulling in.

Warning: once you test drive the I Pace, you will buy it.

#19 ·
Yeah, I don't think I'll need 8 test drives! All the YouTube videos and reviews have convinced me; just need to find the right car and colour combo. I would still like advice on which options are or aren't dealbreakers. Like the Clearsight mirror - feels like something to have with the alleged limited rear visibilty.

#20 ·
Weezer said:
Thanks. An I-Pace will fit in my garage, but I'm not sure I could then get out! It's rather a wide vehicle. Not sure what to do next, having never driven one. Stupid lockdown. Still undecided, but the moment I can get to a dealer, I'll have a test drive and hopefully pluck up the courage to drop what will be the largest amount of cash I've ever spent on a car!
Talking of fitting in the garage. View attachment 3606

Attachments

#21 ·
Weezer said:
Haha - that reminds me of when we walked into our dealers. We were greeted by the ladies on reception with a cheery "Goodmorning sir, how are you today?"

My rather churlish reply was "Quite frankly my dear I feel rather sick!" I knew that in all liklihood I'd be writing out a rather large cheque!

Hope yours goes better!

Kind regards,
Nigel

#22 ·
Weezer said:
Yeah, I don't think I'll need 8 test drives! All the YouTube videos and reviews have convinced me; just need to find the right car and colour combo. I would still like advice on which options are or aren't dealbreakers. Like the Clearsight mirror - feels like something to have with the alleged limited rear visibilty.
Nothing alleged about 'limited rear visibility', especially with privacy glass, it's a waste of glass! I've driven supercars with better rear visibility. Still love it though.

#23 ·
elbocko said:
Weezer said:
Talking of fitting in the garage. 20190912.jpg
Okay, well that makes my garage look positively spacious. how do you get out?

#24 ·
TheBook said:
Weezer said:
Nothing alleged about 'limited rear visibility', especially with privacy glass, it's a waste of glass! I've driven supercars with better rear visibility. Still love it though.
ClearSight mirror it is then!

#25 ·
So, still looking for a nice ex-demo or pre-reg deal, but edging closer to just ordering one from new (oh dear God, the expense!). Also seriously considering the Premium textile seats in a Borasco grey car. (Had a strange conversation with a dealer who was really down on the colour, and said he'd sold very few. Not sure if he was just bigging up his own black car or what.) I keep seeing cars with the usual saggy leather seats and hoped the textile ones might be more hard wearing. I am just fed up of expensive leather seats looking a bit shonky after a few months.

#26 ·
Closing in on a deal. However, major hassle occurred when the God of Motorways decided to hurl a brick at my 440i windscreen, causing a massive crack literally a day before I agreed a sale. Now have to wait for a windscreen replacement before I can pass the car on, which will then leave me car-less when the I-Pace I've found is a three-hour drive away. Still, the price is good, the colour scheme is right, spec is high. All I need to do now is actually test drive one... But, nearly there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.