Considering a Lease Deal

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
PeteUK

Considering a Lease Deal

Post by PeteUK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 pm

So I'm considering an I-Pace when my current car's PCP expires in June (Porsche Macan).

Looking on Leasing.com at lease deals and there's a few good ones for a HSE spec - strangely more expensive than the lower specs.

£634 per month for 4 years with £3800 deposit (10,000 miles per year).

This seems to be considerably cheaper than PCP deals I've seen on AutoTrader although I'm only really looking casually since I still have six months left.

A few questions here since I've never leased a car before.

1) Are the prices for the lease deals realistic - I see the costs include VAT, but are the prices true?
2) How much lead time is usually needed for "in stock" cars? I need to get this sorted out to completion within a week or so of the PCP ending
3) I currently have a single phase supply - is it worth the outlay of upgrading to three phase (£2500-£3,000 from what I understand) and the added cost of an 11kw charger worthwhile, or can I cope with the single phase solution for now? During covid, the car will be on the drive for much of the day anyway.
4) I see that the navigation maps don't seem to be updated OTA (I love how modern cars are getting these days!). How often are the maps updated or do people normally stick with CarPlay?

Thanks for the advice I've seen so far in browsing before asking!

TheBook

Re: Considering a Lease Deal

Post by TheBook » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi there,

I took delivery of my one today, which is leased by my company. It's a MY2020 HSE and from order to delivery took 3 weeks (including the Christmas period), which I think is amazing. Obviously there are I-paces stored up ready to go (hence the great lease deals). I believe we are paying approx £630 pm 36 months no maintenance.

Hope that helps
MY2020 I-Pace HSE
Mercedes E350 cabriolet
Range Rover Evoque Autobiography

PeteUK

Post by PeteUK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Thanks, that does give me a ballpark. Unfortunately, my company doesn't offer company cars and I can't take advantage of the BIK benefits.

£630 sounds about right to me, I'll probably take a three or four year lease. I guess I'll start talking with lease companies April/May.

Still weird that the HSE is cheaper - I guess there's more in stock.

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Not worth upgrading to 3 ph just for charging car faster, even if it’s available, you will charge overnight at home easily with 1 ph
Lease cost will depend on the deposit, worth looking at the residual value too
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.