Your Next recall

Post by HardBoil » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm

rolls eyes

I-PACE / X590 / 2019 / EBONY BLACK/NARVIK BLACK

General i-pace rambling http://tinyurl.com/y54rn4d5

AGT

Re: Your Next recall

Post by AGT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:14 pm

The inside trim on both of my rear wheel arches has come away because the retaining clips fell off when driving in very heavy rain on Saturday evening.

This is not a warranty repair as there are no damaged parts to return to Jaguar! Also I was told, very nicely, that the clips could have fallen off as a result of accident damage or me power washing the car.

The clips are only £45. I won't lose any sleep. The loss of goodwill, priceless.

Ironically, before we started the journey someone joked about driving an electric car in heavy rain. Be careful out there in the wet!

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 pm

I do a lot of narrow lane driving and at this time of year I've observed that those trims really live up to their name.
Overhanging verge or hedge greenery gets swept in and clipped off so you arrive at your destination with bunches of greenery sticking out either side (especially nearside obv) trapped between the trim and the body.
I suppose that given a sufficiently long run next to such overgrowth, the accumulation could pop the trims out of their fixing holes, assuming they're just snapped in, not screwed.
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

HardBoil

Post by HardBoil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Terry60 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 pm
I do a lot of narrow lane driving and at this time of year I've observed that those trims really live up to their name.
Overhanging verge or hedge greenery gets swept in and clipped off so you arrive at your destination with bunches of greenery sticking out either side (especially nearside obv) trapped between the trim and the body.
I suppose that given a sufficiently long run next to such overgrowth, the accumulation could pop the trims out of their fixing holes, assuming they're just snapped in, not screwed.
Yeah as far as I can see they just plastic plugs like they use to secure interior pannels on a car from the 80s/90s :?
I-PACE / X590 / 2019 / EBONY BLACK/NARVIK BLACK

General i-pace rambling http://tinyurl.com/y54rn4d5

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”