Spare wheel

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
johnd

Spare wheel

Post by johnd » Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am

Any chance that JLR could provide some further information please on the spare wheel - ideally a picture maybe?

It's clearly available as an option, but my understanding is that there's no well for it. So the question is about how it's supplied. Four points I guess:

1. I understand the wheel is supplied with a cover - correct?
2. But it surely can't be just loose in the boot - that's potentially dangerous in an accident I would have thought, especially if the rear seats were down?
3. It's presumably a spacesaver spare, but is it supplied deflated to save more space as is sometimes done nowadays?
4. If it is deflated then is eg an electric inflation pump also supplied as part of the option?

Mark_T

Re: Spare wheel

Post by Mark_T » Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 am

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

johnd wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am
Any chance that JLR could provide some further information please on the spare wheel - ideally a picture maybe?

It's clearly available as an option, but my understanding is that there's no well for it. So the question is about how it's supplied. Four points I guess:

1. I understand the wheel is supplied with a cover - correct?
2. But it surely can't be just loose in the boot - that's potentially dangerous in an accident I would have thought, especially if the rear seats were down?
3. It's presumably a spacesaver spare, but is it supplied deflated to save more space as is sometimes done nowadays?
4. If it is deflated then is eg an electric inflation pump also supplied as part of the option?
Good afternoon Johnd,

I have a look into your query and would like to advise the below to your points.

1. Yes the spare wheel is supplied with a cover
2. The spare wheel is loose in the back - the following is stated in the owners handbook "WARNING Keep the back seats in an upright position when a spare or recovered wheel is on the load board. Failure to do so may cause serious injury in case of an accident."
3. The wheel come inflated
4. An instant mobility kit is provided.

I do have a picture and if you would like to send this to you please kindly PM me you email address and I will forward this to you.

Thanks, Stacie

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am

That sounds very Heath Robinson. If I do order an I Pace I will omit the spare wheel and live in hope of no punctures.

arne

Post by arne » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Picture shamelessly stolen on FB.
You probably don't want this... :-)

43120738_421795275019837_7849424802161885184_n.jpg

,19 i-Pace on order | '15 VW e-Golf VP (83'km) | '15 VW e-Golf (24'km) | '00 MB E320T 4Matic (392'km)

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:16 pm

I have ordered one.. it's £150 at order time and I can leave it in the car for the most part and just pull it out when I need to. Not ideal that it does not fit under the floor like the Evoque one does but I understand the space limitations of this car.. I bet if you wanted to add this (and the Jack etc) afterwards it would cost more than 150! For the most part I don't keep anything in the boot anyway but obviously this won't be for everyone.
On order : HSE + Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack,Front Fogs, Spare wheel
Deposit Paid :13/10/2018
Build Date: 22/02/201
Caved and ammended order to add HUD and Air Suspension! Caved again and added pano roof

noddy

Post by noddy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Great idea to pui instrctions on how to change a wheel but unfortunatly it does not help where the REDUCED SECTION ALLOY SPARE WHEEL fits,i will explain why i say this because it says at the end store it back in the case for safety if you are changing a REDUCED SECTION SPARE WHEEL from a case in the boot then the wheel with flat which is full size would not fit in the case so i still think Jaguar should send out a proper answer to us all.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”