Spare wheel

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
johnd

Spare wheel

Post by johnd » Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am

Any chance that JLR could provide some further information please on the spare wheel - ideally a picture maybe?

It's clearly available as an option, but my understanding is that there's no well for it. So the question is about how it's supplied. Four points I guess:

1. I understand the wheel is supplied with a cover - correct?
2. But it surely can't be just loose in the boot - that's potentially dangerous in an accident I would have thought, especially if the rear seats were down?
3. It's presumably a spacesaver spare, but is it supplied deflated to save more space as is sometimes done nowadays?
4. If it is deflated then is eg an electric inflation pump also supplied as part of the option?

Mark_T

Re: Spare wheel

Post by Mark_T » Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 am

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

johnd wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:18 am
Any chance that JLR could provide some further information please on the spare wheel - ideally a picture maybe?

It's clearly available as an option, but my understanding is that there's no well for it. So the question is about how it's supplied. Four points I guess:

1. I understand the wheel is supplied with a cover - correct?
2. But it surely can't be just loose in the boot - that's potentially dangerous in an accident I would have thought, especially if the rear seats were down?
3. It's presumably a spacesaver spare, but is it supplied deflated to save more space as is sometimes done nowadays?
4. If it is deflated then is eg an electric inflation pump also supplied as part of the option?
Good afternoon Johnd,

I have a look into your query and would like to advise the below to your points.

1. Yes the spare wheel is supplied with a cover
2. The spare wheel is loose in the back - the following is stated in the owners handbook "WARNING Keep the back seats in an upright position when a spare or recovered wheel is on the load board. Failure to do so may cause serious injury in case of an accident."
3. The wheel come inflated
4. An instant mobility kit is provided.

I do have a picture and if you would like to send this to you please kindly PM me you email address and I will forward this to you.

Thanks, Stacie

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am

That sounds very Heath Robinson. If I do order an I Pace I will omit the spare wheel and live in hope of no punctures.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”