New member, lots of questions!

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
voisin

Re: New member, lots of questions!

Post by voisin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Picked it up today, what an amazing car. The home charger will be installed on Monday, so today I plugged it in at a local Ikea Ecotricity point.

Being still clueless about the most of it, I didn't know what to expect and thought 45 minutes might be too short of a session (when I picked the car up from the dealer it had 97% battery and 205 miles range, by the time we were at the Ikea it was showing 174 miles range and I forgot to look how much battery). So while we had lunch and some shopping I returned to the car twice and restarted the session, ending up with 3 sessions each 45 minutes, two 5.5kWh and one 5.4 KWh. It turned out this had charged the car fully, and I suspect some of the charging was unnecessary. I'm now worried that this was unhealthy for the battery; reading the manual as we speak and when the home charger is installed will play with the car more seriously setting up screens and other options, and hopefully things will start make better sense.

Tomorrow I'm doing a longer trip of around 170 miles in total. At the destination (Newport Pagnell) Zap-Map is showing many fast chargers, hopefully this should make it easy to top up some before driving back home.
I-Pace First Edition, 20” wheels, S18C_18.37.1-222737

anorak

Post by anorak » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Congrats voisin, welcome to the growing fold!

Don't worry about damaging the battery by plugging in - you can't hurt it. The car will simply stop charging when it gets to 100%.

My guess is that you were at about 80% when you got to Ikea and your 3 sessions simply gave you the 16kWh or so you needed to 'fill up'.

And if your total round trip distance tomorrow is 170 miles and you have more than 90% charge when you set off you won't need to charge when you're out, although you might want to if there aren't any public chargers near your house before you get yours installed. I did 135 miles today at mostly 70mph using just 63%.

I think I'm right in saying that there are more rapid chargers per square mile in the Milton Keynes area than anywhere else in the country, so you shouldn't have a problem if you do want to use one nearby.
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2

Fintechris

Post by Fintechris » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm

voisin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:41 am
Jagmanmick wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:46 pm
11.9% APR is too much. Go to this site: https://www.parks.uk.com/used-cars/9870 ... to-estate/
You can adjust the deposit etc and it will give you the APR, that will give you a better idea what too expect. Jaguar finance are offering 5.9% APR on a brand new vehicle and I would think you may get better shopping around. But at the end of the day it's what you are comfortable with!
Thanks - sigh! I don't want to let go of this car as it would not be easy to find another one, it's a very low milage FE in the colour that I like, and the actual price for it was reasonable. I suppose I have 14 days to think of a better option, in the worst case scenario we'll pay it off early within the first 12 months so at least it won't be too painful. :|
Have a look here at sorting your finance - try the calculator to see how it compares:

https://jbrcapital.com/car-finance-calculator/

I run a leasing business so am a huge advocate of leasing as i believe there's no cheaper way to get into a new car for 3 years or less (depreciation being the most painful cost of having a new car).

I know you might be thinking you want to pay it off because you "can afford to" but it might be worth reconsidering and think about investing the cash in something that will generate a return or passive income rather than something that is going to plummet in value - essentially just shrinking a big wad of money.

How long do you expect to keep the car for may also be a factor.

I'm not a financial advisor and this is just my 2p worth but always do ALL of the sums when getting a new car.
Caesium Blue iPace S arrived MY19|privacy glass|black pack|18"alloys|Black luxtec

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 am

Spam alert.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Return to “Introductions”