Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Post Reply
User avatar
Flyingwilko
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am
Location: Cambridge/UK
Contact:

Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by Flyingwilko » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm

My experience of Marshalls Jaguar of Cambridge:

I first put a deposit down on my i-pace when the prototype was first launched. I didn’t want o buy a Tesla, let alone could I afford one. The I-pace was initially rumoured to be aimed at the £50k mark and sounded really promising. I also wanted to be different and not buy a Tesla and also wanted to support a British brand.

The i-pace was officially launched around Spring 2018 if I remember correctly and I was contacted soon after by Marshalls with a delivery date of August 2018. I confirmed my order and was given a delivery date.

Although I realise delivery dates can change I had no reason to suspect it had as I had heard nothing from Marshalls to the contrary. I got the usually updates and with less than a month to go to delivery I put my existing car up for sale. With less than 2 weeks to go I sold it. Then I received an email from Marshalls with 10 days to to go delivery apologising and informing me that my car would be delayed. I later discovered that car had not even been scheduled to be built yet and was now estimating October 2018 for delivery. The then was further delayed to November 2018. While I do not blame Marshalls for the delay itself I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect them to keep they eye on delivery schedules as this information is very easily available to them as a dealer. I know this because I was latterly given access to the system myself so I could monitor the progress of my delivery. Marshalls was hardly very apologetic about the delay or the lack of communication from them and it was only after intervention from Jaguar UK themselves that I was provided a loan car until delivery of my ipace on the basis I had sold my existing car with the expectation of imminent delivery of my ipace.

Over the past 2 years I have returned the car to Marshalls 5 times for a significant fault along with other less significant faults that I will list in the technical section. Despite being repeatedly returned for the same fault Marshalls have done little to seek a remedy. Their excuses and reasoning for the fault has evolved over the last two years to a point where they are now claiming this the fault I experience is normal behaviour for the system. Their credibility is weakened by the fact that despite claiming they took the car on several long and extensive test drives to prove they cannot replicate the fault a simple look in the car’s journey history shows they basically took it round the block twice over two days.

Notwithstanding the above when my car was with them back in September to have the wheel arch liners finally replaced (after 22 months of ownership and chasing of Marshalls) the car sustained some damage to the bumper. I pointed this out to the dealer when I collected the car and they assured me they would repair it. Having waited until November 2020 for a loan car to be available I returned the car to them to be repaired along with yet another assessment of the adaptive cruise control fault. Having spent a whole day in the body shop according to the service assistant the scratch has barely been repaired and looks as if at best it has had nothing more than a polish.

Despite being assured they will fully repair the damage they caused to my car and escalate the adaptive cruise control fault I experience I have now heard nothing for over a month. I have taken the issue up with Jaguar Customer Services who have also heard little or nothing in response to their numerous emails to the dealer. I appreciate it is a busy time of year and COVID19 is not making things any easier but this is my overall experience of Marshalls. Their communication is appalling, emails and phone calls are not returned and it seems they have little regard for the customer beyond getting the initial sale of a vehicle.

Overall my experience as a customer of Marshalls is very poor and I have to say it makes my very unlikely to ever buy a car from them or Jaguar again. The damage the did to the car when it was with them smacks of a lack of care while the non-existent repair made during a “whole day in their body shop” makes it very difficult to take them seriously. While I understand Jaguar and the dealers are not one and the same from a customer perspective they sort of are with the dealer blaming Jaguar and Jaguar blaming the dealer. Whichever way round it is the net result is the same: a poor customer experience and a faulty car that never gets resolved.

188BA32B-0EB4-48CC-91AC-0B07B59E0BF5.jpeg

9BC9853B-8FBF-4860-AF58-BB96709C0F5B.jpeg

Last edited by Flyingwilko on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

Jeffrey
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:00 pm
Location: Spalding

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:32 pm

You are getting extremely boring by starting these new threads, buy a Tesla and go and annoy somebody else.
MY20 HSE 22” wheels. Santorini Black.

FENorway
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am
Location: Norge

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by FENorway » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Flyingwilko wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm
Marshalls treat me like I'm stupid
Something tells me Marshalls got you completely right.
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

EEV320
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am
Location: Germany

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by EEV320 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Can a moderator just close these threads?
I don’t see where this would be going.
He made his point. Let’s hope he has more luck with a Tesla.
Good luck.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.6 P10C1

scm
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by scm » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Flyingwilko wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm
... I can ditch the sodding thing and buy a better built car.
Guess you won't be buying a Tesla, then. :lol:

User avatar
Flyingwilko
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am
Location: Cambridge/UK
Contact:

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by Flyingwilko » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:59 pm

scm wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm
Flyingwilko wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm
... I can ditch the sodding thing and buy a better built car.
Guess you won't be buying a Tesla, then. :lol:
Haha no probably not, hardly get great reviews either!
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

CRC@Jaguar
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:07 am

Flyingwilko wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm
My experience of Marshalls Jaguar of Cambridge:

I first put a deposit down on my i-pace when the prototype was first launched. I didn’t want o buy a Tesla, let alone could I afford one. The I-pace was initially rumoured to be aimed at the £50k mark and sounded really promising. I also wanted to be different and not buy a Tesla and also wanted to support a British brand.

The i-pace was officially launched around Spring 2018 if I remember correctly and I was contacted soon after by Marshalls with a delivery date of August 2018. I confirmed my order and was given a delivery date.

Although I realise delivery dates can change I had no reason to suspect it had as I had heard nothing from Marshalls to the contrary. I got the usually updates and with less than a month to go to delivery I put my existing car up for sale. With less than 2 weeks to go I sold it. Then I received an email from Marshalls with 10 days to to go delivery apologising and informing me that my car would be delayed. I later discovered that car had not even been scheduled to be built yet and was now estimating October 2018 for delivery. The then was further delayed to November 2018. While I do not blame Marshalls for the delay itself I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect them to keep they eye on delivery schedules as this information is very easily available to them as a dealer. I know this because I was latterly given access to the system myself so I could monitor the progress of my delivery. Marshalls was hardly very apologetic about the delay or the lack of communication from them and it was only after intervention from Jaguar UK themselves that I was provided a loan car until delivery of my ipace on the basis I had sold my existing car with the expectation of imminent delivery of my ipace.

Over the past 2 years I have returned the car to Marshalls 5 times for a significant fault along with other less significant faults that I will list in the technical section. Despite being repeatedly returned for the same fault Marshalls have done little to seek a remedy. Their excuses and reasoning for the fault has evolved over the last two years to a point where they are now claiming this the fault I experience is normal behaviour for the system. Their credibility is weakened by the fact that despite claiming they took the car on several long and extensive test drives to prove they cannot replicate the fault a simple look in the car’s journey history shows they basically took it round the block twice over two days.

Notwithstanding the above when my car was with them back in September to have the wheel arch liners finally replaced (after 22 months of ownership and chasing of Marshalls) the car sustained some damage to the bumper. I pointed this out to the dealer when I collected the car and they assured me they would repair it. Having waited until November 2020 for a loan car to be available I returned the car to them to be repaired along with yet another assessment of the adaptive cruise control fault. Having spent a whole day in the body shop according to the service assistant the scratch has barely been repaired and looks as if at best it has had nothing more than a polish.

Despite being assured they will fully repair the damage they caused to my car and escalate the adaptive cruise control fault I experience I have now heard nothing for over a month. I have taken the issue up with Jaguar Customer Services who have also heard little or nothing in response to their numerous emails to the dealer. I appreciate it is a busy time of year and COVID19 is not making things any easier but this is my overall experience of Marshalls. Their communication is appalling, emails and phone calls are not returned and it seems they have little regard for the customer beyond getting the initial sale of a vehicle.

Overall my experience as a customer of Marshalls is very poor and I have to say it makes my very unlikely to ever buy a car from them or Jaguar again. The damage the did to the car when it was with them smacks of a lack of care while the non-existent repair made during a “whole day in their body shop” makes it very difficult to take them seriously. While I understand Jaguar and the dealers are not one and the same from a customer perspective they sort of are with the dealer blaming Jaguar and Jaguar blaming the dealer. Whichever way round it is the net result is the same: a poor customer experience and a faulty car that never gets resolved.
Good morning Flyingwilko

Thank you for your post, and your patience in waiting for a response.

Please may I request that you send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number, and I will be sure to escalate your query within the Customer Experience Centre.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

User avatar
Flyingwilko
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am
Location: Cambridge/UK
Contact:

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by Flyingwilko » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:25 pm

Thank you for your message. I have replied to you privately with the vehicle details. Thedealer is Marshall’s of Cambridge. To confirm my main issue:
1. The adaptive cruise control does not work in wet weather. Not just heavy rain or snow, which is understandable but in any kind of rain. It drops out the the warning “Radar Sensor Blocked”. It has been back to the dealer 5 times and I just get fobbed off. I have had 4 other JLR cars as courtesy vehicles, including an I-PACE, with the same adaptive cruise control system and none of these have had the same issue when driving in exactly the same conditions.

I did have an open case with Jaguar UK and the case number was ****** however I was informed today that the case is being closed with Jaguar UK not the dealer willing to do or investigate any further.

It has been confirmed to me that the I-pace loan car I had last time my car was with the dealer is identical to my car including the ACC system. I drove this car in very heavy rain with the ACC engaged for 90 minutes total (45 minutes each direction) on dual carriageway. Conditions which would have caused the fault to occur on my car within 10 minutes of driving and the fault did. It occur.

Having also raised the issue on the Jaguar I-PACE owners forum there are no owners reporting the issue occurring as mine does. Furthermore the dealer confirmed that they nor any other dealers have had other customer experience the same issue.

Despite all of this evidence I have been told there is nothing more Jaguar or the dealer is willing to do. The final statement is that this error can occur in heavy rain or snow yet these are not the only conditions I experience the fault with mine occurring in even light rain or just a wet road. Given the fact I have a direct comparison with an identical car I am not willing to accept this. Either way I have an I-PACE that does not perform as advertised or in the same way as identical cars. I informed the dealer within the first 30 days of the error and didn’t reject the car, as was my right, because I was assured this would be rectified. It hasn’t been and now I am left with a car that very much feels like a fundamentally flawed car.

Given the fact Jaguar bill this car as a “premium EV” my experience is anything but. The car cost £73k and I am astounded at the quality of the product and customer service and that Jaguar are happy to walk away from a customer like this.
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

CRC@Jaguar
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:50 am

Flyingwilko wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:25 pm
Thank you for your message. I have replied to you privately with the vehicle details. Thedealer is Marshall’s of Cambridge. To confirm my main issue:
1. The adaptive cruise control does not work in wet weather. Not just heavy rain or snow, which is understandable but in any kind of rain. It drops out the the warning “Radar Sensor Blocked”. It has been back to the dealer 5 times and I just get fobbed off. I have had 4 other JLR cars as courtesy vehicles, including an I-PACE, with the same adaptive cruise control system and none of these have had the same issue when driving in exactly the same conditions.

I did have an open case with Jaguar UK and the case number was ****** however I was informed today that the case is being closed with Jaguar UK not the dealer willing to do or investigate any further.

It has been confirmed to me that the I-pace loan car I had last time my car was with the dealer is identical to my car including the ACC system. I drove this car in very heavy rain with the ACC engaged for 90 minutes total (45 minutes each direction) on dual carriageway. Conditions which would have caused the fault to occur on my car within 10 minutes of driving and the fault did. It occur.

Having also raised the issue on the Jaguar I-PACE owners forum there are no owners reporting the issue occurring as mine does. Furthermore the dealer confirmed that they nor any other dealers have had other customer experience the same issue.

Despite all of this evidence I have been told there is nothing more Jaguar or the dealer is willing to do. The final statement is that this error can occur in heavy rain or snow yet these are not the only conditions I experience the fault with mine occurring in even light rain or just a wet road. Given the fact I have a direct comparison with an identical car I am not willing to accept this. Either way I have an I-PACE that does not perform as advertised or in the same way as identical cars. I informed the dealer within the first 30 days of the error and didn’t reject the car, as was my right, because I was assured this would be rectified. It hasn’t been and now I am left with a car that very much feels like a fundamentally flawed car.

Given the fact Jaguar bill this car as a “premium EV” my experience is anything but. The car cost £73k and I am astounded at the quality of the product and customer service and that Jaguar are happy to walk away from a customer like this.
Good morning Flyingwilko,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that I have not yet received a PM from yourself providing your details. Please ensure that you contact me via PM and I would be more than happy to investigate further.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

User avatar
Flyingwilko
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am
Location: Cambridge/UK
Contact:

Re: Marshall Jaguar Cambridge - AVOID!

Post by Flyingwilko » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi Dan

I replied to you on Twitter. Did you not receive?
2018 Ipace HSE - Numerous faults since delivery, wish I'd never bought it. Trying to get Jaguar to fix it properly. Follow me on Twitter @faultyipace and instagram @faultyjaguaripace to find out more.

Post Reply