Anderson installation nightmare

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
AGT

Re: Anderson installation nightmare

Post by AGT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 pm

My A2 worked yesterday. It also worked last Sunday.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah, I drive past a house on the way into our estate and one person with a Leaf has some monstrosity on the wall with the cable all on show and a white handled charger cable all on the wall. The hidden cable storage was what attracted me to the Andersen.

Hopefully once the new app is out the product will live up to expectations. :-)
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm

RJUK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm
Yeah, I drive past a house on the way into our estate and one person with a Leaf has some monstrosity on the wall with the cable all on show and a white handled charger cable all on the wall. The hidden cable storage was what attracted me to the Andersen.

Hopefully once the new app is out the product will live up to expectations. :-)

Hi

Do you know the ETA of the new firmware?

I also had the timer issue and paying too much for a while, also i want multiple timed charge, so i can get cheap rate and the pre condition my car from the mains, not using the battery

Thanks!
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Not sure, I'll have to check.

Yeah, I suggested the multiple timed charging for the same reason. Charge at cheap time then have it come on for an hour before work to warm the battery and power the internal heaters to drive the car etc.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:27 am

RJUK wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm
Not sure, I'll have to check.

Yeah, I suggested the multiple timed charging for the same reason. Charge at cheap time then have it come on for an hour before work to warm the battery and power the internal heaters to drive the car etc.
Well today after many problems of charging at the wrong time due to wrong "daylight saving time issue" I was told that "GEN 1" A2 charges are not fixed by the updated fix!! so i still have the problem... no-one told me, i had to ask!! no fix timescale either!

No info on new app either, and will it work with first gen chargers... grrrrr

AGT

Post by AGT » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 am

Pedro

I also have a "gen 1" Andersen A2. It is dumber than dumb and, at the moment, not fit for purpose. For me timed charging means the days when the contraption might charge the car as opposed to the days it decides that it is locked or offline and not even functioning as a dumb charger. Consequently, for the past few weeks I can't come home empty and rely on my car charging overnight.

I don't have time in my life to deal with Andersen at the moment and when they do spring into my thoughts - when my life is ebbing away as I charge my car before coming home or while I stand in the cold and dark in my driveway trying to get the unit to connect to wifi, the Andersen office is closed. Even when I do have time to address the problem properly, given the relative cost of the unit to the cost of the car and how much this Andersen contraption is spoiling my enjoyment of the car, I might just have it disconnected and send it back to Andersen for recycling.

Too clever for its own good. What Andersen describes as "gen 1" was in my opinion under-tested and, not surprisingly, discontinued almost immediately. If you can be bothered, your argument to have your "gen 1" replaced by a "gen 2" is solid.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:34 am

Do you guys want the contacts I have?

The software guys are very hands-on and helpful.

Jerome, the director, just ignored all my emails. Not worth wasting your time with him.

AGT

Post by AGT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 am

RJUK

Thank you. That would be very helpful to have email addresses. All I have is the general Andersen contact email.

Could you PM to me please?

Andrew

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am

Hi Andrew, done!

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:59 pm

RJUK wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am
Hi Andrew, done!
Yes please, me to......

Return to “Andersen EV – Stylish EV Charging Points”