Hello from Essex

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
NATO

Hello from Essex

Post by NATO » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:20 am

Hi all,
Ordered the I-Pace February 2017 at the local dealer, heard nothing since even though it has been launched, did some chasing last week to find out about confirming model order etc, still drew a blank. Looks like the Netherlands knows how to look after there customers better than the UK :shock:

Look forward to getting an update !

dave.jag

Re: Hello from Essex

Post by dave.jag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:26 am

You can just in and order if you want. test drive from may 4th it is up to you .finance from april.

1966i-rons

Post by 1966i-rons » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Not sure where is Essex you registered, but just put deposit down and ordered mine from Grange Brentwood. Very helpful and professional service. Questions I’d like to know answers to are
1: will you be able to turn off the piped fake engine noise coming from speakers?
2: will the £4,500 gov rebate definitely be deducted? (they couldn’t say 100%).
3: what insurance group will it be?

Any help appreciated!

NATO

Post by NATO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 am

I placed mine with my local dealer which is out of the county, sounds like the direct opposite of the service I received. At the moment subject to the budget the dealer will claim back the £4500 grant on our behalf, see link below.

https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants

I have piped fake engine noise on my present car and I have never found a way to turn it off, but there are kits available to change the sound to other car exhaust noise !

DRCayenne

Post by DRCayenne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,

There is a selectable enhanced 'whine'/"raspy note" (as electric not ICE) in the sportier modes i.e. calm to dynamic setting.

It is 5min 44 sec in (active sound design) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxLIKCh8gI

Cheers,

Return to “Introductions”