New to the forum

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
BigAde

New to the forum

Post by BigAde » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 am

Hi All, just joined the I-Pace forum after owning and running my white I-Pace since Sept last year. We've run a couple of EV's before the Jaguar so we're pretty clued-up on all things electric. Not a great start to Jag ownership after a major 'gearbox' fault meant the car was immediately taken into my local dealership for 6 weeks while they completely rebuilt the front motors. Big thumbs up to Nottingham Jaguar and their service manager who were brilliant. Anyway, since the false start everything has been running very smoothly. I just have a question... once I received my car back from the workshop the range displayed had reduced from roughly 298miles to 199miles and hasnt increased since. I'd welcome feedback from other members on whether 199 miles is what everyone is seeing on their I-Pace? Thanks. Ade

ChrisMc

Re: New to the forum

Post by ChrisMc » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

Mine has increased since the recent H264 update from ca. 201 to 245, I had to do a GOM reset though to get it right, have you tried that yet? push the start button with your feet OFF the brake and accelerator, then push the brake and accelerator for about 10 seconds and it resets the GOM. After that mine has behaved quite well and range has increased, at least as shown by the GOM.

Also, it can depend on how far you have driven it in the time you have had it back, if not much then it won't have had time to get used to your driving style yet. Just a couple of thoughts.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

BigAde

Post by BigAde » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am

thanks Chris I'll give the GOM reset a try. I did wonder if it was the outside temp as that had a massive impact on my previous EV (Merc B-Class Electric-Drive) but the average temp has been 7-10 degrees which shouldnt have a massive impact. I'll reset the GOM then go on a long steady journey this weekend to see if that has a positive impact. Thanks

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 am

BigAde wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:53 am
thanks Chris I'll give the GOM reset a try. I did wonder if it was the outside temp as that had a massive impact on my previous EV (Merc B-Class Electric-Drive) but the average temp has been 7-10 degrees which shouldnt have a massive impact. I'll reset the GOM then go on a long steady journey this weekend to see if that has a positive impact. Thanks
BigAde

The outside temp will have an effect, but I think it is more to do with the updates the car has had while being at the garage/service centre, it will have to start again learning your driving style, a GOM reset may help and probably even more so once you have put some mileage on it again since you got it back.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270