Ipace with spare but not air suspension.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
DaveR

Ipace with spare but not air suspension.

Post by DaveR » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi
Any chance someone from customer relations could post a pic of the boot of the Ipace that has the spare wheel specified but does not have air suspension. I believe in this configuration the wheel sits under a raised boot floor and would like to see a picture before I confirm my order.

Thanks

Dave
On order : HSE + Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack,Front Fogs, Spare wheel
Deposit Paid :13/10/2018
Build Date: 22/02/201
Caved and ammended order to add HUD and Air Suspension! Caved again and added pano roof

malcolm

Re: Ipace with spare but not air suspension.

Post by malcolm » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 am

Dave , as far as my investigation s went on that very subject before my order ,
There were 2 possible outcomes ,
Either it would go under A RAISED FLOOR IN THE BOOT , as there really is very little room under the boot floor , we looked with the dealer.
Or IT JUST SITS IN THE BOOT , there are some photos on other threads on the forum , and it does take up a lot of room !
My decision was not to bother , may get a spare at some time in the future , but until then Jag Assist on call

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Thanks Malcolm. My view is if it is loose in the boot then for me that is ok as I don't carry much stuff and will just take it out when I need space (assuming there is also the puncture kit and inflator under the floor) if it's a raised boot floor then I won't bother with it . Hence why I am trying to get a definitive answer / picture.
On order : HSE + Corris Grey, Black Pack, Cold Clmt Pack,Front Fogs, Spare wheel
Caved and ammended order to add HUD and Air Suspension! Caved again and added pano roof

Jilf

Post by Jilf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:47 pm

I am not sure of the answer regarding non-air suspension, as I do have that, but I was really annoyed at my dealer for not telling me that the spare does not fit under the car like every other vehicle I have ever owned. I bought the spare and it now lives in my garage, as I do need the boot!

There are few designed faults that I have found in this car, but that is certainly one of them. The car should have been designed with run-flat tyres and no spare, in my view.

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Jilf wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:47 pm
I am not sure of the answer regarding non-air suspension, as I do have that, but I was really annoyed at my dealer for not telling me that the spare does not fit under the car like every other vehicle I have ever owned. I bought the spare and it now lives in my garage, as I do need the boot!

There are few designed faults that I have found in this car, but that is certainly one of them. The car should have been designed with run-flat tyres and no spare, in my view.
I have a BMW 530d that was designed with run-flat tyres and no spare. Like many owners, I’ve changed my tyres to normal tyres because a) the ride is terrible b) noisy, c) tyres are way too expensive and d) the hard sidewalls break rims. I also bought myself a space-saver spare (400 Euros) which I carry around in the back when I’m not using it for anything else.

So for me the iPace with normal tyres and a space-saver option costing about 150 seems like a really good idea (of course it would have been nice for a full 5th wheel hidden away somewhere but it’s not to be....)

IMO the decision to NOT specify run-flats is a good decision from JLR, and in keeping with the fact it’s meant as a drivers car. It is a Jaguar after all.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:29 pm

@jilf When you opt for the spare wheel in the bag. Do you also get the inflation kit under the boot floor?

Would be good to know if you don't mind checking. Thanks

noddy

Post by noddy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm

I am new to this site but i bought my i pace about 4 weeks ago with the promise for the dealer they would get me the £150 spare wheel.This was a must for me to have guess what they say they can not get me one for the se i pace.I then went on to Jaguar site and built the showroom model i purchased only adding the space saver wheel and it accepted my build so my blood began to boil.I then phoned Jaguar customer service and the man told me yes you can order the car but they would take it off my order at build i said whaaaaaaaaaaat i think you will be giving me a refund i am waiting for them to ring me back i will lwrite again when i get this sorted.I have looked in the wheel well and there is a polystyrene fitting there would be room for a slim wheel.

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm

I don't know why they say you can't have the spare on any model as it is placed in a bag in the boot. The wheel they supply would be far to big to fit under the floor even without the polystyrene. I wanted the spare but in the end took it off my order as the dealer said you don't get the repair kit if you order the spare (which is daft)

noddy

Post by noddy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am

I am back to update my i pace spare wheel .I am gatting mear to a answer, all the motor trade call it a space saver wheel but not Jaguar they call it wait for it a REDUCED SECTION ALLOY SPARE WHEEL so silly me asking for the wrong thing.So i have now asked for the right thing i was told at the Oulton Park event with spring suspention it fits under the floor with a slight raised floor so that is OK . i am waiting fo a phone call.

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 pm

DaveR wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi
Any chance someone from customer relations could post a pic of the boot of the Ipace that has the spare wheel specified but does not have air suspension. I believe in this configuration the wheel sits under a raised boot floor and would like to see a picture before I confirm my order.

Thanks

Dave
Hi DaveR

Thank you for your post.

To obtain the information you desire I would advise that you visit your local retailer, and they will be able to show you where the spare wheel is situated on the I-Pace.

To locate your local retailer please use the link below.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/national-dealer-locator.html

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact me

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”