Automatic Parking?

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Delta5

Re: Automatic Parking?

Post by Delta5 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Al's Ipace wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 am
I have it in my Ipace....it's a bit intermittent but sort of works......
It sits next to me and has blonde hair 🤣🤣😍
My brunette parking aid is actually quite good! LOL

Seriously, does OTA mean we are data linked - can they download driving data remotely, plugged in at the dealer they quite likely can. The 360 cameras and sensors are quite good for parking and I would not welcome the car steering for me, in the same way I don’t like lane keeping steering, especially emergency steering pushing into the center of a narrow road.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

Fluff

Post by Fluff » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:10 pm

There maybe some method of anonymity, but I'm not a big believer in those sort of statements.

You have an SOS button, maybe someone else can comment, pretty sure the spec of european SOS includes some automatic functions, like airbag operation?

Also the newer sat nav systems take data from cars, how do you think your latest sat nav knows exactly where a que of traffic is?
I-Pace SE 2019[Everything BLACK] Santorini,Pano, 20' BLACK,winter pack, adap cruise.

SmartMarc

Post by SmartMarc » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:33 am

Hello Fizz, hello all. I also noticed on my 2021 I-Pace HSE that there was no park assist.

My feeling is that the Jaguar R&D team put in priority the development of the 360 degre view (that I don't find so useful by the way), rather than maintaining the park assist capability on the new model. The rational might be that it's more important to provide accurate information to the driver so that he/she can manage the parking ok, than providing an algorithm that would reject most parking places because of the necessary margin it keeps. I'm also thinking that the capability could show up in a future software update.

:)