Questions on various models - potentially 2nd hand owner moving from XC60

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
kitenski

Questions on various models - potentially 2nd hand owner moving from XC60

Post by kitenski » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Afternoon all,

I was a very early adopter of EV, getting a Leaf at the highly attractive price of £99 per month on a PCP!

We sadly decided to go back to ICE cars so our daughters could learn to drive with a manual gearbox. Fingers crossed the youngest will pass her test soon, so the hunt is on for a large EV to replace a diesel XC60.

I'm trying to do some research around what came with what models for the 2019 and 2020 models, I've found this page:

https://www.parkers.co.uk/jaguar/i-pace/suv-2018/specs/

Would I be right in assuming the current model is the 11kw charger version, and the specs on there are thus for the 19/20 model?

Has anyone else come over from an XC60 and can comment on respective boot sizes?

Thanks!

Greg

Delta5

Re: Questions on various models - potentially 2nd hand owner moving from XC60

Post by Delta5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:23 pm

11kw charger is only relevant if you have a 3 phase supply, is it really important that it charges 30% faster?, at least the 2021 model you have the choice. At home it is most beneficial (cheaper) to charge overnight at cheap rate tariff, rather than daytime, using a 3 phase charger at work for instance will cost a lot more.
Some features have been dropped on latest cars - see other threads, it’s a matter of personal choice wether it matters to you, a low milage 2020 car at the right price is a good deal.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 pm

kitenski wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
Afternoon all,

I was a very early adopter of EV, getting a Leaf at the highly attractive price of £99 per month on a PCP!

We sadly decided to go back to ICE cars so our daughters could learn to drive with a manual gearbox. Fingers crossed the youngest will pass her test soon, so the hunt is on for a large EV to replace a diesel XC60.

I'm trying to do some research around what came with what models for the 2019 and 2020 models, I've found this page:

https://www.parkers.co.uk/jaguar/i-pace/suv-2018/specs/

Would I be right in assuming the current model is the 11kw charger version, and the specs on there are thus for the 19/20 model?

Has anyone else come over from an XC60 and can comment on respective boot sizes?

Thanks!

Greg
Greg,

I had a XC60 R Design four cars ago, great car BTW, since then I have had all Range and Land Rovers, then the I Pace of course. The I Pace IMHO is the best of the lot and you never get bored of that instant torque and acceleration, would be hard to go back to an ICE now.

I think if I am right and can recall properly, the boot on the XC60 was slightly bigger, but the I Pace boot is still a good size and we have not had any problems with all our holiday luggage etc ( when we were allowed holidays of course) :D

Edit: just checked https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php#! and it seems the actual boot size on the I Pace is larger, overall height in the boot will obviously be a lot lower though
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

endoman

Post by endoman » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 pm

good to see you here ;-)
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C_20.43.1-618886 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126