Home Charging Points

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
AndersenEV

Re: Home Charging Points

Post by AndersenEV » Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 am

RJUK wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm
Hi Andersen EV.

I guess 7KW will be what I need then. I'd be interested in the forum discount if you can get one sorted soon, as this may well be enough to sway me in the direction of the Andersen charger.

Also, out of interest, how long are the current lead times for an install and are you registered to help claim the government grant for charger installations? (I would presume so.)

PM me if preferred.

Thanks
Russell
Hello Russell

Unfortunately, we do not offer any forum discounts.

The current lead time to installation is 6 weeks. We are able to claim back the OLEV grant on your behalf.

Regards

The Andersen Team
ANDERSEN EV

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home too https://andersen-ev.com

Orchard

Post by Orchard » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi - First post here. Just ordered an Anderson 22Kw (3Ph) charger and got an installation date late July. Got an email the other day saying they that due to a quality control problem it would be delayed for some time, perhaps end of August, maybe into September. To be fair a chap called me to discuss and I expect an update this week. It could be a problem as I'm expecting my i-Pace in August!

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Same here. My car is due next week and I'm now being told installation in September! :( :o :shock:
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Fingers crossed my P1 is being delivered and installed on Thursday. First got on list in December and ordered as soon as possible with May target delivery date. Knew it was a new product from a small growing business so expected some delay.

I’ve had my iPace since March and with a little granny cable charging (literally hanging an extension cable out of my upstairs window due to no external socket) I’ve got by incredibly well with Public Charging only. Actually considered saving the cash but having the option of home charging/precharging in winter kept me on the home charger path. Could easily survive without though which I didn’t expect.
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 (Telematics module replaced) - S19B (dealer initiated)
H228 Completed

ProjectZ

Post by ProjectZ » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm

So can iPace actually accept a 22kw home charge?

Paulsouthport

Post by Paulsouthport » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 pm

No, 7kW on AC charger.
I-Pace S, MY20 - built July 2019
S19B_19.35.5-418001
Telematics 16.2

TeslaDriver

Post by TeslaDriver » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 am

ProjectZ wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm
Do you need a 22kW charger?

7kW is around 22 miles range gained per hour

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 am

Moreover, to have a 22kw charger installed, most homes would need three phase wiring installed. It's not an easy installation like a 7kw charger.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

ProjectZ

Post by ProjectZ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:23 pm

TeslaDriver wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 am
ProjectZ wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm
Do you need a 22kW charger?

7kW is around 22 miles range gained per hour

Well I like the idea of faster charging. You never know when you’ll need to leave the house unexpectedly at 3am and drive to Birmingham in a hurry. But if it can’t charge any fast for having the 22kw then it’s a mute point.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah, that always happens to me! :lol:

I'd suggest that if you have occurrences like that often, then you're better off leaving your car with a decent amount of charge each night.

Worst case, you stop en route at a rapid charger and charge at 50 - 100kw, which would save you time Vs having a 22kw at home anyway.

Return to “Andersen EV – Stylish EV Charging Points”