Home Charging Points

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
ProjectZ

Re: Home Charging Points

Post by ProjectZ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm

RJUK wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm
Yeah, that always happens to me! :lol:

I'd suggest that if you have occurrences like that often, then you're better off leaving your car with a decent amount of charge each night.

Worst case, you stop en route at a rapid charger and charge at 50 - 100kw, which would save you time Vs having a 22kw at home anyway.
I suppose it wouldn’t be too often I’d be needing to charge from like 5% over night then having to go on a long journey the following morning. I guess most nights it would just be a top up. I do think about the many random scenarios.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 pm

ProjectZ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm
RJUK wrote:

I'd suggest that if you have occurrences like that often, then you're better off leaving your car with a decent amount of charge each night.

Worst case, you stop en route at a rapid charger and charge at 50 - 100kw, which would save you time Vs having a 22kw at home anyway.
I suppose it wouldn’t be too often I’d be needing to charge from like 5% over night then having to go on a long journey the following morning. I guess most nights it would just be a top up. I do think about the many random scenarios.
Well the way I see it is that the 7kw charger is fine for a full charge overnight. If you suddenly needed to go lots of miles then a 22kw charger wouldn't save you much time over a 7kw charger. You'd be better off heading off on whatever charge you have and finding a rapid charger of 50kw or higher en route to stop off for a quick top up.

In our household we have an ICE vehicle still, so in such an emergency I'd just take that.

The charging infrastructure will only improve over time, so the availability of rapid chargers should only increase, making the EV a more viable option.

At this point in time, you're still an early adopter if you have an EV. That brings both positives and negatives.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

TeslaDriver

Post by TeslaDriver » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 pm

ProjectZ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm
RJUK wrote:

You'd need a perfect storm to be troubled by that I reckon.

If you come home "empty" (I've done it once in 80,000 miles, unanticipated circumstances) then 10 hours is going to pretty much recharge you. Normally I charge on the way home if it is "tight", and I then charge to have 20% / 40 miles predicted on arrival (in case of detour / whatever), so generally speaking I get home with no less than 40 miles. If I get home with less than 20% I charge immediately, not wait for overnight Off Peak (because I think it is kinder to battery not to leave it Low (nor High) for prolonged period). So a couple of hours after arriving home I will have another 40 miles range ...

Paulsouthport

Post by Paulsouthport » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm

I had my pod-point installed today.
£319 fitted after olev grant. They called last night to say there was a cancellation available, luckily I was off today so perfect timing.
A fairly straightforward install, albeit with a very small meter cupboard. Approx 4m from meter out to Pod-Point. No hidden extras or surprises, very efficient engineer, tidy job.
Connected to WiFi (optional) and added to the app.

Now all I need is my I-PACE (1st week August) and a new tariff!
I-Pace S, MY20 - built July 2019
S19B_19.35.5-418001
Telematics 16.2

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Urgh, don't remind me. Need to get my tariff sorted ASAP.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Paulsouthport wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm
I had my pod-point installed today.
£319 fitted after olev grant. They called last night to say there was a cancellation available, luckily I was off today so perfect timing.
A fairly straightforward install, albeit with a very small meter cupboard. Approx 4m from meter out to Pod-Point. No hidden extras or surprises, very efficient engineer, tidy job.
Connected to WiFi (optional) and added to the app.

Now all I need is my I-PACE (1st week August) and a new tariff!
Nice one

One thing to check is they can pre program the max charge rate. Mine was set at 5kw. Couple of quick calls and they upped it to 7kw.
Currently a Phoenix orange disco sport ( using as my builders van !!! and luggage carrier when out in motorhome )
Gone : I pace 2019 First Edition. Photon Red
Gone : velar
Gone : Disco 5
Gone : 2 x disco sports

Awaiting a phev disco sport.

Orchard

Post by Orchard » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Anderson update - I have a new date of 22nd August booked in, to be fair they handled it pretty well. Luckily the iPace delivery date is now 1st wk Sept, so fingers crossed!

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:44 pm

PM1 fully operational now (not sure if will paint the Amazon Prime day outdoor storage the same colour yet). Nice solid unit, apparently first consumer one installed. As previously explained would have needed 25m+ of road digging up to get electricity to my garage (Even worse having to try and deal with the leaseholder in the flat above it) so despite this being a lot more expensive than a wall mount its worked out well. Because my parking isn’t the dedicated spot then no grant either so shows the adoption curve for some, but not as bad as being on a Terrace by a pavement/road.....

Can normally park my car directly outside my back fence which only has my grass verge between it (no pavement or thoroughfare) so when charging cable under gate to car.

633BBFEA-6081-45E5-81C0-EC2F47A47C51.jpeg

i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 (Telematics module replaced) - S19B (dealer initiated)
H228 Completed

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Looking good. First thing I did with mine was lock it. Perhaps I'm not very trusting?!

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 pm

RJUK wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:16 pm
Looking good. First thing I did with mine was lock it. Perhaps I'm not very trusting?!
Haha, might do if away for some time but given its behind my gate and several cameras then think I’ll notice if someone tries to nick a few quid of leccy. Its a quiet spot too so someone would need to make the effort.
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 (Telematics module replaced) - S19B (dealer initiated)
H228 Completed

Return to “Andersen EV – Stylish EV Charging Points”