Ecotricity

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
nigel_f

Ecotricity

Post by nigel_f » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Dear Jaguar

Is it possible for you to give us an update on Ecotricity chargers?

It seems they don't work with I-Paces.

This is a pity because someone has seen fit to give them exclusivity on charging points in motorway service areas.

Thanks
Nigel

Pcheaven

Re: Ecotricity

Post by Pcheaven » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Like I have said before. They work almost flawlessly with my i pace. I have used them more than 30 times

1 failure - charger was dead
1 needed 2 attempts to charge

All other times they worked as expected.

CYC and genipoint are much worst.
Currently a Phoenix orange disco sport ( using as my builders van !!! and luggage carrier when out in motorhome )
Gone : I pace 2019 First Edition. Photon Red
Gone : velar
Gone : Disco 5
Gone : 2 x disco sports

Awaiting a phev disco sport.

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Pcheaven wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm
Like I have said before. They work almost flawlessly with my i pace. I have used them more than 30 times

And I have never had a successful charge from Ecotricity. Maybe I am doing it differently to you, what is your routine for connection and where do you charge?
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19
Infotainment S19A_19.24.2-375121, Telematics 16.2, Battery Shh, it won't say.

davidp40

Post by davidp40 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Pcheaven wrote:

OK, they work for you. But they don't work for the vast majority of us. In fact I would go as far as to say, based on other threads and posts, that you are in a minority of maybe less than 1%?

So, in a thread directed by the OP at Jaguar Customer Services, I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Are you saying that Jaguar should not bother attempting to provide a solution that works for the great majority of owners, in motorway service areas?

Or are you asserting that the OP is wrong? I guess if one owner does that, then it is enough for JLR to say "it's ok, it works for some customers", and gets them off the hook. Why would you want to get them off the hook, just because it uncannily happens to work for you only? What about the rest of us?

Also, the same question for JLR. What about the rest of us - the overwhelming majority who can't charge at MSAs?
SE, Corris Grey, Pan roof, 20" diamond cut, delivered April 2019. Warwickshire.

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:17 pm

davidp40 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:55 pm
Pcheaven wrote:

OK, they work for you. But they don't work for the vast majority of us. In fact I would go as far as to say, based on other threads and posts, that you are in a minority of maybe less than 1%?

So, in a thread directed by the OP at Jaguar Customer Services, I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Are you saying that Jaguar should not bother attempting to provide a solution that works for the great majority of owners, in motorway service areas?

Or are you asserting that the OP is wrong? I guess if one owner does that, then it is enough for JLR to say "it's ok, it works for some customers", and gets them off the hook. Why would you want to get them off the hook, just because it uncannily happens to work for you only? What about the rest of us?

Also, the same question for JLR. What about the rest of us - the overwhelming majority who can't charge at MSAs?
I am another without ANY success at Ecotricity chargers; tried and failed at 3 separate chargers along M3/M25 last Friday, and many times over the last three months since receiving the car. I am an Ecotricity home customer and so even more annoyed.
SE MY19 since 03/19. TouchPro S19B_19.35.5-418001, telematics still 14.2.

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:31 pm

This is very odd, I have used all the M25 ones at some point or another ( And the M3 south bound ), with no issues

I plan my journeys around polar then ecotricity ( may have to factor in IONITY soon !) and avoid at all cost geniepoint - or whatever they are called, as they have never worked for me
Currently a Phoenix orange disco sport ( using as my builders van !!! and luggage carrier when out in motorhome )
Gone : I pace 2019 First Edition. Photon Red
Gone : velar
Gone : Disco 5
Gone : 2 x disco sports

Awaiting a phev disco sport.

davidp40

Post by davidp40 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Problem is, JLR representatives are now unlikely to answer this question, as it looks as if the question of Ecotricity charging is a somehow a matter of debate.

If you work for JLR and are reading this, for the record, I am saying that it's pretty obvious that >99% of I-Pace charge attempts at motorway service areas fail. On the other hand 99% of Tesla charges at MSAs succeed. You fail to recognise or address this problem at the risk of your brand.
SE, Corris Grey, Pan roof, 20" diamond cut, delivered April 2019. Warwickshire.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm

As a matter of interest, did anyone manage to collar Dale Vince at Fully Charged Live this year and have it out with him, Ecotricity were a main sponsor again.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

Dorrick

Post by Dorrick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:06 am

I'm another iPace owner who fails to charge at Ecotricity chargers majority of the time.

My success rate on these chargers is most likely 1 in 6 attempts , I used the one at Junction 19 M5 the other day on a journey south and managed to get a charge , on my way back I stopped at the same charger and failed to charge I tried at least 6 times to connect and spoke with Ecotricity as I was rather low on range(10 miles) they advised that it was a communication issue between the car and charger I explained only 4 hours previously it worked but we got no where .

Jaguar do need to look into the situation as the charging network in the Uk is still growing and outside of the South east it's growing slowly and whilst I love driving my iPace the will I charge won't I charge is becoming an annoyance.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:27 am

Dorrick wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:06 am
I'm another iPace owner who fails to charge at Ecotricity chargers majority of the time.

My success rate on these chargers is most likely 1 in 6 attempts , I used the one at Junction 19 M5 the other day on a journey south and managed to get a charge , on my way back I stopped at the same charger and failed to charge I tried at least 6 times to connect and spoke with Ecotricity as I was rather low on range(10 miles) they advised that it was a communication issue between the car and charger I explained only 4 hours previously it worked but we got no where .

Jaguar do need to look into the situation as the charging network in the Uk is still growing and outside of the South east it's growing slowly and whilst I love driving my iPace the will I charge won't I charge is becoming an annoyance.
Similar to my ChargePlace Scotland experiences. I call it “charger roulette”. I’m detailing it in my YouTube videos but it’s so frustrating as the same charger will work one day and not the next. I’ve had a charger start after 10 attempts once, when most people would have given up and moved on. But I’ve had others that will not start even after an hour of trying. Likewise I’ve had them start and then die after adding anything from 10% to 29%. Sometimes they can be restarted, sometimes they can’t. The inconsistency is mind boggling. You’d think they’d either be compatible or not, but this behaviour is just odd.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”