Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Map updates

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ChrisMc 
#1 ·
I'm sure this must be a topic somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
The I-Pace thinks I need to update my maps, so after logging on to jaguar.here.com and trying to access the maps I get sent to https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarEMEA-Site/-/-/-/ViewWebCompanion-ProductList which gives me some cookie questions and then a blank page. So I try it in Chrome as well as Edge and get the same result.
I then think 'I'll ask customer support!' and get sent to another blank page https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarEMEA-Site/-/-/-/ViewWebCompanion-HelpSupport
This shouldn't happen. It paints a picture of Jaguar not testing the products they deliver and damages the Jaguar brand.
BTW, I have updated the maps previously, which I presumed was on an earlier version of the site. I even tried to access it via jaguar.com/navigation which didn't show any map help at all.
Directly emailing the Cspace help desk gets me a 'not our problem, sunshine' message. I had rather hoped they would tell me where to go next for help, since I registered for the 'advisory board' to help Jaguar.
Any bright ideas about what to try next?

#6 ·
But there's an odd anomaly that I have noticed. I live in a new build house on a new street which didn't feature anywhere (Jag satnav, Apple maps or google maps). After the update my street now appears in my car Satnav. However it doesn't appear on Apple maps or google maps yet. But what I also noticed is that our new estate is at different stages of development on all 3 Jag systems. The car satnav is very up to date. The InControl app shows the estate before my street was added. The Route Planner App has a very old map with almost none of the estate on it. It seems weird that the route planner is different to the in-car map.

#9 ·
Goshdarnit said:
But there's an odd anomaly that I have noticed. I live in a new build house on a new street which didn't feature anywhere (Jag satnav, Apple maps or google maps). After the update my street now appears in my car Satnav. However it doesn't appear on Apple maps or google maps yet. But what I also noticed is that our new estate is at different stages of development on all 3 Jag systems. The car satnav is very up to date. The InControl app shows the estate before my street was added. The Route Planner App has a very old map with almost none of the estate on it. It seems weird that the route planner is different to the in-car map.
You can actually add roads to Here maps if you sign up to their Creator programme - I added the long drive I live down which has its own name and house numbers but isn't a proper or adopted road. It took a couple of years, but it eventually appeared on the JLR satnav maps. I know it's my submission as it precisely matches the somewhat arbitrary points I set as the turns and the end of it. Still no sign of it on Apple Maps or the JLR route planning app despite it having been here for 15 years, though Google Maps seem to have recently copied it straight from Here as it matches mine again.

#11 ·
I download the update on the same USB drive as my music is on. It would be helpful for me if there was an option to delete the Herev1 folder afterwards as now the systems keeps giving me a message that the update is done (until I think about taking the usb drive out of my car and deleting the folder on my pc)

#12 ·
Bjanssen said:
I download the update on the same USB drive as my music is on. It would be helpful for me if there was an option to delete the Herev1 folder afterwards as now the systems keeps giving me a message that the update is done (until I think about taking the usb drive out of my car and deleting the folder on my pc)
I'd get a second USB drive (64Gb) for the maps. Then you can keep the older version of the map in case the new version fails and you are left with no maps. (Rename the folder).
I keep things separate out of habit. This has saved my work life many times over the years. USB sticks are pretty cheap these days.

#13 ·
And if you get a low-profile stick for your permanent music source
Rectangle Cable Laptop accessory Gadget Electronic device

It doesn't get in the way of access, and won't get accidentally knocked (and possibly need "fixing" on your PC before the car will resume recognizing it)

Attachments

#14 ·
Terry60 said:
And if you get a low-profile stick for your permanent music source
usb.JPG
It doesn't get in the way of access, and won't get accidentally knocked (and possibly need "fixing" on your PC before the car will resume recognizing it)
That's the same as In use for both my music and map updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.