Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

SOTA

51K views 154 replies 35 participants last post by  hereu 
#1 ·
Hello Sirs,

I have had my car since early December and on no occasion has the SOTA system presented me with a software upgrade.

My car has numerous issues with the software and slow charging on 100kW capable chargers. This has a logged number with yourselves.

I am continually told by Jaguar Customer Services that my car will get its updates using the SOTA system, as is my dealer.

Can you confirm that Jaguar at their end are actually actioning SOTA updates and many cars have seen their Infotainment, Telematics and BMS Software system all updated using this feature that is sold with the car?

G
#3 ·
Just had an email from Jaguar Uk - Get ready for your first I-PACE software update

Will see what happens!!

YOUR JAGUAR I-PACE SOFTWARE UPDATE

We'll soon be releasing our first wireless software update. This update includes minor bug fixes to keep your I-PACE operating at its peak performance. By being one of the first customers to enable software updates, you can maintain and improve your car's capabilities.

#4 ·
I've just had the same one...

We'll soon be releasing our first wireless software update. This update includes minor bug fixes to keep your I-PACE operating at its peak performance. By being one of the first customers to enable software updates, you can maintain and improve your car's capabilities.

In order to receive software updates, you'll need this feature switched on in your I-PACE. If you haven't already, this can be done through the Settings Menu > Software Updates > On/Off - you'll also need to accept the terms and conditions.

Depending on your connectivity, there are two ways in which your I-PACE can receive the update:

Through Wi-Fi connectivity
If your I-PACE is already connected to Wi-Fi, it will use your connection to download the software update prior to installation.

Through your personal SIM connectivity
If your car is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will download the software through your personal SIM.

When the 'Software Update' notification appears on your screen, you have three options available:

1. Install now - this will start the download in the background followed by the installation. You can continue your journey uninterrupted.

2. Remind me later - the notification will pop up again after six hours.

3. Skip update - this will remove the notification completely. If you later decide you'd like to install the update, you'll need to do this via your settings.

Once the update has installed, you'll receive a notification at the top of your screen. Likewise, you'll also be notified if the download has failed.

You can also view how to install software updates here.

Please note, for the software update outlined above, you may receive two separate versions that require installation - the first is to prepare your car for future releases and the second is to prepare your car for this latest update. For both updates, please follow the same installation process as detailed above.

For more information regarding software updates or for general help with trouble-shooting, please click below.

#7 ·
My Caesium blue S (Chewy ;)) is due to arrive in the next few days. I'm Scotland based. Saw a lot of chatter about the SOTA updates on here. Semi worried by the fact I saw a "broken down" 19 plate ipace at the weekend.

Hopefully my car has correct software updates applied at dealer, but if not do we think I'll have the SOTA straight away? Is there anything I can do in advance to register for SOTA prior to the car arriving?

Thanks

#8 ·
I got delivery last week and I think it isn't possible to do something in advance. Hopefully the OTA updates will be delivered to the cars soon.

G
#10 ·
Fintechris,

The problem you are likely to have is that you will not want to spend hours in the handover process - You will probably just want to get driving your dream car!

However, it is really worth spending 'hours' making sure that the dealer explains everything to you, and that everything works, that all the software issues look to be the latest, and that the dealer checks and shows you their instructions from JLR regarding the set-up actions they were meant to take.

I recommend you book the collection time to be early enough in the day to give plenty of time, and warn the dealer that you want the full works in terms of introduction, and for them to show you how to do EVERYTHING.

Based on the emails owners are now receiving, I would expect that you should be able to be shown that the Over-the-Air updating has been enabled.

I booked my own collection to be at 3pm, back in chilly December, and the combination of time pressure, and my own impatience, meant that there remains lots of functionality that I barely recognise, almost three months later.

Good Luck and enjoy.

#12 ·
mjc said:
Fintechris,

The problem you are likely to have is that you will not want to spend hours in the handover process - You will probably just want to get driving your dream car!

However, it is really worth spending 'hours' making sure that the dealer explains everything to you, and that everything works, that all the software issues look to be the latest, and that the dealer checks and shows you their instructions from JLR regarding the set-up actions they were meant to take.

I recommend you book the collection time to be early enough in the day to give plenty of time, and warn the dealer that you want the full works in terms of introduction, and for them to show you how to do EVERYTHING.

Based on the emails owners are now receiving, I would expect that you should be able to be shown that the Over-the-Air updating has been enabled.

I booked my own collection to be at 3pm, back in chilly December, and the combination of time pressure, and my own impatience, meant that there remains lots of functionality that I barely recognise, almost three months later.

Good Luck and enjoy.
You are right, you can check OTA if something will be delivered over the air by JLR up to this point of time. For me personally: I have been at the dealer for 4-5 hours to get the car delivered and I asked all these questions with no proper answers except that everything is up to date according to their information and systems. It was not true. It certainly depends on the knowledge of your dealership about the I-Pace, if they don't know anything (or didn't receive any further information from JLR) it is your decision to leave the car undelivered at the dealership. That's right.

#13 ·
Just picked my car up after having the latest update installed. Version is 19A. Only driven a few km from the dealer to the office, so not quite sure what's changed. Looking at the software version screen, it looks a little bit like it has changed. There's now an option to lock from software updates, so hopefully I'm good to go from a SOTA perspective. The dealer said they had to try 3 times to install the update and had to leave it running overnight, so not sure how they're going to handle this OTA. Otherwise, I don't really see anything different.

#14 ·
Mjc,

Thank you so much for the heads up. I suspect that the supplier I'm getting it from is expecting to just hand it over to me as I'm doubtful they've had any of the ipace training - they're a Land Rover only main dealer. I'll see about getting booked in for a more full handover at jaguar if possible - that garage is part of the range group but I still don't expect them to be very receptive as they didn't get the sale.

#17 ·
ardevd said:
Hmm, so OTA updates can be installed while actually driving the vehicle?
I think they will be downloaded in the background, but not installed, perhaps. You would need a data sim with a lot more bandwidth than the one Jaguar supply. Not sure if it will work if you set your phone up as a hotspot and connect the car that way?

#18 ·
Chewy said:
ardevd said:
Hmm, so OTA updates can be installed while actually driving the vehicle?
I think they will be downloaded in the background, but not installed, perhaps. You would need a data sim with a lot more bandwidth than the one Jaguar supply. Not sure if it will work if you set your phone up as a hotspot and connect the car that way?
It should do, as the car just detects that as being connected to a WiFi network. Should work fine I think.

#21 ·
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Hopefully you will have now received correspondence regarding the first Software Update that will soon be available for I-PACE.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#22 ·
CRC@Jaguar said:
Chewy said:
Hello Sirs,

I have had my car since early December and on no occasion has the SOTA system presented me with a software upgrade.

My car has numerous issues with the software and slow charging on 100kW capable chargers. This has a logged number with yourselves.

I am continually told by Jaguar Customer Services that my car will get its updates using the SOTA system, as is my dealer.

Can you confirm that Jaguar at their end are actually actioning SOTA updates and many cars have seen their Infotainment, Telematics and BMS Software system all updated using this feature that is sold with the car?
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Hopefully you will have now received correspondence regarding the first Software Update that will soon be available for I-PACE.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Nothing Received By Me :-(

#26 ·
someone is reporting he is downloading OTA update on Jaguar Ipace UK facebook group

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.