Screens frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Garryjw

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Garryjw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:00 pm

It is back and the screens seem to be working. The Telematics software version is now showing as blank in the software update screen. Is there anywhere to see the version. Also the car was delivered back to me but no detail of what updates were carried out. Is there an online service history somewhere?
My company car is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:00 pm
It is back and the screens seem to be working. The Telematics software version is now showing as blank in the software update screen. Is there anywhere to see the version. Also the car was delivered back to me but no detail of what updates were carried out. Is there an online service history somewhere?
Try here:
https://osh.jaguar.com
I-pace SE ordered in Firenze Red. Due March/April

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Jagmanmick wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Garryjw wrote:
Try here:
https://osh.jaguar.com
That is great. Thank you
My company car is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

MartijnEV

Post by MartijnEV » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Garryjw wrote:
When the software version is shown as blank, it often appears when you tap the 'Check for updates' button.
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.92.153

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:24 pm

So far so good. Did quite a few journeys at the weekend and no further blank screens. I may have another small issue though the USB ports in the centre armrest seem to only work very rarely.

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:25 pm

MartijnEV wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Garryjw wrote:
When the software version is shown as blank, it often appears when you tap the 'Check for updates' button.
Thanks that works

ejbritto

Post by ejbritto » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

ejbritto wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm
I should have posted this here -- by mistake it went under a new thread " Frozen screens" .

The 2019 I-Pace EV was delivered to me after a long wait, on January 12,2019. I have used it for exactly 12 days and it has been at the dealership for 19+ days. They are still working on it! In the first week, the Navigation system froze and I could not reliably drive the car as it could not accurately give me the range of the battery or charging station locations. After spending 9 days at the service bay -- they changed the hardware which was defective, an antenna and reloaded the software. I used it for 6 days and then the central Telemetrics Control Unit went black and totally dead. No AC, navigation, music, phone or stability control system. I was told to drive with care as the DCS was malfunctioning! The car is back at the service bay and they are still working on replacing the 12 volt battery which was low/dead. The car is not reliable and has too many bugs in the software. I had bought this car for my wife -- she and I are absolutely disgusted with the appalling problems we have had within the first 2 weeks. Why should the paying customer have to deal with this Electric Vehicle from Jaguar Land Rover, which has not been tested properly, before it was put on the road?? This is a huge well documented problem! I have officially complained on February 4 2019 and am awaiting a decision regarding a replacement or buy back. I am too busy to deal with repeated problems involving a brand new very expensive car.
Here is an update -- I got my car back after 12 days. They changed both the 12 v battery's and changed some main battery modules. The car has been driven by me for 2 days without any major hitch.
This has been the second major job done by the dealership, since the car was delivered. I have had the car for 12 days and they have had the car for 21 days.
The next time this happens or I have any major issue, I am going to ask for a replacement or a buy back. So far the JLR NA customer service has been very poor. They do not contact you for days. I am still waiting for them to get back to me after the second repair was done.
Any thoughts?

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 am

"Me Too". Center console screens have gone black. The top one is perpetually on (it has backlight, but black screen, even with car off and doors locked) and the media screen and climate control button screens are actually off.

That's a heck of a bug to hit after 17 days of ownership.

Car goes into the shop six days from now on Wednesday... and that's only because I had already made an appointment to address the key fobs not being recognized by the car half the time, and the smart settings always deleting themselves.

FWIW, dealership tells me I'm the first to take delivery of an ipace in this part of the metro Detroit area... and I'll be the first one to be in for service. Oh, the joy of being first! :D

d111112

Post by d111112 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 am

My newly delivered one got the frozen screens last evening. Service button trick didn't help so far.
Visited the dealer today in the morning and got an appointment for handing in the car on Monday evening to update all necessary modules to latest version. I told them and wrote them the information about IMC S19A... to communicate and set the expectation that it should be applied. They will try to do it.
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, air susp, 18“/20“, 02/2019
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 || Telematics: 14.2
... :arrow: Didi

FIrstEdition

Post by FIrstEdition » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm

I think this has been covered in other posts. But I thought I would give the feedback from today...

I have spoken to my dealer and JLR this morning.

The feedback from my dealer is that
  • There is a fix in progress.
  • This is not expected to be ready until mid-march..
  • There is no interim/temporary fix, the dealer can do nothing to restore them.... Ie my screens will remain blank for a few weeks unless it resets by itself again. (Is this true?)
  • They are sorry... :shock:
The feedback from JLR was
  • Your car is not in our system
  • There is no record of your previous call
  • They are aware there is a problem.
  • My dealer should have been keeping me up to date
  • They are sorry... :shock:
Ok, so my dealer and JLR are both sorry...

And I have a car where
  • The phone doesn't work...
  • The heating doesn't work...
  • The satnav doesn't work...
  • The cameras don't work...
  • The remote services don't work...
  • The radio/music system doesn't work...
So I guess I am sorry too :( .... But to be clear, if that all worked I would be happy! :D

Return to “Faults & Technical”