URL links and YouTube video within the forum threads

Suggestions & Help using the Jaguar I-Pace Forum
scm

Re: URL links and YouTube video within the forum threads

Post by scm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:06 pm

fa147 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 pm
With regard to the link, it is entirely possible that I may have remembered incorrectly, but I do believe that the behaviour was that if you inserted a url without using the url bbcode around it, it opened up in the same page. If you used the url bbcode, it opened up in a new browser. This is the mechanism I used back in October when I created my very long European trip post which had multiple links and lists etc, and I was heavily invested in the thread for a short while.

Nonetheless, it is entirely possible that my mind is playing tricks with me.
I think your mind is playing tricks - I'm pretty sure this forum was what inspired me to start using the right-click "open in new window" technique. But maybe it's my mind playing tricks! :D

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: URL links and YouTube video within the forum threads

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:09 pm

fa147 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 pm
YouTube video is also now showing in the thread and that is great, thank you.

With regard to the link, it is entirely possible that I may have remembered incorrectly, but I do believe that the behaviour was that if you inserted a url without using the url bbcode around it, it opened up in the same page. If you used the url bbcode, it opened up in a new browser. This is the mechanism I used back in October when I created my very long European trip post which had multiple links and lists etc, and I was heavily invested in the thread for a short while.

Nonetheless, it is entirely possible that my mind is playing tricks with me. I’m content with the YouTube videos showing and being playable in the threads.
You might be onto something there. Most people never use bb code so maybe that’s why I’ve never seen that behaviour. I did read your Europe’s trip links though so maybe it just never registered with me that they had opened in a new tab? Or maybe I resorted to my usual default behaviour and manually opened them in a new tab so I never saw that? So maybe that’s a possibility. Might not be down to settings at all but how the original link was posted?

But thanks for pointing out the YouTube thing. I didn’t like the new style links either, but never got round to saying something.