SOTA email

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
SammyD

Re: SOTA email

Post by SammyD » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Chewy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Your SOTA update will merely be to the latest 19A software that fixes absolutely nothing, and if you have come from 18C or 18D you will find your Creep function gets forgotten now :-(
That might be the case but I was merely reporting that I had managed to get an OTA release when the system was supposed to be down.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 pm

SammyD wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 pm
Chewy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Your SOTA update will merely be to the latest 19A software that fixes absolutely nothing, and if you have come from 18C or 18D you will find your Creep function gets forgotten now :-(
That might be the case but I was merely reporting that I had managed to get an OTA release when the system was supposed to be down.
Ah..... point taken :-)
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, H228

qqiao

Post by qqiao » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:17 pm

SammyD wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:31 pm
fa147 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 pm
Hopefully this might help some...
I have a 2020 I-Pace which I took delivery on the 15th July. Loveing it thus far apart from the minor issues of creep, profiles, and slow display. I know that there are software updates and have had heated conversation with my dealer about enabling them.
After a fair few phones calls, dropping round there and getting a-hold of the service manager, he told me that the Jaguar system was down; and this was on Monday. Today I called them again and got the same message and just thought they are fibbing, so I contacted Jaguar customer service and raised fuss about the service I was getting...
Long story short they spoke with their tech team and confirmed that the Software Update servers are currently down and vehicles are not able to get any updates over the air. Normal USB updates are fine, but OTA is not working.
The service has been down since Friday of last week, but they hope to have it working early next week...
It would be interesting to see once it starts working and if anyone is able to get updates, or has in the past week.
Interesting. I got my SOTA update about the time you posted this.
At this point I'm not sure if you should take what you hear from Jags customer services seriously.

There have been so many reports of Jags in trouble, and you can see why...
2019 IPace FE. Corris grey exterior. Oyster white interior.
S19A_19.24.2-375121/14.2

ghost

Post by ghost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 pm

People say that there is a fix for the non functioning charge stop function in the app at least. I'm kind of looking forward to that. I'm still on 18C/14.2 and the only really annoying bit (beside the missing charge stop) is the lagging reverse camera.

Beside that my car has been more or less flawless.

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am

Chewy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:00 pm
fa147 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 pm
Hopefully this might help some...
I have a 2020 I-Pace which I took delivery on the 15th July. Loveing it thus far apart from the minor issues of creep, profiles, and slow display. I know that there are software updates and have had heated conversation with my dealer about enabling them.
After a fair few phones calls, dropping round there and getting a-hold of the service manager, he told me that the Jaguar system was down; and this was on Monday. Today I called them again and got the same message and just thought they are fibbing, so I contacted Jaguar customer service and raised fuss about the service I was getting...
Long story short they spoke with their tech team and confirmed that the Software Update servers are currently down and vehicles are not able to get any updates over the air. Normal USB updates are fine, but OTA is not working.
The service has been down since Friday of last week, but they hope to have it working early next week...
It would be interesting to see once it starts working and if anyone is able to get updates, or has in the past week.
This is typical of what we expect from Jaguar.

No answer from crc@jaguar to explain what is going on.

They have our email addresses, why not just email us and explain the situation?

It is the total lack of communication coming out of Jaguar that is the biggest problem. We can all put up with issues with the car if they would at least let us know what is happening.

What is the delay in fixing the Creep issue?

If Tesla has such a serious issue with their software it would be fixed, possibly the same day it was reported, and OTA to all.
Yes exactly, when was the last time anyone actually received a response from CRC. Looks like I’m going to have to go back to doing it the official way and complain to Jaguar directly.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Has anyone been able to perform a upgrade OTA since Friday?

Jaguar customer service was suppose to call me to confirm if the problem with their servers were fixed, but I haven't heard anything back. Just wanted to know if anyone else was able to get an update or if there has been an update blackout for the past 4 days or so?
I-Pace 2020 HSE, corris grey, ebony/ebony interior, 20” grey and diamond turned, panoramic roof
IMC: S19A_19.11.4-330884 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.98.153

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm

fa147 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Jaguar customer service was suppose to call me to confirm if the problem with their servers were fixed, but I haven't heard anything back. Just wanted to know if anyone else was able to get an update or if there has been an update blackout for the past 4 days or so?
I have not had a SOTA update in 8 months of ownership. Not holding my breath for this one either.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, H228

ricardon

Post by ricardon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:19 am

fa147 wrote:

I've received a SOTA update yesterday. Updated my Incrontrol Touch Pro to version 19A_19.24.
I-Pace HSE - Santorini Black - Tan Performance Interior - Black Exterior Pack - Pano roof - 20 inch - MY2020. Home country: BE. Delivery April 2019 - 19A_19.24 and 15.2.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 pm

ricardon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:19 am
fa147 wrote:

I've received a SOTA update yesterday. Updated my Incrontrol Touch Pro to version 19A_19.24.
Can you please upload a picture of the InControl version?

I been on conversation with JLR customer services and my dealer and I’m at the point of snapping with them now.
Thanks
I-Pace 2020 HSE, corris grey, ebony/ebony interior, 20” grey and diamond turned, panoramic roof
IMC: S19A_19.11.4-330884 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.98.153

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:50 pm

fa147 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Can you please upload a picture of the InControl version?

I been on conversation with JLR customer services and my dealer and I’m at the point of snapping with them now.
Thanks
While I had one update, the InControl part didn't get an update. Ok, so I've not looked since the H228 work was done but I think it will be along soon.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”