Hello from NZ, and UK Warranty queries

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kerygma

Hello from NZ, and UK Warranty queries

Post by Kerygma » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 am

I Ordered my First Edition Photon Red new cat on Oct 31st in the UK with a Jan 11th forecast delivery. In the event, it was manufactured in mid Nov, and delivered in the UK on Dec 17th, then freighted to Felixstowe for shipment to NZ Dec 21st. Long (impatient :roll: ) wait until Mar 4th when I took delivery in Auckland NZ, and the next day drove 700km to Wellington. It is early Autumn in NZ, mid 20's temps. Range on the trip appeared to be around 370km. Odo is now over 1600km and range still appears consistent. GREAT car! :D

Everything seems to work OK, and had no trouble charging on NZ's "Chargenet" network of 50kW chargers. I'm still feeling my way with charging at home (7.4kW Wallbox Pulsar) using a preferred charging period. So far so good - will comment further in charging topic.

I have a query re warranty on UK new cars. It looks like JLR are now offering 5 years, 60,000miles in most markets, but ONLY for the I-PACE. Other models have the normal 3 years. What warranties have members been given on their I-PACEs in the UK?

Aus_ipace

Re: Hello from NZ, and UK Warranty queries

Post by Aus_ipace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 am

Congrats on getting the car, you will love it!

JLR Australia are offering the same 5 years, 100,000kms warranty as well as free servicing for 5 years, which is good.

I'm jealous of the NZ charging network, it is pretty poor here in Aus although I do have a 50kW charger I can use on my way home. Have the JLR dealerships in NZ promised to have charge points available as well? JLR Australia committed to installing DC chargers at every dealership, but it seems they have backtracked on them being "fast" as they are limited to 10kW at the moment.
Jaguar I-Pace FE Corris Grey. Built Sept 2018, delivered (finally) in Feb 2019.

Kerygma

Re: Hello from NZ, and UK Warranty queries

Post by Kerygma » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:01 am

JlR Dealerships in NZ are installing 25kW DC chargepoints, but really for their own use in servicing the cars. It is early days for them as they will not be delivering any cars to customers before May / June. They are importing only the SE, which is why I imported my own First Edition. Although I am paying JLR to "reactivate" the warranty here in NZ, (USD8000!!!) they are at this point only prepared to give me 3 years. Hence my query re UK Warranty. I'd be keen to know if any owners in UK have 5 years.
TIA

Return to “Introductions”