Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Hi from the UK - Discovery Sport to I Pace ?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ChrisMc 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, Chris here. I currently drive a Landrover Discovery Sport, had it over two years now and not a moments problems, or trouble, I know others have had numerous problems with the car, but my experience has been fault free, also the same with the RR Evoque I had for 3 years before this one, so owning a JLR vehicle for me at least has been a good experience for the last 5+ years.

Have recently been abroad for 3 weeks and whilst trawling the net one day came across the I Pace, having now done a lot of research on the car and read many reviews and watched lots of videos etc, I am seriously considering it for my next car, early next year.

Be good to hear from any that actually have a car at the moment, I see lots have the I Pace on order, it does look fantastic, so hoping we can get some real world feedback from those that have owned it and driven it for a reasonable period of time over the coming months. Can't wait to organise a test drive in the near future, just as soon as one of the dealers in my region have one to trial.

#2 ·
ChrisMc said:
Be good to hear from any that actually have a car at the moment...
That will be nobody right now - customer deliveries have not started yet. (Although there may be a handful of members here who have driven at one of the press or dealers-only events, though there may have been a very few test drives at EU dealers.) Demo cars are expected at UK dealers imminently (a few dealers may have them already) but can't be driven apparently until a major software update has been released by JLR and installed - this could happen in the next few days or maybe longer - no-one seems to know at present.

#3 ·
johnd said:
ChrisMc said:
Be good to hear from any that actually have a car at the moment...
That will be nobody right now - customer deliveries have not started yet. (Although there may be a handful of members here who have driven at one of the press or dealers-only events, though there may have been a very few test drives at EU dealers.) Demo cars are expected at UK dealers imminently (a few dealers may have them already) but can't be driven apparently until a major software update has been released by JLR and installed - this could happen in the next few days or maybe longer - no-one seems to know at present.
Hi johnd

Yes after reading more it seems some are at dealers but not available until after the software update, well no rush, we will have a better idea of how the car performs in due course!

#5 ·
national said:
Hi John,

Im moving from a Discovery Sport to an ipace as well, so ordered my ipace from a Landrover/ Jag dealership hoping to get a better price.
Did you get any sort of discount at all. I have a full demo and test drive arranged for mid September, dealer has told me there are no discounts but they will see how they can sweeten the deal, so who knows. Still, I am in no rush as my DS is not 3 years old until early next year.

#6 ·
national said:
Hi John,

Im moving from a Discovery Sport to an ipace as well, so ordered my ipace from a Landrover/ Jag dealership hoping to get a better price.
National

I assume you have had a test drive etc in the I Pace, can I ask how it all went? Good I presume if you have already placed an order :D

#7 ·
Hi ChrisMc

Sorry for the delay in responding but only had my test drive on Sunday, great day was so impressed with everything, confirmed delivery last week in Sept/ early Oct. Im leasing so have gone for the S in corris grey, tinted windows and screen and steering wheel heated.

#9 ·
national said:
Hi ChrisMc

Sorry for the delay in responding but only had my test drive on Sunday, great day was so impressed with everything, confirmed delivery last week in Sept/ early Oct. Im leasing so have gone for the S in corris grey, tinted windows and screen and steering wheel heated.
Thanks for the update, good to hear all went well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.