SOTA

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
mslatte
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:38 am
Location: Teesside

SOTA

Post by mslatte » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 am

Hi, just had a software update OTA and wondered what the hell it's done. There is no info anywhere I can find that lets users know what these updates are for. At least with Apple they give details of what each update does (even though they have to issue another update to put right what went wrong). Why can't Jaguar give some info on the forum pages as to what they are updating, they don't even tell you what is being updated in the dealership when they do telematics/battery updates, in fact when I asked the dealership after the update from 14.2 what it did, no one knew. surely its not rocket science to say infotainment update does bla bla bla


fa147
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by fa147 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:45 am

You are absolutely right that JLR should be sending us the details of the update when they tell us there is an update, but at the same time I do understand why they don’t.

They are still new to the SOTA system and how to implement across multiple car models/types and they are not at the point where they can release to all markets at the same time. As such if they readily gave out the update versions and details, invariable it would make it way to forums such as this and everyone would be demanding updates immoderately.

Now because they haven’t got to the point of being confident with their SOTA just yet, they are cautious of that sort of update as a missed item could cause cars to become non-working and that normally leads to massive negative press. It’s better to drag it out and it never make it to the press then have negative press and it hurts sales.

Nonetheless, access to TOPIx will give you the information of service campaigns and SOTA update details, but if you search on the this forum you will also come across posts where users have uploaded the pdf of the fixes for each.

I think it makes sense that the update odd files are kept on a sticky page at the top of the I-Pace related section, but I’d have to see if the forum administrators agree.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156


CRC@Jaguar
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am

mslatte wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 am
Hi, just had a software update OTA and wondered what the hell it's done. There is no info anywhere I can find that lets users know what these updates are for. At least with Apple they give details of what each update does (even though they have to issue another update to put right what went wrong). Why can't Jaguar give some info on the forum pages as to what they are updating, they don't even tell you what is being updated in the dealership when they do telematics/battery updates, in fact when I asked the dealership after the update from 14.2 what it did, no one knew. surely its not rocket science to say infotainment update does bla bla bla
Good Morning Mslatte

Thank you for your post.

The features that the latest Software Update '19B' brings to the Next Generation Infotainment (NGI) system are as follows:

A new in-vehicle experience for software updates will be delivered with the 19B NGI release. The new experience will make the software update process a lot simpler for our customers and will ensure that their vehicle is always available to receive an update once a data connection has been made.

What are the changes once you have updated to 19B?


SOTA Always On

Software updates are auto-enabled from NGI software version 19A3 onwards. Users will no longer have the option to turn software updates off. The only way a user can disable software updates is to turn their mobile data to ‘Off’.

SOTA PIN Lock

Users will no longer have the option to set a PIN lock for software updates. Software updates can only be performed when there is a data connection, either via WiFi or vehicle SIM card. If a user wants to stop software updates being performed by anyone else, they can disable software updates by turning their mobile data to ‘Off’.

Skip Update

Users will no longer have the option to skip an update. Users can select ‘Install now’ which will commence the download and installation or ‘Remind later’. The ‘Remind later’ option will ensure that the update notification will appear again after 6 hours.


I hope this has answered your question.

Should you require any further assistance, or would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with you VIN number and contact details.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK


fa147
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by fa147 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:19 pm

I've found the release notes for S19B_19.35.4-418001 so I have attached.
S19B_19.35.4-418001.pdf
(74.34 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
The release notes for S19B_19.40.4-436082 are what CRC@Jaguar has supplied, but this is what I found through the forum.

S19B_19.40.4-436082 1.png

S19B_19.40.4-436082 2.png

I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156


djjw
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by djjw » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 am

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am
mslatte wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 am
Hi, just had a software update OTA and wondered what the hell it's done. There is no info anywhere I can find that lets users know what these updates are for. At least with Apple they give details of what each update does (even though they have to issue another update to put right what went wrong). Why can't Jaguar give some info on the forum pages as to what they are updating, they don't even tell you what is being updated in the dealership when they do telematics/battery updates, in fact when I asked the dealership after the update from 14.2 what it did, no one knew. surely its not rocket science to say infotainment update does bla bla bla
Good Morning Mslatte

Thank you for your post.

The features that the latest Software Update '19B' brings to the Next Generation Infotainment (NGI) system are as follows:

A new in-vehicle experience for software updates will be delivered with the 19B NGI release. The new experience will make the software update process a lot simpler for our customers and will ensure that their vehicle is always available to receive an update once a data connection has been made.

What are the changes once you have updated to 19B?


SOTA Always On

Software updates are auto-enabled from NGI software version 19A3 onwards. Users will no longer have the option to turn software updates off. The only way a user can disable software updates is to turn their mobile data to ‘Off’.

SOTA PIN Lock

Users will no longer have the option to set a PIN lock for software updates. Software updates can only be performed when there is a data connection, either via WiFi or vehicle SIM card. If a user wants to stop software updates being performed by anyone else, they can disable software updates by turning their mobile data to ‘Off’.

Skip Update

Users will no longer have the option to skip an update. Users can select ‘Install now’ which will commence the download and installation or ‘Remind later’. The ‘Remind later’ option will ensure that the update notification will appear again after 6 hours.


I hope this has answered your question.

Should you require any further assistance, or would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with you VIN number and contact details.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Great to see some comms from Jaguar Dan, hopefully this will continue. The information provided is promising, looks SOTA will be automated.
HSE my20 Santorini Black, panoramic, 20”, HUD, Secure Tracker Pro


Pcheaven
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by Pcheaven » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 pm

mslatte wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 am
Hi, just had a software update OTA and wondered what the hell it's done. There is no info anywhere I can find that lets users know what these updates are for. At least with Apple they give details of what each update does (even though they have to issue another update to put right what went wrong). Why can't Jaguar give some info on the forum pages as to what they are updating, they don't even tell you what is being updated in the dealership when they do telematics/battery updates, in fact when I asked the dealership after the update from 14.2 what it did, no one knew. surely its not rocket science to say infotainment update does bla bla bla
Keep an eye on the technical section

I share the software release notes there.
That should tell you most everything about your updates.

Or. You can get a paid subscription to topix and source them direct.
Currently a Phoenix orange disco sport ( using as my builders van !!! and luggage carrier when out in motorhome )
Gone : I pace 2019 First Edition. Photon Red
Gone : velar
Gone : Disco 5
Gone : 2 x disco sports

Awaiting a phev disco sport.


mslatte
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:38 am
Location: Teesside

Re: SOTA

Post by mslatte » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Many thanks to Dan from Jaguar UK, much appreciated. All Jaguar has to do now is send us a charging timer by SOTA so that we can set a time to start a charge and a time to stop, something nice and simple.


slowlane
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm
Location: Poole, UK

Re: SOTA

Post by slowlane » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Dear Dan / Jaguar CRC,

I received an email on 21st October 2019 from Jaguar UK notifying me of a wireless software update (mentioning a smartphone pack), swiftly followed by receiving the actual 19B update through the car and signed as S19B_19.40.4-436082.

However, on 6th November 2019, I received an identical email from Jaguar UK, but nothing new appeared via the car. Was the second email intended as a reminder or was there another update expected?
Looking forward to your feedback.
SE MY19 since 03/19. TouchPro S19B_19.40.4-436082.


CRC@Jaguar
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: SOTA

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm

slowlane wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Dear Dan / Jaguar CRC,

I received an email on 21st October 2019 from Jaguar UK notifying me of a wireless software update (mentioning a smartphone pack), swiftly followed by receiving the actual 19B update through the car and signed as S19B_19.40.4-436082.

However, on 6th November 2019, I received an identical email from Jaguar UK, but nothing new appeared via the car. Was the second email intended as a reminder or was there another update expected?
Looking forward to your feedback.
Good Morning Slowlane,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that the latest software version is as follows:

S19B_19.40.4-436082

Should your vehicle show this as the latest software, then no more updates are available and the software on your vehicle is up to date.

I hope this has answered your question, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK.


elbocko
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: SOTA

Post by elbocko » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm
slowlane wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Dear Dan / Jaguar CRC,

I received an email on 21st October 2019 from Jaguar UK notifying me of a wireless software update (mentioning a smartphone pack), swiftly followed by receiving the actual 19B update through the car and signed as S19B_19.40.4-436082.

However, on 6th November 2019, I received an identical email from Jaguar UK, but nothing new appeared via the car. Was the second email intended as a reminder or was there another update expected?
Looking forward to your feedback.
Good Morning Slowlane,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that the latest software version is as follows:

S19B_19.40.4-436082

Should your vehicle show this as the latest software, then no more updates are available and the software on your vehicle is up to date.

I hope this has answered your question, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK.
Yup, I sent them the same email.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18"
InControl Touch Pro S19B_19.40.4-436082. Vehicle Connectivity 17.2, Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say.


Post Reply

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”