Hotspot

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Straven14

Hotspot

Post by Straven14 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:45 pm

I’ve had my my21 for a few weeks now and thanks to the forum you have “solved” most of my issues and set up. I have the data plan but hotspot is not available on the communication menu. I installed the latest update last night but still no option to activate. I have called the dealership but no help there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

electric beagle

Re: Hotspot

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Couple or questions do you have the extended data plan or just the free one? It shouldn't make a difference as you should have the option anyway but with the first year free plan you only get 500Mb of data per month so it won't take you very far.

When you say you have the latest software which version?

I have a related problem I do have the hotspot option and have enabled it in the past to check it works (but the limit on data is real). However my WiFi connectivity isn't working and it will be the same WiFi adapter I assume that is responsible for connecting to external WiFi and providing the hotspot. This issue is still ongoing without being resolved.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Straven14

Post by Straven14 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Software 2.0.10e updated last night. I have the data plan which states “unlimited data for online media” and according to the spec up to 8 devices can be connected. The problem is no Hotspot option.

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Welcome onboard. I got my car on March 16th, since then I'm waiting from JLR to explain me where the hell is my hotspot but it seems that if I asked for a quantum physics explanation it would had been easier for them ..
MY21 Yulong White SE, 20", head-up display, air susp, matrix lights, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs
MY20 SE - gone

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:52 pm

Straven14 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:07 pm
Software 2.0.10e updated last night. I have the data plan which states “unlimited data for online media” and according to the spec up to 8 devices can be connected. The problem is no Hotspot option.
Ok interesting when you go to connection details do you see an entry in the MAC address space?

There are 2 online SIM options online media is included but that only covers Spotify etc. If you use for other services like YouTube for instance you only get 500Mb a month if you have the premium online plan (at an extra circa £250 per year) you get much more unlimited broad streaming and web access.

The type of plan you have should not restrict availability of the hotspot (I have the free one that came with the car but could still set up the hotspot if my WiFi in car worked), it does impact how useful it will be though.

I tend to do this the other way and rely on my phone for car data because it is just far better, faster and with better coverage.

Sounds like you are in for a lot of "fun" with dealers
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

EEV320

Post by EEV320 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:33 pm

157542A7-1537-4946-83A8-3F8AEC71DD65.jpeg

I received the hotspot too but the coverage is so bad you can not really use it.
I made a pic for you, it’s under the connections tab.

I organized a portable tp link hotspot with a proper operator. It’s a lot better.
Sad but true, the coverage is better of that thing, even tho it’s in the car.
I want to try if i get good signal if I place it in the frunk. It’s charged via usb, I should be able to get the cable to the frunk and then it’s always on.
I don’t know if it makes sense tho.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.10e

Straven14

Post by Straven14 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:12 pm

I’ve got a MAC address so it looks as if it’s back to the dealer. They will probably change the brake discs to see if that helps. 🤷😂

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:29 pm

Straven14 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:12 pm
I’ve got a MAC address so it looks as if it’s back to the dealer. They will probably change the brake discs to see if that helps. 🤷😂
I now have a MAC address which is better than last week but still no working WiFi. Also my issues of over a month of AC stopping working and incorrect data on the driving style app are no better despite a day in the dealers last Monday (after a 4 week wait). Still I am booked into the dealers in 5 weeks to fix everything so all will be good 🙄

Straven14

Post by Straven14 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26 pm

Surprise surprise. Hotspot finally “appeared” under connectivity. The downside is that wi fi couldn’t be discovered by any device I tried. I left if for a week or so and decided to try again and Hotspot has disappeared from connectivity again🤷 How on earth can this happen?