Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Another question to JLR CRC

17K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  OMR 
#1 ·
Good morning CRC , used to be Becci , but not so sure who replies now .
In the thread/topic concerning the current situation with100KW charging there was a recent post saying that there is a new update H159-V3 which needs to be installed into our I-Paces .
This then enables OTA updates , and 100KW charging ability .
Could you please confirm if this is accurate info ,
and what do we need to do next ?
Could you also possibly advise us all how future updates etc will be made common knowledge ,
should we receive some sort of contact from JLR , or our dealers ?
thanks
Malcolm

#2 ·
Good Morning Malcolm

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that software updates are available 'over the air' which enables you to update your vehicle without having to visit a retailer.

In order to receive software updates you must first ensure that you have switched the software update on/off through the setting menu within the software updates section.

When an update is available, you will receive a pop-up within your vehicle that will inform you that you have a software update available to your vehicle. You will first receive a download pop-up, which if accepted will commence. Alternatively, you can check for a software update through the settings menu, within the software update section.

For an installation to initiate, you will have to have a mobile or WIFI connection to your vehicle.

The software update process takes place in two steps, first you must download the software onto the vehicle, and then install it. You will receive a pop-up on the in-vehicle screen when an update is available for download. Once downloaded, you will receive a second pop-up to start the installation of the software update. This will require 35mins to take place, in which the vehicle is not able to be used. Once you have accepted the installation, you will not be able to stop the process.

When the installation is complete, you will find an installation success notification within your in-vehicle screen.

I hope you have found this guide helpful, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#4 ·
CRC@Jaguar said:
malcolm said:
In the thread/topic concerning the current situation with100KW charging there was a recent post saying that there is a new update H159-V3 which needs to be installed into our I-Paces .
Could you also possibly advise us all how future updates etc will be made common knowledge ,
thanks
Malcolm
Good Morning Malcolm

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that software updates are available 'over the air' which enables you to update your vehicle without having to visit a retailer.

In order to receive software updates you must first ensure that you have switched the software update on/off through the setting menu within the software updates section.

When an update is available, you will receive a pop-up within your vehicle that will inform you that you have a software update available to your vehicle. You will first receive a download pop-up, which if accepted will commence. Alternatively, you can check for a software update through the settings menu, within the software update section.

For an installation to initiate, you will have to have a mobile or WIFI connection to your vehicle.

The software update process takes place in two steps, first you must download the software onto the vehicle, and then install it. You will receive a pop-up on the in-vehicle screen when an update is available for download. Once downloaded, you will receive a second pop-up to start the installation of the software update. This will require 35mins to take place, in which the vehicle is not able to be used. Once you have accepted the installation, you will not be able to stop the process.

When the installation is complete, you will find an installation success notification within your in-vehicle screen.

I hope you have found this guide helpful, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Very interesting. Thanks Dan.

I think we need some feedback on how we all find this process.
I have a long round trip to Heathrow and back imminently so will try once that's done.
But will be really interesting to find out how seemless new owners find this.

#6 ·
Irons1966 said:
CRC@Jaguar said:
malcolm said:
thanks
Malcolm
Good Morning Malcolm

Thank you for your post.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Very interesting. Thanks Dan.

I think we need some feedback on how we all find this process.
I have a long round trip to Heathrow and back imminently so will try once that's done.
But will be really interesting to find out how seemless new owners find this.
Hi Irons1966

Thank you for your response.

We do have guided manuals available to assist you with software updates. If you require further information I would be more than happy to assist.

If this is the case then please send me a PM with your contact details.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#7 ·
CRC@Jaguar said:
Baikar said:
Can you confirm Dan that all vehicles can update OTA and that they do or do not require an update from the dealer to enable this feature ?
Hi Baikar

Thanks for your post.

Over the air software updates are available on all vehicles that are 19MY onwards.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Maybe a silly question Dan, but mine was picked up on 1st December. How can I tell whether it's a 19MY or not? And if it isn't what do I/we do next please? &#x1f64f-1f3fc;

Thanks

#8 ·
An answer from Jaguar that doesn't provide an answer.

The majority of purchases of the I-Pace are from 2018. How is anyone other than Jaguar supposed to know if a car is MY19?

The statement says all I-Pace cars support OTA updates then goes on to say they have to be MY19.

I know my car has old software in it, delivered Dec 2018. I took the car into my local Jaguar Dealer on Dec 31st. They spent 3 hours updating the software, then I drove away with EXACTLY the same old software that I arrived with.

How do we determine what MY our cars are and if they support OTA updates?

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?

#9 ·
Irons1966 said:
CRC@Jaguar said:
Baikar said:
Can you confirm Dan that all vehicles can update OTA and that they do or do not require an update from the dealer to enable this feature ?
Hi Baikar

Thanks for your post.

Over the air software updates are available on all vehicles that are 19MY onwards.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Maybe a silly question Dan, but mine was picked up on 1st December. How can I tell whether it's a 19MY or not? And if it isn't what do I/we do next please? &#x1f64f-1f3fc;

Thanks
Itons1966 - you are too polite. This farce needs answering and sorting out. Nothing has been made clear by what Jaguar has said in this thread.

#10 ·
Irons1966 said:
CRC@Jaguar said:
Baikar said:
Hi Baikar

Thanks for your post.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Thanks
My understanding is that all cars delivered after September 1st 2018 are MY 2019

#11 ·
Chewy said:
An answer from Jaguar that doesn't provide an answer.

The majority of purchases of the I-Pace are from 2018. How is anyone other than Jaguar supposed to know if a car is MY19?

The statement says all I-Pace cars support OTA updates then goes on to say they have to be MY19.

I know my car has old software in it, delivered Dec 2018. I took the car into my local Jaguar Dealer on Dec 31st. They spent 3 hours updating the software, then I drove away with EXACTLY the same old software that I arrived with.

How do we determine what MY our cars are and if they support OTA updates?

The only advice my car has ever given me about a software update is for the SatNav Maps being out of date and then advising that I purchase a 32GByte USB memory stick and go to my computer and home internet to download a huge amount of data and then plug the USB stick into my car so it can update the maps!!!! What is the the point of OTA updates and connecting my car to my home WiFi if it is unable to use it to update its maps?
Exactly what i thought.

#14 ·
scm said:
Irons1966 said:
How can I tell whether it's a 19MY or not?
I believe, but am willing to be corrected, that the 10th digit of the VIN represents the model year - J is 2018, K is 2019.
I am too polite Chewy! It's just that I've noticed a better response from CRC to polite questions.

Mine is a 'K' so I'm guessing a 2019. Obvious really 🙄.

Come on jaguar. I know it's been a tough day, but give all us highly investing 'testers' a break and better inform us. In the long run it will pay dividends which you could badly do with!

Customer relations is still very important to future business.

#16 ·
Dan ,
thanks for the initial speedy reply and for some info .
But obviously there are more questions that need to be answered please .
Most of the contributions on this forum are from people that are blown away with the I-Pace , me included .
Please help us JLR

#17 ·
Lancelot said:
I have tried to install the update, but the car says there is no update?
have version 18C, and telematics 14.2
Same as mine :-(

"Apparently", these versions of software don't support OTA updates so must go to the dealer. Not sure if after updating to the new software that MY18 will support OTA updates as CRC at Jaguar imply that you need a MY19 for this feature.

Jaguar CRC ?

#18 ·
The way I read it is that most cars are MY19 and they will work with OTA updates when the system is enabled. The people who have had to go to the dealer for updates may be because OTA hasn't been enabled yet and those cars had issues that needed addressing.

I picked up my new car today and it has 18C

#19 ·
Chewy said:
Lancelot said:

"Apparently", these versions of software don't support OTA updates so must go to the dealer. Not sure if after updating to the new software that MY18 will support OTA updates as CRC at Jaguar imply that you need a MY19 for this feature.

Jaguar CRC ?
I got my H159 V3 update at the dealer (Not over the air..).
The copy of the JLR-email I got from the dealer stated that the update was for VIN F60755 - F68876. (and should be applied to "All cars produced before the end of october 2018")
From now on it should accept OTA-updates, and 100kw charging.

#20 ·
hereu said:
The way I read it is that most cars are MY19 and they will work with OTA updates when the system is enabled. The people who have had to go to the dealer for updates may be because OTA hasn't been enabled yet and those cars had issues that needed addressing.

18C is definitely not the latest version of the infotainment software.

Mine has OTA enabled. It it is not supported in the software version I have.

#21 ·
Chewy said:
hereu said:

I know 18C is not the latest. I asked my salesman if he could make sure the software was up to date on my car and his reply was "what software? I don't know what you mean. We have had six i-paces leave this garage and they're all fine!"
But that's just typical of my buying experience from Jaguar.

What I mean is that your car may be OTA enabled but Jaguar may not have started sending upgrades OTA yet, outside of the dealers.

#22 ·
hereu said:
Chewy said:
hereu said:

I know 18C is not the latest. I asked my salesman if he could make sure the software was up to date on my car and his reply was "what software? I don't know what you mean. We have had six i-paces leave this garage and they're all fine!"
But that's just typical of my buying experience from Jaguar.

What I mean is that your car may be OTA enabled but Jaguar may not have started sending upgrades OTA yet, outside of the dealers.
Understood. An experience we all appear to be sharing.

#23 ·
Bart said:
Chewy said:
Lancelot said:

Jaguar CRC ?
I got my H159 V3 update at the dealer (Not over the air..).
The copy of the JLR-email I got from the dealer stated that the update was for VIN F60755 - F68876. (and should be applied to "All cars produced before the end of october 2018")
From now on it should accept OTA-updates, and 100kw charging.
I have VIN F69131, does this mean that i have MY19?

#26 ·
Irons1966 said:
CRC@Jaguar said:
Baikar said:
Hi Baikar

Thanks for your post.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Thanks
Good Morning Irons1966

Thank you for your response.

The model year can be determined by the 10th character of your Vehicle Identification Number.

For example the letter [K] would identify your vehicle as being 19MY.

Information on all Identification Codes is available in the Workshop Manual for each vehicle, which is accessible to your local retailer.

Should you require any further information, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.