Screens frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
R32Paul

Re: Screens frozen

Post by R32Paul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Would a rejection letter as it ‘is not of merchantable quality’ focus their mind.

Pretty disgraceful in my opinion. Mine is on a lease and if this happens to me I shan’t be making lease payments.

Also have you tried twitter? As there is a lot of car of the year coverage. I would imagine if you posted #European Car of the Year, you might get a rapid response from jag customer services.
Bog standard White I-Pace S ordered 24/09/18, delivered 29/03/19.

ejbritto

Post by ejbritto » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 pm

In the first month or so my car was at the dealership for 21 days and I had it for only 12 days. My dealer made sure I was reimbursed for the months finance charge paid to my bank. He recovered it from JLR North America.
That's a no brainer -- Make sure you do not pay for your lease.

Bart

Post by Bart » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:08 pm

FIrstEdition wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm
I think this has been covered in other posts. But I thought I would give the feedback from today...

I have spoken to my dealer and JLR this morning.

The feedback from my dealer is that
  • There is a fix in progress.
  • This is not expected to be ready until mid-march..
  • There is no interim/temporary fix, the dealer can do nothing to restore them.... Ie my screens will remain blank for a few weeks unless it resets by itself again. (Is this true?)
  • They are sorry... :shock:
The feedback from JLR was
  • Your car is not in our system
  • There is no record of your previous call
  • They are aware there is a problem.
  • My dealer should have been keeping me up to date
  • They are sorry... :shock:
Ok, so my dealer and JLR are both sorry...

And I have a car where
  • The phone doesn't work...
  • The heating doesn't work...
  • The satnav doesn't work...
  • The cameras don't work...
  • The remote services don't work...
  • The radio/music system doesn't work...
So I guess I am sorry too :( .... But to be clear, if that all worked I would be happy! :D
You allready tried the > 10-second-press on the (left?) button on the ceiling? (can't find in this thread that you tried)
I also experienced the black screens, and the above routine did solve it.

FIrstEdition

Post by FIrstEdition » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:16 pm

You allready tried the > 10-second-press on the (left?) button on the ceiling? (can't find in this thread that you tried)
I also experienced the black screens, and the above routine did solve it.
Thanks, I have tried it, but it’s not had any apparent effect :cry:

RichT

Post by RichT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi FirstEdition

I mentioned this way back at the start of this thread - when my SE screens went blank
my dealer just performed some form of s/w reset from their diagnostic laptop and they came back to life.
It only took 5 minutes while I was waiting.
This happened again a few weeks later. Later again the dealer performed a some form of update but the
resets were adequate to keep the car fully usable in the meantime.

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 pm

FIrstEdition wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm

The feedback from my dealer is that
  • There is a fix in progress.
  • This is not expected to be ready until mid-march..
  • There is no interim/temporary fix, the dealer can do nothing to restore them.... Ie my screens will remain blank for a few weeks unless it resets by itself again. (Is this true?)
Hi FirstEdition
I picked up my new car on Friday and had frozen screens by Sunday. Dealer I bought from (Marshall’s Ipswich) pretty unhelpful - told me much what you were told, and said they couldn’t look at it for a week (!!!). Marshall’s Cambridge a bit more helpful, as in suggested I bring it in tomorrow and they’d see what they could do while I waited. Ipswich had suggested I call Jaguar Assist, which I did, and a tech came to my home a couple of hours later and seems to have fixed it with some sort of patch. FingerX-d, but might be worth you calling them. 0800 521 786 was the number I was given, though they answer “LandRover Assistance”...
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S18D_18.47.5-269316 & 14.2

malakai

Post by malakai » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:08 am

Oh man. Car's been sitting in the garage on the charger unusable with the Black Screens Of Death since last Thursday waiting for a dealer appointment coming up on Wednesday. Car's unusable because its -13C in Michigan right now and BSOD means no heat, and on the charger because BSOD means the center console screen stays lit when the car is off and presumably drains the 12v battery...

About two hours ago, I get a phone notification from the car letting me know that its fully charged, and the last parked location has changed to my garage! I go out there, and sure enough, four days later, the BSOD has resolved itself. No intervention on my part.

Unreal.

d111112

Post by d111112 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

malakai wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:08 am
Oh man. Car's been sitting in the garage on the charger unusable with the Black Screens Of Death since last Thursday waiting for a dealer appointment coming up on Wednesday. Car's unusable because its -13C in Michigan right now and BSOD means no heat, and on the charger because BSOD means the center console screen stays lit when the car is off and presumably drains the 12v battery...

About two hours ago, I get a phone notification from the car letting me know that its fully charged, and the last parked location has changed to my garage! I go out there, and sure enough, four days later, the BSOD has resolved itself. No intervention on my part.

Unreal.
Good to hear that it resolved itself... what a silly thing with that BSOD issue. My screens didn't recover since last Thursday evening. Car is at the dealer since yesterday evening and I really hope that they try to apply the latest version of all the modules. I don't like it when things are completely unstable and therefore unpredictable, I have to use this car not just for fun and it is annoying if you never know when BSOD occur again. Complained about charging rates, too. on 175kw hyper chargers the car just charges with 40 kw and not more. On a 200 amp restricted hypercharger it should be at least ~80kw for some parts of the charging curve (below 50% SOC).
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, options: air susp; winter: 18“ summer (planned): 20“, MY19, delivered 02/2019
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 || Telematics: 14.2
... :arrow: Didi

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 am

d111112 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

Complained about charging rates, too. on 175kw hyper chargers the car just charges with 40 kw and not more. On a 200 amp restricted hypercharger it should be at least ~80kw for some parts of the charging curve (below 50% SOC).
In the UK, we have one, yes one, 100kW Charger.

I used it for the first time yesterday and got 64kW Charging from it.

F565E7B1-68D1-45DA-88A4-C4D595DA71B0.jpeg

Not as advertised, but in the UK anything more that 50kW is a bonus.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Snoerd

Post by Snoerd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:43 am

Chewy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 am
d111112 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

Complained about charging rates, too. on 175kw hyper chargers the car just charges with 40 kw and not more. On a 200 amp restricted hypercharger it should be at least ~80kw for some parts of the charging curve (below 50% SOC).
In the UK, we have one, yes one, 100kW Charger.

I used it for the first time yesterday and got 64kW Charging from it.

F565E7B1-68D1-45DA-88A4-C4D595DA71B0.jpeg

Not as advertised, but in the UK anything more that 50kW is a bonus.
I recognize that charger! I got slightly better results from a similar charger in NL. But still for below the 100kw unfortunately.
Maybe the reduced speed was caused by the temperature? Björn explained it as cold gating for the Jaguar. It was around 4 degrees C when I tried to charge, but that was after a 200km drive, so I hoped the battery was warmed up sufficiently to accept at least 200A/80kW charge.

Snellader.png

--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

Return to “Faults & Technical”