I-PACE Range Official Statement

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations

Re: I-PACE Range Official Statement

Post by ****** » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:20 pm

I agree. Their big weakness is communications. The CRC account here is some help, but I think their hands are tied with what they are allowed to tell us. If they could fix their communications I think they’d find a loyal customer base willing to help them with testing and feedback.

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:20 pm
I agree. Their big weakness is communications. The CRC account here is some help, but I think their hands are tied with what they are allowed to tell us. If they could fix their communications I think they’d find a loyal customer base willing to help them with testing and feedback.
do we really think the CRC presence here is helpful ?
I’m not sure I can remember a single, useful response to any of the serious issues raised, and personally find it infuriating and condescending when I see their packaged answer “......if you send me a PM with your VIN I will ensure it gets raised with the appropriate team....”.

All that does is take any further discussion out of the public domain and puts it back behind closed doors, so I don’t see that ‘presence’ as at all useful to this forum.

Before I joined this forum I had never experienced Jaguar CRC, and had a very open mind about the car and about Jaguar as a company.
— I’ve learned a lot about the car from forum members, but nothing from Jaguar.
— My opinion about Jaguar as a company and about CRC as a customer focussed support has changed from open-mind/neutral to one where I regard CRC as useless (at best), and the company as hopelessly out of touch with its customers and potential customers.
So I think their presence here is at best pointless, at worst it actually damages the brand reputation.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

HardBoil

Post by HardBoil » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes, it's frustrating that almost no one has achieved close to the quoted range, I do feel for people who didn't do any research and took the adverts at their word and expected to nail that number every trip.

What I'm personally frustrated at are the comments around efficiency compared to other cars and brands, If you purchased a Jaguar expected to get one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market then more the FOOL you and you clearly didn't understand the brand you were buying!

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Jaguar has never gone to market with the strapline the most fuel-efficient car in its class... EVER!

Jaguar is all about great styling, the drive and the way the car makes you feel, that's why Jaguar has so many cars that have endured and become classics while its fuel-efficient competitors were scraped and crushed long ago.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but Jaguar has remained constant and stood behind their mission statement, if they tried to compete based on cost or MPG they would have gone to the wall years ago like so many other British brands.
I-PACE / X590 / 2019 / EBONY BLACK/NARVIK BLACK

General i-pace rambling http://tinyurl.com/y54rn4d5

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:23 pm

personally the “range” is one of the things I am completely at ease with and what it offers is just fine for my use case.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

ghost

Post by ghost » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:42 pm

The WLTP range of 415-470km (depending on model, wheels, tires, etc) should be achievable if you drive the car approximately the same way and under the same condition that the WLTP cycle defines.

The problem is that we rarely do this.

The WLTP cycle is:
- Nice summer temperatures. 22 degree C or higher.
- No wind
- Mostly very moderate speed (just a few minutes of the 30 minute cycle are on the highway)
- No use of AC
- Driving to the car until it no longer will move (i.e. not only to when the instrument tells you there are 0% left)
- Not much elevation.

Currently I'm seeing 400 km range or more (based on consumption) when driving in very moderate speed (mix of 60-90 km/h). I can see my car surpassing the WLTP range of around (430-440 km) for my particular car in conditions defined by the WLTP (summer, no wind and no AC).

However, when I drive on the highways (which is max 110 km in Norway) my consumption increases considerably. And if I drive in the 120-130 km/t band the range will be way lower than the claimed WLTP range as expected.

If you need or prefer to drive fast you need to charge more often if you are doing a long trip.

emgf

Post by emgf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
I think JLR does not communicate with us the customers because they are not in
control of the software development . When i met them in October 2018 during the
Paris motor show they told me the 100 KW update will be released in November !
Very different from Tesla who announced and delivered an OTA software update
to modify the Tesla M3 braking distance over a week end !
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 Telematics 16.2

Post by ****** » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Another way of putting that though is “very different from Tesla who sold a car with potentially dangerous brakes and didn’t notice until a consumer group pointed it out”!

emgf

Post by emgf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Another way of putting that though is “very different from Tesla who sold a car with potentially dangerous brakes and didn’t notice until a consumer group pointed it out”!
Yes it was because of a Consumer Report article . But my point is that Tesla solved
the issue over the week end by OTA ; they announced it and they did it ‘which means
that they were in control ( although they made a mistake initially)
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 Telematics 16.2

Post by ****** » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 pm

I’m sorry, but I just see the Tesla failure as MUCH bigger than the JLR one in those two scenarios.

McRat

Post by McRat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 am

Billy Bunter wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am
Goshdarnit wrote:
do we really think the CRC presence here is helpful ?
I’m not sure I can remember a single, useful response to any of the serious issues raised, and personally find it infuriating and condescending when I see their packaged answer “......if you send me a PM with your VIN I will ensure it gets raised with the appropriate team....”.

All that does is take any further discussion out of the public domain and puts it back behind closed doors, so I don’t see that ‘presence’ as at all useful to this forum.

Before I joined this forum I had never experienced Jaguar CRC, and had a very open mind about the car and about Jaguar as a company.
— I’ve learned a lot about the car from forum members, but nothing from Jaguar.
— My opinion about Jaguar as a company and about CRC as a customer focussed support has changed from open-mind/neutral to one where I regard CRC as useless (at best), and the company as hopelessly out of touch with its customers and potential customers.
So I think their presence here is at best pointless, at worst it actually damages the brand reputation.
Tesla had a guy who would come on the internet forum and try and help owners. He sure could take a lot of abuse. He was actually upper management and very helpful. So he was fired.

One of his last acts was to talk The Boss into removing the hidden code that restricted the cars to 25 hard launches. It apparently was like those stories you hear about where the Sergeant dives on the grenade in the bunker to save his men. Problem? It was his CO who threw the grenade in the first place.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”