Re: Screens frozen

Post by Chewy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 am

Snoerd wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:43 am
Chewy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 am
d111112 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

Complained about charging rates, too. on 175kw hyper chargers the car just charges with 40 kw and not more. On a 200 amp restricted hypercharger it should be at least ~80kw for some parts of the charging curve (below 50% SOC).
In the UK, we have one, yes one, 100kW Charger.

I used it for the first time yesterday and got 64kW Charging from it.

F565E7B1-68D1-45DA-88A4-C4D595DA71B0.jpeg

Not as advertised, but in the UK anything more that 50kW is a bonus.
I recognize that charger! I got slightly better results from a similar charger in NL. But still for below the 100kw unfortunately.
Maybe the reduced speed was caused by the temperature? Björn explained it as cold gating for the Jaguar. It was around 4 degrees C when I tried to charge, but that was after a 200km drive, so I hoped the battery was warmed up sufficiently to accept at least 200A/80kW charge.

Snellader.png
I had just driven 182 miles to get to the charger without stopping. As can be seen the car was on 33% SOC when I started charging, the ambient was 10degC. I don’t think the lower than expected charge rate was temperature related. But it may have been. Maybe the charger itself was cold and doesn’t deliver the asked for power?

Sorry, drifted away from frozen screens.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

scm

Post by scm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 am

Chewy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 am
... Maybe the charger itself was cold and doesn’t deliver the asked for power?

And on to frozen chargers? ;)

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:35 am

scm wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 am
Chewy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 am
... Maybe the charger itself was cold and doesn’t deliver the asked for power?

And on to frozen chargers? ;)
:D
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

FIrstEdition

Post by FIrstEdition » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:30 am

RichT wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:55 pm
Hi FirstEdition

I mentioned this way back at the start of this thread - when my SE screens went blank
my dealer just performed some form of s/w reset from their diagnostic laptop and they came back to life.
It only took 5 minutes while I was waiting.
This happened again a few weeks later. Later again the dealer performed a some form of update but the
resets were adequate to keep the car fully usable in the meantime.

Hi, I mentioned this to my dealer on the first crash. They said the diagnostic link was unreliable and they needed the car for two days minimum to reset it. I actually sent a direct link to your post to them, but they were not interested.....

If any has had a quick turnaround of a reset recently , I would be interested to know the dealer. If I can get there I would be happy (well not really) to pay.....

FIrstEdition

Post by FIrstEdition » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:14 pm

I've had an update from Jaguar directly …

The software fix is now available! I was told (yesterday) my dealer would contact me to arrange for the software to be installed...

This suggests it isn't an over the air update. But I haven't heard from my dealer.

Anyone had the update installed OTA or by the dealer yet?

RichT

Post by RichT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi FirstEdition,

My dealer is Grange Jaguar in Welwyn, Herts. They are always really helpful.

After the resets performed last year at New Year they applied the magic sequence of updates to fix the 'blank' screen issue
which has been fine since.
I believe others have had the same sequence applied but I don't know whether it has since been superseded by newer updates.
For the record the car was on S18D/14.1 when I got it back.

d111112

Post by d111112 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 pm

FIrstEdition wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:14 pm
I've had an update from Jaguar directly …

The software fix is now available! I was told (yesterday) my dealer would contact me to arrange for the software to be installed...

This suggests it isn't an over the air update. But I haven't heard from my dealer.

Anyone had the update installed OTA or by the dealer yet?
Hi FirstEdition,

I got BSOD on 3rd day of ownership. Dealer did the update last week (several modules) - new SW version according to the Softwareupdate screen in the car:
InControl TouchPro software Version: S19A_19.07.2-312706
Telematics: 14.2

It seems that it is much more stable since updating.

Hope that helps...
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, air susp, 18“/20“, 02/2019
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 || Telematics: 14.2
... :arrow: Didi

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Just to tie two threads together viewtopic.php?f=11&t=977&start=20#p16072 , it started with the App going into a chaotic reporting state until it ended up reporting the wrong position, no range, Odometer wrong, doors opened and unlocked; the only correct item was the temperature. Then this morning BSOD again having been in for two days about a week ago. The vehicle has only done 650 miles. Ignition off, locked car waited 10 minutes. No response. Press call button for 15 seconds, no response. Drove to dealership the long way (25 minutes) no change so dumped it with them, they said I should phone Jaguar Assist. Called Jaguar Assist told them I was in the Dealership. They told me to tell dealership to phone Jaguar assist. They did, Jaguar knew nothing about it???. Eventually, after speaking with two different Service Techs and using their phone to talk to Jaguar Assist who strangely asked me what I wanted (like a fixed car) dealership kept car and drove me home. They will look at it tomorrow.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:09 pm

E 2ERO is now back. The dealer reported that the OTA update software to improve the OTA update process failed and caused the BSOD on the Multimedia panels. Version 19A has been installed and I have re-enabled the OTA process. So we will see how long this lasts.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am

Apparently it lasted about 14 hours. This morning after the software update by the dealer, BSOD again, so call out Jaguar assistance again.

Update: Jaguar Assist Engineer re-installed S19A. He had wanted to revert but was unable to do so. He spent an hour and a half and I have the same S19A that had just failed. We will have to see. During conversation he suggested that OTA might fail if, during the process, the battery voltage drops slightly for any reason. I am now trying with Software updates locked and Updates switched off to see if I can manage to get a working vehicle for more than a couple of days. If voltage is critical, then maybe updates should only be allowed with the vehicle 'on charge' and with the drive battery charging the 12 volt battery. Who knows? .

20190315_124847.jpg

The statement that "updates keep the vehicle performing at its best" may not be true. :D
Also discovered that this reset had removed all settings, vehicle was displaying all default values and the Route Planning App had lost connection and was reporting the vehicle at the dealership; the InControl App meanwhile was reporting correctly.

Update 2 - 16 Mar 2019
I have been ICE'd. This morning going out to Worthing and again BSOD on the Centre and lower screens. Contacted Jaguar Assist. They agreed to send out an engineer (same one as yesterday they stated). Then I received a call from Jaguar Mobility who told me that when the Engineer had re-enabled the software, I should take the vehicle to my dealer and they would provide a replacement. After an hour of waiting I contacted Jaguar Assist who told me an engineer was en route. After another hour and a half, I was then getting concerned that my dealer service department was going to close soon. I called the dealership who reportedly knew nothing about it but if Jaguar Mobility did deliver a vehicle then sales would hold on to the keys if their service department was closed. Called Jaguar Assistance to find that the call had been closed and the engineer cancelled. No one had informed me. "Could I take the car to the dealer?". This I then did (still with no centre or lower displays). On arrival, dealer still knew nothing. Waited for 20 minutes and then I was given an XF estate, very nice but not nearly in an I-Pace class. So off to Worthing (very late) and having to look at fuel prices again. Heigh Ho. It will be very nice when my car has working software. The Outlander PHEV was a little agricultural but at least the software worked.
Last edited by elbocko on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red

Return to “Faults & Technical”