SIM card

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
funkwhiz

Re: SIM card

Post by funkwhiz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm

sciencegeek wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:49 pm
From the iPace owner's manual in the InControl Overview section, right on top:

"Several InControl® features require an internet connection. A data-enabled micro SIM is pre-installed to the vehicle. If a data-enabled micro SIM card has not been supplied, please contact a retailer/authorized repairer."
That leaves room for interpretation. Although rare, you have SIM cards with voice only (no data). The line above may suggest to the reader a data-plan should be added. I assumed the emergency calls are over voice, so incorrectly assumed to require a voice enabled SIM.
First Edition | Ordered 26-07

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 pm

sciencegeek wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:49 pm
From the iPace owner's manual in the InControl Overview section, right on top:

"Several InControl® features require an internet connection. A data-enabled micro SIM is pre-installed to the vehicle. If a data-enabled micro SIM card has not been supplied, please contact a retailer/authorized repairer."
and from the European (Dutch) manual:

“Several InControl features require an internet connection. The owner is responsible for providing a data-enabled micro SIM card.”

ie: market-specific
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

RichT

Post by RichT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:55 pm

I was told by my dealer that the recovery/emergency system uses its own embedded SIM.
It also has a back up battery in case the car 12V power has failed.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”