DC charging speed sudden drop

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Delta5

Re: DC charging speed sudden drop

Post by Delta5 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

It’s interesting that the temperature of the conductors has been raised even 100 amps is a lot of current to put through an easily attached plug like CCC. Any wear, contamination or poor material will cause overheating and eventually burning out, the Porsche is less susceptible because it uses 800v, so in theory can charge twice as fast with the same conductor
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior promised for May or June or July or ———-

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 pm
urbanipace wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 am
this is quite an amazing and disturbing admission by JLR - that it can only be ultra-rapid charged under ideal conditions. This is an issue which needs to raised in the press in order to get JLR to address the issue. I expect that when a bunch of iPace owners head on holiday this summer there will be a storm of complaints about the slow en-route charging affecting the journeys. I have already had this issue twice at BP Ultrafast chargers.
This is not exclusive to I-Pace. It’s pretty normal behaviour for EVs, just down to basic battery chemistry. As a great man once said, “ye cannae change the laws o physics”.
Both my brother and sister have e-trons. Their cars delivers the promised 150kw time after time. Consistent over a broad SOC-range and without any trick. Yes it sometimes need some minutes ramping up in the cold, but they are totally in another league.
From 10-90% they need roughly half of timr time charging compared to the Jaguar.
Not to mention the Taycan and the Model 3...

And BTW. Is it OK that Jaguar don't deliver just because any other doesn't?
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 pm
urbanipace wrote:
this is quite an amazing and disturbing admission by JLR - that it can only be ultra-rapid charged under ideal conditions. This is an issue which needs to raised in the press in order to get JLR to address the issue. I expect that when a bunch of iPace owners head on holiday this summer there will be a storm of complaints about the slow en-route charging affecting the journeys. I have already had this issue twice at BP Ultrafast chargers.
This is not exclusive to I-Pace. It’s pretty normal behaviour for EVs, just down to basic battery chemistry. As a great man once said, “ye cannae change the laws o physics”.
"She'll no hold together much longer, Captain."
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345.
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

JJipace

Post by JJipace » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:35 pm

urbanipace wrote:
Hi, whats your ipace model? How long have you had it? I see you are in Oxford, close to me. I'd be really interested to hear your owner experiance. Mine hasn't arrived yet.

Love to see a picture of yours.
No Ipace yet.

urbanipace

Post by urbanipace » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:20 am

Hiya,

I have a an SE with the panoroof, on Corris Grey with Ivory Interior. its been with me since last September and I love it. The charging network is a bit of frustration but the its the best handling EV unless you can afford a Taycan. I bought mine from Marshalls at Milton Gate who as good as most car dealers, so not much to recommend but they do the job. I have had no problems at all and the car seems well built, range is 200 miles in normal driving. it need to be driven very carefully to exceed that.