Avoid the I-Pace!

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
CRC@Jaguar

Re: Avoid the I-Pace!

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 am

lairblock@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 am
OMG I wanted to like this car, but it has been a disaster. Laggy technology, idiots in the service department, slow charging, poor range, bad visibility, and the brakes...squeak, squeak, squeak...all called "normal" by Jaguar Tech service. Listen at www.jaguaripaceproblems.com to hear this unmitigated disaster. Dealer offered 50% of MSRP to buy the car back. Nobody wants this car on the secondary market.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply concerned to learn of your comments. Should you require any assistance from the Customer Experience Centre in regards to your concerns then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Lobster wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:20 pm
The OP has posted a useful mod in another thread. The title is polarising, but the writer may be frustrated by persisting noises spoiling the ambiance of the I-Pace experience.

I prefer to drive my I-Pace with the audio system off, as I appreciate the quietness interspersed by the faint whine of the motors :geek:
Your post made me realise that I now drive quite often without the audio system on. I remember needing a car radio back in the 1960's mainly to hide all of the various noises and I had got used to having the radio on for all those years but now the relative silence is surprisingly relaxing!
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

patkinson1966

Post by patkinson1966 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm

I couldn’t disagree more; the car slips through the air like a warm knife through butter...

It’s smooth, quiet, luxurious and it corners like it’s on rails; it’s an incredible drive.

Unless you want timed charging to stop at a specified level of charge, the car’s perfect!

Would like to hear more about your issues but for me this car is the drive of your life. Even if someone else has owned that statement.
Corris Grey First Edition.

Rob the EV convert

Post by Rob the EV convert » Mon May 11, 2020 2:18 am

Got my HSE in November after nearly buying a 2020 Porsche Macan S. Was due to go sign all the paperwork on a Wednesday and pick up the car. Took a day off work and got a call from the dealership...salesman on annual leave but he really wanted to close the deal having tried to convince me for 12 months. With a day to kill set out for B&Q and passed the local JLR dealership. Remembered my Porsche salesman saying never go for any JLR as they're unreliable. I went in to look at the F Pace (I know right!) and set eyes on the this electric marvel. Went on a test drive and well, even after all the research and complaints about braking, infotaintment, dealers not knowing much about the car....here we are.

Now lockdown period has been interesting. Every now and again I come across a Macan review, hear the sound of that V6 and sometimes think...if only the salesman wasn't on leave. Then I take a trip to the supermarket and remember why I bought my I-pace. Comfortable, quiet, economic (charge in comparison to petrol), ease of charging at home (haven't charged in 4 weeks). My insurance policy was to only take a 3 year deal, just in case.

Unimpressed by the simplicity of a Tesla, e-Tron and EQC can't match I-pace range. In 30 months I seriously wonder if any real competition for the i-Pace will emerge!

Sorry long story short i-Pace is unavoidable :)

fa147

Post by fa147 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:22 am

Rob the EV convert wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:18 am
Got my HSE in November after nearly buying a 2020 Porsche Macan S. Was due to go sign all the paperwork on a Wednesday and pick up the car. Took a day off work and got a call from the dealership...salesman on annual leave but he really wanted to close the deal having tried to convince me for 12 months. With a day to kill set out for B&Q and passed the local JLR dealership. Remembered my Porsche salesman saying never go for any JLR as they're unreliable. I went in to look at the F Pace (I know right!) and set eyes on the this electric marvel. Went on a test drive and well, even after all the research and complaints about braking, infotaintment, dealers not knowing much about the car....here we are.

Now lockdown period has been interesting. Every now and again I come across a Macan review, hear the sound of that V6 and sometimes think...if only the salesman wasn't on leave. Then I take a trip to the supermarket and remember why I bought my I-pace. Comfortable, quiet, economic (charge in comparison to petrol), ease of charging at home (haven't charged in 4 weeks). My insurance policy was to only take a 3 year deal, just in case.

Unimpressed by the simplicity of a Tesla, e-Tron and EQC can't match I-pace range. In 30 months I seriously wonder if any real competition for the i-Pace will emerge!

:thumbsup:
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0106.0154
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Mon May 11, 2020 9:02 am

Rob the EV convert wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:18 am

Originally I test drove the F Pace and the I Pace on the same day, hated the F Pace, was like driving an old tractor, the 3 litre version was better, but compared to the I Pace was still slow. Once you try the I Pace that spoils the competition for you, there is no going back IMO. My first EV and could not have made a better choice as far as I am concerned.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

epirali

Post by epirali » Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 pm

I have to chime in and say I have none of those things. My car has been great (and I’ve had a lot of EV and non EV cars) and my service department has been first rate.

scm

Post by scm » Wed May 13, 2020 3:07 pm

epirali wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 pm
I have to chime in and say I have none of those things. My car has been great (and I’ve had a lot of EV and non EV cars) and my service department has been first rate.
Yeah, always best to take a lone person's extreme advice with a deal of caution. ;)