New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Loudoungowf

Post by Loudoungowf » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:56 pm

From Ayrshire. Previously had 2 x S types and an XF. Now an SE ipace and enjoying the experience. But with cold weather coming in - we had ice on the windscreen yesterday morning, any tips on preconditioning?

SammyD

Re: New member

Post by SammyD » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:03 pm

Welcome to the site and I'm glad that you are enjoying your I-Pace.
I'm sure our other I-Pace owner from Ayrshire will be along soon to offer some local guidance. ADD otherwise known as Abu Dhabi Dude.
He has a number of videos that cover many aspects of the car.
There are links to many of them in this forum
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

Loudoungowf

Post by Loudoungowf » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Cheers

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi and welcome. As Sammy said, I’m Ayrshire too. I use the Darvel Strathaven road a lot when visiting my parents (although they’re south Lanarkshire so that’s not allowed now) which from your username suggests I pretty much go past your door.

If you’re likely to use public charging much I’d recommend you check out some of my ChargePlace Scotland videos, but as there are a lot of them I’d recommend the “how to plan a road trip in Scotland” one as it goes through the most important issues you’re going to come across on the CPS network. Also well worth getting an RFID card even though it’s £20 a year, as many chargers are in areas with poor signal so the app can be very hit or miss. But there are more and more new chargers coming online with CPS and also more from other networks gradually appearing (although north of the Glasgow Edinburgh line is pretty much CPS or nothing) so it’s all getting easier. I’ve never failed on a road trip (apart from
My very first attempt which was before I knew what I know now and why I recommend watching a couple just so you can learn from my mistakes!

It’s a great car and is great fun on the roads in this area too. My “dynamic driving” video was filmed not too far from you.

As for preconditioning, I find that turning it on 10 minutes before departure completely clears the windscreen and prevents you from having to do any scraping (that’s so last century). I’ve looked out when preconditioning was running with the car covered in frost and seen steam rising from the windscreen! The rear can be slower to clear however, and the heated rear screen doesn’t come on with preconditioning so I usually try to park it with the rear more sheltered than the front. Nowadays it’s garaged but for the first few months it was parked outside in January February with no issues (and it was a pretty bad winter that year).
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loudoungowf

Post by Loudoungowf » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Cheers ADD

As you have surmised, I stay close to the A71 and the golf course. Thanks for the info on preconditioning. Unfortunately, my ipace will be on the driveway so exposed to the elements. Do you recommend the Jaguar remote app?

My experience of CPS is a wee bit mixed. The Athletics Arena is a bit of a disappointment but the Park Hotel is always bang on. And so too is Ranaldcoup Road in Darvel. And the nearby park is handy for some gentle exercise.

jpbates

Post by jpbates » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:52 pm

If you have an android phone then WattCat is the app you want :-)
MY20 16th July HSE Firenze Red, Pano Roof, HUD, Black pack, 5055 18", Active Suspension/Air, Front Fogs, Ebony Sports Seats.
S20B1_20.30.2-578440 telematics 19.2 BECS BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE Maps 08.030.0113.0156
Zappi 2.0 Untethered and Solar, Rolec

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 am

Loudoungowf wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:59 pm
Cheers ADD

As you have surmised, I stay close to the A71 and the golf course. Thanks for the info on preconditioning. Unfortunately, my ipace will be on the driveway so exposed to the elements. Do you recommend the Jaguar remote app?

My experience of CPS is a wee bit mixed. The Athletics Arena is a bit of a disappointment but the Park Hotel is always bang on. And so too is Ranaldcoup Road in Darvel. And the nearby park is handy for some gentle exercise.
Sorry. I thought I’d replied to this! Yes CPS is a variable feast. The new chargers at Kilmarnock should be fine though. The old one (the one north under a canopy) is terrible. If you’re having problems with the new ones, try rebooting it using the Ted emergency stop button. That usually fixes it, but I have to say I’ve not had to reboot that style of charger since I had h280 done on my car.

The Jaguar app is actually good, but I’d also recommend you take a look at WattCat (if you’re on Android) or MyPace (if you’re on iOS). Both were written by forum members and both are excellent. You can also download my Siri Shortcuts to allow you to use voice commands (but again these are iOS only).