Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Home Charging Points

21K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  alex_haddock 
#1 ·
Hello Jaguar i Pace members

We are proud to have now partnered with the Jaguar i Pace Forum team to bring you more information on charging and if you are about to go electric we hope to give you some great insight into the industry.

For more information on the Andersen A2 click here: https://andersen-ev.com/andersen-a2/

Black Rectangle Building Interior design Wood

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Billy Bunter said:
pedro1664 said:
Fitted today, just need the car now!!
does the company offer a forum discount as requested by an earlier post (& not answered) ?
Hi Billy

Sorry for the delay in response, we currently don't offer a forum discount but this is something we will be looking into in the near future. :D

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
The Andersen Team

#9 ·
pedro1664 said:
Fitted today, just need the car now!!
Looking great, thanks for sharing. Hopefully, your car arrives soon :) It would be great to get an updated photo of your i-pace charging.

Kind Regards

The Andersen Team

#10 ·
Chewy said:
Does the charger allow the user to set charge period on/off via an App?

Would be very useful for the I-Pace until Jaguar sort out a software update to set a charge level limit.

As with the two previous requests... Discount for Forum Members?
Hello Chewy

You can schedule when the charging starts through the Andersen Kønnect App. At the moment the app doesn't allow you the turn off the charge but it will be something we will now incorporate in the next App Update :D

Kind Regards

The Andersen Team

#11 ·
I-Pace delivered on Monday. What a car!

Used Andersen A2 charger for the first time. Very good design and simple to use. Have not used timer feature yet but will advise when I do.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

#12 ·
Grillpan said:
I-Pace delivered on Monday. What a car!

Used Andersen A2 charger for the first time. Very good design and simple to use. Have not used timer feature yet but will advise when I do.

759276C2-F10E-4507-9042-16AC3C13AB54.jpeg
Wow! looking stunning, Are we able to share this on our social media channels, please?

We hope you enjoy both your Andersen and your new EV! :D

Regards

The Andersen Team

#13 ·
No problem!

Please PM me the email address where you would like me to send the original photo.

#15 ·
Hi AndersenEV, I've just ordered my I-Pace so the next thing to do is arrange fitment of a charger.

Are there any forum discounts yet please? I could also do with some advice on what to get.

I notice you do a 22kw version, though the I-Pace can only utilise a 7kw charger. However, I'm assuming other cars can utilise a 22kw charger, so I'm wondering if it's worth me future proofing and going for the 22kw, or whether the charger can be upgraded to 22kw in future if I wished to upgrade with a future car?

I'd be very interested in a forum discount if one can be arranged, as the charger was quite a bit more expensive than I was expecting. Looks a good bit of kit though. 😁

#16 ·
RJUK said:
Hi AndersenEV, I've just ordered my I-Pace so the next thing to do is arrange fitment of a charger.

Are there any forum discounts yet please? I could also do with some advice on what to get.

I notice you do a 22kw version, though the I-Pace can only utilise a 7kw charger. However, I'm assuming other cars can utilise a 22kw charger, so I'm wondering if it's worth me future proofing and going for the 22kw, or whether the charger can be upgraded to 22kw in future if I wished to upgrade with a future car?

I'd be very interested in a forum discount if one can be arranged, as the charger was quite a bit more expensive than I was expecting. Looks a good bit of kit though. 😁
I think you will need a 3-Phase supply for 22kW.

#17 ·
Aortega said:
Hi Grillpan,

Could you please update on your experience with Andersen Wall Box?
Aortega

Hi. I have used the A2 now for six weeks and my experience continues to be excellent. These are my observations:

- It's a high grade, high quality unit. Top components used and finished to premium standards.
- Very discreet. No one notices it (which is what I wanted). I chose the wood finish as many units are made of white/grey plastics, which did not appeal to me or my wife from an aesthetics perspective.
- The 4m tethered cable resides inside the unit so all you have to do is lift the flap at the top, grab the connector and unwind the bespoke cable and connect it to the car. The cable is flexible and light and unique to Andersen.
- When you are finished you wind the cable back and as you do so, brushes automatically clean the cable which is a great design feature.
- At nighttime discreet LEDs make it easy to see what you are doing whilst un/connecting.
- The Andersen App is simple to use and makes it easy to monitor the kW's used and the cost per charge. It supports solar power, something I will look at soon.
- The pre/post sales support has been exceptional. You definitely get what you pay for. In fact, I received a call that an engineer would come and change a part, as the owner of Andersen was not happy with a specific component, and wanted existing customers to have the best. All replaced at my convenience re: date/time.
- Timed charging is not important for me as I pay the same per kW regardless of the time of day. Right now the Jag will draw power immediately (as discussed in detail on this forum) regardless of setting. However, I am yet to play with the Jag settings in the car to see if there's a way to use the timed charging feature on the Andersen App.

Not sure if any of this helps but I would recommend Andersen to anyone.

N.B. 22kW is available but you have to have 3 phase at home to support this unit. I looked into this but the cost associated with upgrading from single phase was prohibitive.

#18 ·
RJUK said:

Hello RJUK

Hope you are well and excited to get your I-Pace.

We aren't currently running any discounts at the moment. However, I have mentioned this to the management team to look into.

Do you have a 3-phase electrical supply? If you don't have 3-phase and don't plan to upgrade, getting a 22kW will not be of any use to you. But if you are planning on making the upgrade we would suggest getting a 22kW for future proofing.

Regards

The Andersen Team

#19 ·
Hi Andersen EV.

I guess 7KW will be what I need then. I'd be interested in the forum discount if you can get one sorted soon, as this may well be enough to sway me in the direction of the Andersen charger.

Also, out of interest, how long are the current lead times for an install and are you registered to help claim the government grant for charger installations? (I would presume so.)

PM me if preferred.

Thanks
Russell

#20 ·
RJUK said:
I'm assuming other cars can utilise a 22kw charger, so I'm wondering if it's worth me future proofing and going for the 22kw [using 3-phase]
Do you think you need faster than 7kW charging at home? I've seen it come up a few times in conversation on the forums and it seems rare that people actually need the ability to come home, charge, and go out again shortly thereafter (and for rare events using public rapid charger may be a better solution). Upgrading home supply to 3-Phase is at the mercy of Monopoly and often costs both arms and legs :(

7kW is 20+ MPH, so 10 hours overnight would be 200 miles.

When you, your spouse, and your two still-at-home kids, have EVs the overnight charging situation will be more interesting :) But even then if you arrived home empty today, and only gained 100 miles overnight, then you could gain the other 100 miles (plus commute top-up) tomorrow night - except on the (presumably rare?) occasions when you are doing 200 mile journeys on back-to-back days - then there would need to be some juggling of Spouse and 2-kids EVs to accommodate your need :)

#21 ·
RJUK said:
Hi Andersen EV.

I guess 7KW will be what I need then. I'd be interested in the forum discount if you can get one sorted soon, as this may well be enough to sway me in the direction of the Andersen charger.

Also, out of interest, how long are the current lead times for an install and are you registered to help claim the government grant for charger installations? (I would presume so.)

PM me if preferred.

Thanks
Russell
Hello Russell

Unfortunately, we do not offer any forum discounts.

The current lead time to installation is 6 weeks. We are able to claim back the OLEV grant on your behalf.

Regards

The Andersen Team

#22 ·
Hi - First post here. Just ordered an Anderson 22Kw (3Ph) charger and got an installation date late July. Got an email the other day saying they that due to a quality control problem it would be delayed for some time, perhaps end of August, maybe into September. To be fair a chap called me to discuss and I expect an update this week. It could be a problem as I'm expecting my i-Pace in August!

#24 ·
Fingers crossed my P1 is being delivered and installed on Thursday. First got on list in December and ordered as soon as possible with May target delivery date. Knew it was a new product from a small growing business so expected some delay.

I've had my iPace since March and with a little granny cable charging (literally hanging an extension cable out of my upstairs window due to no external socket) I've got by incredibly well with Public Charging only. Actually considered saving the cash but having the option of home charging/precharging in winter kept me on the home charger path. Could easily survive without though which I didn't expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.