Frozen Screen

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
ejbritto

Frozen Screen

Post by ejbritto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm

The 2019 I-Pace EV was delivered to me after a long wait, on January 12,2019. I have used it for exactly 12 days and it has been at the dealership for 19+ days. They are still working on it! In the first week, the Navigation system froze and I could not reliably drive the car as it could not accurately give me the range of the battery or charging station locations. After spending 9 days at the service bay -- they changed the hardware which was defective, an antenna and reloaded the software. I used it for 6 days and then the central Telemetrics Control Unit went black and totally dead. No AC, navigation, music, phone or stability control system. I was told to drive with care as the DCS was malfunctioning! The car is back at the service bay and they are still working on replacing the 12 volt battery which was low/dead. The car is not reliable and has too many bugs in the software. I had bought this car for my wife -- she and I are absolutely disgusted with the appalling problems we have had within the first 2 weeks. Why should the paying customer have to deal with this Electric Vehicle from Jaguar Land Rover, which has not been tested properly, before it was put on the road?? This is a huge well documented problem! I have officially complained on February 4 2019 and am awaiting a decision regarding a replacement or buy back. I am too busy to deal with repeated problems involving a brand new very expensive car.

Return to “Introductions”