Anderson installation nightmare

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
Orchard

Anderson installation nightmare

Post by Orchard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Just had my Anderson A2 22kw installed today by Smart Home Charge. The good news is that the unit looks really well engineered, looks great and has neat cable stowage.

The guys turned up without any 3ph cable or a decent drill to go through the wall, and yes I did send lots of photos and emails to Anderson’s and SHC.

So they beatled off to get those things, and then got things fitted neatly after they got back. To be fair they diligently fitted and neatly fixed things, apart from one side panel which was incorrect and would not fit at all.

Finally once powered up they couldn’t connect to any of the phones we had. Oh and the iPhone app doesn’t work and needs updating. I’ve been on to Anderson but no reply yet.

Nice unit, but without the apps working it’s a bit oversold. We’ll see what happens to resolve things, luckily my lovely I-Pace isn’t quite here or I’d be properly grumpy

bluenun

Re: Anderson installation nightmare

Post by bluenun » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Sounds like a bad day all round. Not sure what you mean about the iOS app being broken as it works fine for me?

I’m sure you know already, but the car will only charge at 7kw on a 22kw unit. It’ll be more future proof but not much benefit for now.

Orchard

Post by Orchard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Sure, I’m future proofed with 22kw and I understand that there is an 11kw charging upgrade coming for ipace

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Orchard wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm
I understand that there is an 11kw charging upgrade coming for ipace
Well you know more than Jaguar are telling the dealers. You will also be aware that even if they do offer it in a future version of the I-Pace, it is not backwards compatible as it would need a major hardware upgrade to existing cars?

Maybe the XJ will get it, but I doubt it as by the time it is out the CCS Rapid Charger base will be very strong and the need for slower 22kW charging will not exist.

With overnight charging of a 80kWh battery, 7kW charging is fine - my opinion:-)
Last edited by Chewy on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-19.24, H228

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Chewy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Well you know more than Jaguar are telling the dealers. You will also be aware that even if they do offer it in a future version of the I-Pace, it is not backwards compatible as it would need a major hardware upgrade to existing cars?

Maybe the XJ will get it, but I doubt it as by the time it is out the CCS Rapid Charger base will be very strong and the need for slower 22kW charging will not exist.

With overnight charging of a 80kWh battery, 7kW charging is fine my opinion:-)
Agree with all of this. 7 kw is plenty and I have never heard a rumour about faster AC charging coming to I-Pace. But as Chewy said, even if it did it would require new hardware in the car. This is not something that could be patched via a software update.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

aquiss

Post by aquiss » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Orchard wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm
Sure, I’m future proofed with 22kw and I understand that there is an 11kw charging upgrade coming for ipace
The I-PACE is equipped with a 7kW single phase AC on-board charger, so as others have said, if Jaguar opt to increase this in the future, you will buying a new I-Pace that has hardware to support this.

You will also, if not done already, have to increase the power to your home meter from single phase to three phase, for anything beyond 7kW.

Return to “Andersen EV – Stylish EV Charging Points”