Hello From Kent

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dexterfang

Hello From Kent

Post by Dexterfang » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:20 pm

First time post for me. I've got a Corris Grey First Edition on order for March. I've come to the I-Pace the long way round from a much missed i3 and an i8 combo via a deeply boring 440i. Going back to fossil fuels was so disappointing after the thrill of electric powertrains. The I-Pace and the i8's 0-60 are the same, but now I have a boot I can put more than a chicken sandwich in!! :lol:

Really looking forward to spending the Winter reading everything on here and the manual while I wait. I'm so excited about this car.

Cheers all!

AndyMb

Re: Hello From Kent

Post by AndyMb » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Welcome. Going to be a long wait but well worth it. Best car I've ever had and you're right the ICE is a definitely a step backwards.
AndyMB

First Edition Photon Red. Delivered 30th October 2018. Jaguar have nailed it.

Dexterfang

Post by Dexterfang » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks mate. I've hated the whole ICE experience since I went back. That plus the fortnightly trips to the petrol station again, paying £70 a time. The interesting thing was the guy at the BMW garage said "Now we're talking!" when we discussed a 440 and was pretty down on the i3 especially. I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but hearing somebody at a dealership say that was odd.

Anyway that was then. I've found the iPace manual online. That should keep me going for a few weeks.

You've got a First Edition too I see, have you done any longer trips in it? How do you find the general state of charging points away from home generally or do you mainly leave it overnight on the drive topping up?

AndyMb

Post by AndyMb » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 am

Lots of trips. done 2200 miles now and love the car. The software side of the car is a little frustrating but par for the course with JLR. My experience with range is most focussed on outside temperature. I have done 50 mile trips at -4c and departed without precondition and the range drops off quickly. This will catch lots of people out. Shame JLR started getting most of the cars out at the start of winter. Range in the summer will be 250 plus imho.
AndyMB

First Edition Photon Red. Delivered 30th October 2018. Jaguar have nailed it.

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:51 pm

I have only done 1400 miles so far , but I agree with AndyMb re the mileage , shame it does drop so much in the cold , but I am still tending to drive like a teenager .
But what a great car to drive !
Roll on March eh Dexter ? there is certainly a lot of reading out there to keep you busy

Return to “Introductions”