Lancelot

Re: Another question to JLR CRC

Post by Lancelot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

HSE Corris Grey, black exterior pack, Privacy-glass, Gloss-black 20"

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Go to Jaguar.here.com

You will need to have, or set up, an account.

Login.

Click on “Maps and Services”. Enter “NO” to the three options on the small dialogue that appears if it does, unless you want to be hounded.

You will then come to a page that lets you download maps.

Click on the relevant “GET LATEST VERSION” button for your region.

It will ask to download and setup up the “download manager”. After it has completed the installation of the “download manager” nothing appears to happen and you will have a job locating the program after it is installed.

What you need to do is click the “GET LATEST VERSION” button again and this time it will fire up the download manager. You will need to put a clean, preferably formatted, 32GB USB memory stick into your PC and let it download the files to that stick. Do not remove the memory stick until the transfer is complete, this may take a considerable time depending upon your internet speed.

Once you have it, you need to go to your car and put it into either of the USB ports in the arm rest cubby hole, not the ones under the Climate Control Knobs as these are for power only.

Then turn on your car. After a short period of time it should detect the USB stick and prompt you to carry out the update. Just follow the onscreen instructions. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CAR DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS.

You can drive while it updates as it will take about 40 mins, but you will lose SatNav capability during the update. Remember NOT to get out of your car as this will turn it off (there is a way around this by putting the car into neutral and manually activating the park brake), but best to be sure.

Once the update is complete you can remove the USB memory stick. On completion, the SatNav will reboot and you should be fine.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

scm

Post by scm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Chewy wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm
It will ask to download and setup up the “download manager”. After it has completed the installation of the “download manager” nothing appears to happen and you will have a job locating the program after it is installed.
Does the "download manager" run on Linux, or is it Windoze/Mac only?

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:42 pm

I think it comes in Windows and Mac flavours.

Don’t think many commercial companies write software for Linux, market is a bit small.

Waiting for the rebukes :-)
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

scm

Post by scm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 pm

No rebukes, but it seems bizarre that downloading should require a special manager, can't they just make the files available for a standard browser download? It's not like there are standards or anything .... :roll:

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I think the problem is that the files downloaded constitute nearly 30GB of data.

They use a download manager to cope with lost connections. It remembers how much it has downloaded so it does not have to start again when reconnecting.

In addition to that I believe they encode the files somehow so you can only use them on your car.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Well, I got a reply from Jaguar about the software versions for my car so I can ensure the dealer puts the correct version on when doing the update tomorrow, unlike the last time when they put on the same old software that I already have....

“The information you require is currently available on Topix, which is available to customers as part of a subscription service.

Unfortunately without a subscription to this service I am unable to share the details of the bulletin that is in line with your latest software update.”

So I have to pay money to Jaguar to find out what software should be running in my car. This is worse than a joke!!!!

I am seriously considering moving the car on now, I really cannot he bothered with them if this is how they think customers should be treated.
Last edited by Chewy on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Chewy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Well, I got a reply from Jaguar about the software versions for my car.....

“The information you require is currently available on Topix, which is available to customers as part of a subscription service.

Unfortunately without a subscription to this service I am unable to share the details of the bulletin that is in line with your latest software update.”

So I have to pay money to Jaguar to find out what software should be running in my car. This is worse than a joke!!!!

I am seriously considering moving the car on now, I really cannot he bothered with them if this is how they think customers should be treated.
From the answer you've been given they don't appear to be updating the Online Service History with that information. I would have thought that should be the obvious place for it. You need that sort of information in the future if you sell it privately.
MY20 I-Pace SE in Firenze Red. Took delivery 25/04/19 :D

OMR

Post by OMR » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 pm

No where to select a download. When I click on the maps tab it tells me to add a car. I then go around and around in circles. What website did you download from?
Same thing happened to me after adding my vehicle (VIN).
Wasn't until the day after that the download button appeared.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”