Screens frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
jason.birchall

Re: Screens frozen

Post by jason.birchall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 am

elbocko wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:23 pm
Just to tie two threads together viewtopic.php?f=11&t=977&start=20#p16072 , it started with the App going into a chaotic reporting state until it ended up reporting the wrong position, no range, Odometer wrong, doors opened and unlocked; the only correct item was the temperature. Then this morning BSOD again having been in for two days about a week ago. The vehicle has only done 650 miles. Ignition off, locked car waited 10 minutes. No response. Press call button for 15 seconds, no response. Drove to dealership the long way (25 minutes) no change so dumped it with them, they said I should phone Jaguar Assist. Called Jaguar Assist told them I was in the Dealership. They told me to tell dealership to phone Jaguar assist. They did, Jaguar knew nothing about it???. Eventually, after speaking with two different Service Techs and using their phone to talk to Jaguar Assist who strangely asked me what I wanted (like a fixed car) dealership kept car and drove me home. They will look at it tomorrow.
Chap at Jaguar Assist asked me if the car was a hybrid..... 😂😂😂
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black 20 inch wheels, black pack.
Looks and drives great, but is really unreliable.

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:58 pm

This basically sums up the lack of training within JLR. When I took my previous Jaguar XE in for a service the advisor told me it was a diesel because it’s engine was a 2.0 Gtdi 🙄 according to his screen. I had to explain to him that it stood for gasoline turbo direct injection.

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm

ElBocko- Just curious, are you using the Smart Settings at all?

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 pm

My screens decided to lock up again today. Bit different to what I have seen before.

4D161FE3-5C95-49F9-9299-6DF6D64898B9.jpeg

None of the buttons did anything and the radio was stuck on.

Leaving the car powered down for an hour and it recovered itself.

I had a similar thing yesterday but the system still worked, just took about 10 seconds to respond to any input and the SatNav and Phone Interface stopped working completely.

BAB6BBBC-3D71-4C5A-8F60-A03755674343.jpeg

Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

malakai wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Not sure what you mean by Smart Settings, sorry. I have created my own home screen and set up my own icon, but Smart Settings I am not sure.

Further to my last comment, I wasn't clear about what Smart Settings are, so went and looked. Yes, I do have my own specification set up to an icon but as I am the only driver there isn't a frequent change in my settings. It is not tied to my key. I do use a USB 32GB USB drive to hold music for the car. In the XF Sportback I have while they are fixing Zero, I have noticed it gets very hot and I am wondering if there is an issue if a USB stick is left plugged in.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19

malakai

Post by malakai » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

elbocko wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am
malakai wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Further to my last comment, I wasn't clear about what Smart Settings are, so went and looked. Yes, I do have my own specification set up to an icon but as I am the only driver there isn't a frequent change in my settings. It is not tied to my key.
Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks. I'm still not using that feature until I hear some news about the Blank Screens Of Death being fixed, since it seemed to be a contributor to boot-time race conditions and the preferences not always being applied correctly.

Simonmac

Post by Simonmac » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 pm

Not sure how this adds to the debate as it may cause more confusion than not! Having had my car delivered from the lease company back in November with S18C and 14.2 software versions I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed as never had any major issues. Sure - plenty of annoying things like preferred charging not working, delay in the rear camera, WiFi not sticking, smart profiles hardly ever working, icontrol remote being useless etc, etc, but that seemed like small fry compared to the BSOD.

So it was with some surprise that after nearly 5 months and 4500 miles, today I got the frozen screens. It seemed to start with the incontrol remote failing to connect the last 2 days even just to show range and SoC, then today I got back to the car after lunch and the radio was playing loud with the car locked and off! Got in and started the car up and black screens on the two centre ones. Left the car relocated and off again for 2 hours, then tried for an hour with all the tips from the the forums to get the screens back (like using the jaguar assist button reset thing) but no joy. Finally called Jaguar assist and they are sending an engineer tomorrow. 🤞

Also laid out the litany of issues in a long email to my Lease company and Jaguar Customer Relations and requiring some fixes! We will see what happens but just a warning tale I suppose that even after so long with no issues the software I have at least can still go wrong any time!

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Jaguar assist temporarily sorted mine with a reboot.
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black 20 inch wheels, black pack.
Looks and drives great, but is really unreliable.

R32Paul

Post by R32Paul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:45 pm

I see on topix that there was a posting on Monday under 'new content to view'. Anyone who has a subscription care to look at it. I can't....

'SSM74339 - X590 I-Pace, Upper and lower screen blank / black (IDMA and SICP)'.
Last edited by R32Paul on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bog standard White I-Pace S ordered 24/09/18, delivered 29/03/19.

Simonmac

Post by Simonmac » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 pm

jason.birchall wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Jaguar assist temporarily sorted mine with a reboot.
Yep, Jag Assist came out to my car, did a reboot of vehicle and all running again.

Return to “Faults & Technical”