Battery Management...

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Mark_T

Battery Management...

Post by Mark_T » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Stacie,

Are you able to tell us about the battery management features of the i-Pace and recommendations for day to day charging limits?

With Tesla for example, owners are actively encouraged not to fully charge the car unless planning to use it the same day, and the car offers features to limit the charge to a specific percentage.

It has been suggested by some that it is not necessary to limit the maximum charge for the i-pace in this way, is this true?

Also, can we set a percentage limit on the battery charging if we wish?

Thanks.

CRC@Jaguar

Re: Battery Management...

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Good afternoon Mark_t,

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I am currently investigating your query with the Product Team as I do not have the information available that you requested. As soon as I have received a response I will be able to provide you with an update.

Thanks, Stacie

Mark_T

Post by Mark_T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks Stacie, I look forward to more detail when it is available.

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:38 am

Good morning Mark_T,

I have taken the opportunity to liaise with the Product team in relation to your query and they have advised the below:

The "default" charge for I-PACE is to 80% of capacity, this does most to protect the battery, but also significantly shortens the amount of time the vehicle is on charge for as the last 20% of charge can take a long time.

By all means you can charge to 100% whenever you want, for example if you need to do a particularly long journey.

You will be able to set/override the default charge limit if they wish.

We recommend plugging I-PACE in each night and let it charge on cheap overnight electricity to 80%. If the vehicle is plugged in, then any cabin or battery pre-conditioning will then use main electricity rather than use energy stored in the battery which would reduce range.

I hope the above provides the answers you were hoping for.

Thanks, Stacie

Mark_T

Post by Mark_T » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks for the reply Stacie.

This advice is pretty much the same as Tesla then, and in line with general Lithium battery charging practice.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”