Ecotricity

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Goshdarnit

Re: Ecotricity

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:47 pm

Agreed. If it wasn’t for my YouTube channel combined with the CPS issues forcing me to to use my ABC strategy I would have used 3 or 4 rapid charges since buying my car in January.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Bluemoon

Post by Bluemoon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm

I have only had my iPace for 1 month, so am new to all this. I've just been on holiday in Brecon Beacons, and was a bit wary about going all that way. Going was fine as I was able to use a fast Podoint charger at Droitwich Spa - free to use, apart from being tempted to buy all sorts of stuff at Lidl. There is also a brilliant charger in Llandovery. it's owned by the council and you just pay to park. Their win, as i probably wouldn't have gone to the town if I hadn't needed to charge.
However, coming home yesterday was a nightmare. It took me 12 hours to travel less than 300 miles. I avoided the Droitwich route due to long queues at the roadworks round Birmingham and Cambridge, so I went on the M4. None of the Ecotricity fast chargers (CCS) worked for me (Chievely services, IKEA in Theale). They gave a lot of red on my car screen. I worried that I had damaged my car in some way by using the wrong one, so after the first couple I only tried using the type 2 43 KW connector. This meant that I had to stop 5 times, each one adding nearly an hour to my journey. I was a very unhappy bunny when I finally got home - completely lost that relaxed holiday feeling.
Reading through this thread it seems this is a common problem. What can we do to get it sorted - the news says that fewer people are buying EV cars. If you can't go long distance on motorways that won't help things at all. And JLR have committed to making EV in UK.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Bluemoon wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm
The news says that fewer people are buying EV cars. If you can't go long distance on motorways that won't help things at all. And JLR have committed to making EV in UK.
Hybrid sales down, EV sales in the UK are up 60%.

Once you learn you will find the rapid chargers that are off the MWay and would have made your trip more pleasant.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, 15.2

Bluemoon

Post by Bluemoon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Sorry, I must have misheard. That's good news if EV vehicles are increasing. Hopefully that will encourage charging providers to pull up their socks.
What are the good networks to use? I am lucky enough to have free charge at work from Podpoint so I effectively get 50 mile round trip a day for free. I looked into other networks when planning my trip but didn't want to pay Polar a whole load of money and then never use them.

RicSall

Post by RicSall » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 pm

I have just received the following message from Ecotricity:

"Thanks for your email regarding charging your Jaguar I-Pace.

We’re currently investigating an issue affecting some newer vehicles using the CCS connector at our charging stations. The issue is intermittent, only impacting some of our pumps and only some of the time. We’re working with our charge point manufacturers and our pump providers to identify the issue and resolve it as quickly as possible, so our users can charge on all of our units all of the time.

We do recommend you charge on the CCS connector as this will ensure your vehicle charges rapidly. If you have an issue, please close and reopen the app, start another charge session ensuring the doors are shut and the vehicle is completely turned off. Please only connect the vehicle once the payment has been confirmed.

If you're unable to have a successful charge you can use our AC connector which will charge your vehicle at a slower rate, so you can continue with your journey or before moving on to another service station."

RedIPace

Post by RedIPace » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Bluemoon wrote:
However, coming home yesterday was a nightmare. It took me 12 hours to travel less than 300 miles. I avoided the Droitwich route due to long queues at the roadworks round Birmingham and Cambridge, so I went on the M4.
I would suggest planning a route that goes via the Milton Keynes EV Charging Hub at M1 J14. A quick look at Google Maps shows it to be 175 miles from Brecon Beacons, so should easily manage it on a full charge, even if you go via M4/M1. It may be slightly longer, but it's a very reliable place to fill up rapidly so will probably save time overall.
You can even use the Park&Ride into the city centre for £2 and go do some shopping for an hour or so :D

Bluemoon

Post by Bluemoon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good place. It's only 100 miles or so from where i live, so a good choice for lots of journeys. Trouble is it's still Ecotricity, so pot luck if it works or not! Let's hope they sort this probelm out soon

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 pm

RicSall wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 pm
I have just received the following message from Ecotricity:

"Thanks for your email regarding charging your Jaguar I-Pace.

We’re currently investigating an issue affecting some newer vehicles using the CCS connector at our charging stations. The issue is intermittent, only impacting some of our pumps and only some of the time. We’re working with our charge point manufacturers and our pump providers to identify the issue and resolve it as quickly as possible, so our users can charge on all of our units all of the time.

We do recommend you charge on the CCS connector as this will ensure your vehicle charges rapidly. If you have an issue, please close and reopen the app, start another charge session ensuring the doors are shut and the vehicle is completely turned off. Please only connect the vehicle once the payment has been confirmed.

If you're unable to have a successful charge you can use our AC connector which will charge your vehicle at a slower rate, so you can continue with your journey or before moving on to another service station."
Sounds like exactly the same issue as the one with ChargePlace Scotland’s older eVolt chargers.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Jim_M

Post by Jim_M » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Milton Keynes EV charging hub at J14 is not Ecotricity.... It has Polar (50Kw) and Ionity (350Kw) chargers (I think it's 8 Polar, and 4 Ionity). I've never failed to get a charge there (and have never queued as there are so many pumps).
MY20 I-Pace SE, Firenze Red

wilco

Post by wilco » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 am

Bluemoon wrote:
I have only had my iPace for 1 month, so am new to all this. I've just been on holiday in Brecon Beacons, and was a bit wary about going all that way. Going was fine as I was able to use a fast Podoint charger at Droitwich Spa - free to use, apart from being tempted to buy all sorts of stuff at Lidl. There is also a brilliant charger in Llandovery. it's owned by the council and you just pay to park. Their win, as i probably wouldn't have gone to the town if I hadn't needed to charge.
However, coming home yesterday was a nightmare. It took me 12 hours to travel less than 300 miles. I avoided the Droitwich route due to long queues at the roadworks round Birmingham and Cambridge, so I went on the M4. None of the Ecotricity fast chargers (CCS) worked for me (Chievely services, IKEA in Theale). They gave a lot of red on my car screen. I worried that I had damaged my car in some way by using the wrong one, so after the first couple I only tried using the type 2 43 KW connector. This meant that I had to stop 5 times, each one adding nearly an hour to my journey. I was a very unhappy bunny when I finally got home - completely lost that relaxed holiday feeling.
Reading through this thread it seems this is a common problem. What can we do to get it sorted - the news says that fewer people are buying EV cars. If you can't go long distance on motorways that won't help things at all. And JLR have committed to making EV in UK.
I would avoid Ecotricity for the time being, there are a lot of reported problems with their chargers. I have used Polar & Instavolt that have many chargers just off the motorway, both have proved very reliable,
S, Borasco Grey, 18" wheels, oyster leather, gesture tailgate. S/w 19a_19.11 & 16.2?

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”