Steering asssit on 21MY

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
kermit68

Steering asssit on 21MY

Post by kermit68 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi Dan, I'm having trouble in understanding whether the steering assist comes with the driver assist pack on 21MY. According to US, UK and France JLR websites seem it does come, but according to Italy, Spain, Germany, Australia websites seem it doesn't.
Is it really market dependent? If I order a 21MY with driver assist pack in Italy will I get it?

Thanks for any clarification on this subject.
MY21 Yulong White SE, 20", head-up display, air susp, matrix lights, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs
MY20 SE - gone

Crazymind

Re: Steering asssit on 21MY

Post by Crazymind » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Don’t waste your money. It’s useless.

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:51 pm

It's more a curiosity. I do want the ACC as I already have it on my current I~Pace and i found it very useful on motorways so I need the driver assit pack anyway. But, it's free as it is already included in the specifications of the company car, no extra money for that. Still, I'm curious about what I'll get ...
MY21 Yulong White SE, 20", head-up display, air susp, matrix lights, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs
MY20 SE - gone

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:57 pm

Crazymind wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 pm
Don’t waste your money. It’s useless.
I use it all the time. I find it very useful and it makes long journeys much less tiring.

Crazymind

Post by Crazymind » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:37 am

You mean ACC I guess. Steering assist is a complete joke. I reckon it could be helpful if you fall
Asleep.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:20 am

Crazymind wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:37 am
You mean ACC I guess. Steering assist is a complete joke. I reckon it could be helpful if you fall
Asleep.
No I mean both. Just to check, does your car have the Cruise Steer Assist option? Or are you just using the standard Lane Keep Assist? The two are not the same and if you’re trying to use Lane Keep Assist then you’re using it for a purpose it wasn’t designed for. Every time I hear someone criticise it, it turns out either their car doesn’t have Cruise Steer Assist, or they haven’t enabled it in the instrument cluster settings menu. Cruise Steer Assist is excellent, and much smoother than many other manufacturers.

Crazymind

Post by Crazymind » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:56 am

Hi Dude, Smooth is a big word.
Thing is Jaguar is using the same tech they used on my xf 2015. ACC, steering assist, lane keep assist they all behave not as a Driver would. That was their first attempt to high tech and they didn’t do one step forward. ACC has very limited functions. It can’t see a car moving from one lane to another, it is jerky sometimes, can’t overtake. Was a good attempt in 2015. Now even Nissan on their cars have better ACC.
Keep lane assist, very dangerous if it works. It’s like a drunk man walking on the motorway. Steering assist mostly jerky and slow to react.
Forgot to mention there is no warning if steering assist goes of.
Recently drove New bmw and Volvo. Both system are way better than Jag. And it feels safe to use them. Not with Jaguar.
Last edited by Crazymind on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 am

Crazymind wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:56 am
Hi Dude, Smooth is a big word.
Thing is Jaguar is using the same tech they used on my xf 2015. ACC, steering assist, lane keep assist they all behave not as a Driver would. That was their first attempt to high tech and they didn’t do one step forward. ACC has very limited functions. It can’t see a car moving from one lane to another, it is jerky sometimes, can’t overtake. Was a good attempt in 2015. Now even Nissan on their cars have better ACC.
Keep lane assist, very dangerous if it works. It’s like a drunk man walking on the motorway. Steering assist mostly jerky and slow to react.
I completely disagree with that assessment. I’m willing to bet you either don’t have cruise steer assist or haven’t enabled it correctly in settings. Interesting that you keep calling it Lane Keep Assist. Lane Keep Assist and Cruise Steer Assist are completely different.

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:17 am

I’m not keen on steer assist, other features of the driver assist pack are good, blind spot monitoring and ACC in particular BUT they are not infallible!.

Yesterday on a standard A road with ACC on a long 40mph area following another car
He slowed down for a cyclist, waiting for a chance to pull out and overtake
When he did ACC lost him but didn’t see the cyclist and accelerated
That activated the driver take control warning - a dramatic moment.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 am

Delta5 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:17 am
I’m not keen on steer assist, other features of the driver assist pack are good, blind spot monitoring and ACC in particular BUT they are not infallible!.

Yesterday on a standard A road with ACC on a long 40mph area following another car
He slowed down for a cyclist, waiting for a chance to pull out and overtake
When he did ACC lost him but didn’t see the cyclist and accelerated
That activated the driver take control warning - a dramatic moment.
It’s certainly not perfect, but that’s why it’s called driver assist. You’re responsible for the car at all times and it’s important to know it’s limitations and to remain attentive at all times.