Screens frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
npritchard
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:35 pm
Location: Sevenoaks, UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by npritchard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Chewy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 pm
Well, I took my I-Pace into my dealer to get the old buggy software updated today. (booked it in about 3 weeks ago). Hoping for an infotainment system that is a bit more usable amongst other things.

After leaving the car with them, they phoned me up about 3 hours later and told me I would have to pay for any software updates as they are not considered warranty issues?

They also said that Jaguar do not update software on cars after delivery as any new softawre might introduce bugs.

Totally confused now and have taken the car back.


All the issues it has since delivery are still there :-(
Hi Chewy, based on my own experience, and I expect others in the UK, that's just wrong. My car has been back to Lancaster Jaguar in Sevenoaks, now in Tonbridge, a couple of times and has had software updates applied. No mention of paying for them or any reluctance to apply the updates.

Be very interested to see how this thread develops!
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 15.2


User avatar
Garryjw
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Garryjw » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Sounds like Chewy should run that statement passed Jaguar Customer services.
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg


Chewy
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Chewy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Sounds like Chewy should run that statement passed Jaguar Customer services.
Getting anything out of Dan is like getting teeth out of a chicken :-)

I have sent him a PM on the subject as it was he who advised I go to the Dealer and ask them for any details on my car. The dealer was not exactly helpful.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2


User avatar
Garryjw
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Garryjw » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Will have to see how I get on tomorrow.
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg


Chewy
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Chewy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Will have to see how I get on tomorrow.
Do let me know :-)
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2


User avatar
anorak
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Location: Cambs. UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by anorak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Will have to see how I get on tomorrow.
Will be very interested in this too - I spoke to my (and your) dealership this afternoon and was told OTA was active and I had no need to go in to them for updates...
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2


Baikar
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am
Location: Uk

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Baikar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Chewy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 pm
Garryjw wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Sounds like Chewy should run that statement passed Jaguar Customer services.
Getting anything out of Dan is like getting teeth out of a chicken :-)

I have sent him a PM on the subject as it was he who advised I go to the Dealer and ask them for any details on my car. The dealer was not exactly helpful.
Why don’t you just phone customer service instead. As you say trying to get any meaningful information from them on this forum is a waste of time. If you call to complain they generate a case number for you and you will start to build up that case file very quickly I’d imagine.

It’s become a bit of joke this OTA feature. All I want is a straight answer to are we getting updates or not and if so when will it be released.

As you posted Tesla produce an update and it’s mostly aimed at new features for owners of even the very first cars. It’s not as though we are all sat around complaining that JLR haven’t sent us an update that enables an onboard dash cam. Owners want updates to fix bugs they have experienced and are tired of the lack of information.


Chewy
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Chewy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Baikar wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm
Chewy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 pm
Garryjw wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Sounds like Chewy should run that statement passed Jaguar Customer services.
Getting anything out of Dan is like getting teeth out of a chicken :-)

I have sent him a PM on the subject as it was he who advised I go to the Dealer and ask them for any details on my car. The dealer was not exactly helpful.
Why don’t you just phone customer service instead. As you say trying to get any meaningful information from them on this forum is a waste of time. If you call to complain they generate a case number for you and you will start to build up that case file very quickly I’d imagine.

It’s become a bit of joke this OTA feature. All I want is a straight answer to are we getting updates or not and if so when will it be released.

As you posted Tesla produce an update and it’s mostly aimed at new features for owners of even the very first cars. It’s not as though we are all sat around complaining that JLR haven’t sent us an update that enables an onboard dash cam. Owners want updates to fix bugs they have experienced and are tired of the lack of information.
I have also phoned and got a case number as advised earlier :-) This was what took me to the dealer for the update in the first place as Jaguar will not tell me anything about anything to do with software on the car. And now the dealer refusing to do an update until paid is farcical.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2


User avatar
Garryjw
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Garryjw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am

So mine is in at the dealership Will see what they say (did come back on just before I got there - typical)but they still acknowledged there was an issue to investigate.)
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg


User avatar
Garryjw
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Screens frozen

Post by Garryjw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Dealer just called and said although the car hasn't faulted since it arrived with them they have run a software update (not sure which bits) and I have agreed they can keep it overnight to monitor. It is possible it received the specific blank screen over the air update overnight last night.
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”