Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Screens frozen

149K views 399 replies 110 participants last post by  endoman 
#1 ·
Both centre screens (Navigation, Media, Phone, EV Setup etc. and the Climate settings) have frozen today, shortly after the latest software updates to 14.2 and battery management. And the remote app, Android Auto is not connecting.

Any ideas how to reset or is it a return visit to the dealer?

Thanks

#2 ·
Same here, I picked up my car yesterday afternoon (with apparently all the latest software updates) and this morning the centre screens didn't come up when starting. Went by the dealer this afternoon and there apparently is no quick reset possibility so will have to get back in on Monday. They recognised this issue from some earlier experiences with the RR Velar which also has dual screens, and the solution was to reinstall the telematics software. Hopefully, it's not a bug in the new software!

#3 ·
I had the same yesterday. After power off the car and lock the doors the screen restarted and worked again. I'm on 14.2.
I also had a problem after a week. The heating at the left site of the car did not work. The software was reinstalled by the dealer and it worked again. The software is buggy.
On a weekly basis I also have that the 4G SIM card is turned off. I have to manually activate it again to get it working. I do not use any profiles as they are not recognised each time, so this could not be the issue.
Overall a nice car, but with buggy software.

#5 ·
Darth_Fader said:
On a weekly basis I also have that the 4G SIM card is turned off. I have to manually activate it again to get it working. I do not use any profiles as they are not recognised each time, so this could not be the issue.
Overall a nice car, but with buggy software.
Hi Darth_Fader,
How do you reactivate the 4G SIM? You mean: remove, reinstall, connectivity, mobility => switch on? or other approach?

#9 ·
I had the blank screens on my 4 week old SE just after the 14.2 and other (infotainment?) s/w updates.
The dealer performed some form of s/w reset from their diagnostic laptop and it has been fine since.
It only took 5 minutes while I was waiting.

While the screens were blank the AC did work but was not controllable.
And the Range Indicator on the working screen gradually ticked down to 0 miles during the course of the day,
even though the charge level remained at 75%.
Oh, and the radio was stuck on, even when the car was off!

#10 ·
RichT said:
I had the blank screens on my 4 week old SE just after the 14.2 and other (infotainment?) s/w updates.
The dealer performed some form of s/w reset from their diagnostic laptop and it has been fine since.
It only took 5 minutes while I was waiting.

While the screens were blank the AC did work but was not controllable.
And the Range Indicator on the working screen gradually ticked down to 0 miles during the course of the day,
even though the charge level remained at 75%.
Oh, and the radio was stuck on, even when the car was off!
@richt how long since the reset has it been stable for?

#13 ·
RichT said:
Hi Jason,

The failure occurred one day after the s/w updates.
It's now been 10 days since the reset. All still good.
I got the 14.2 update at the end of October and never got that screen frozen problem , may be because I never created any profile ?

#14 ·
I had the frozen Screen 4times. the Dealer made the reset 3 times . Last time i lost the screen i got it back after another CCS Charging.
What i remember i drove 250km to a CCS and lost the screen there, but in the app the car was still @ home. 2 days ago i lost it at a Fastned HPC charger after 2weeks without a problem (Only charging AC)

Joerg

#15 ·
Same thing happened to my car one week after delivery having the 14.2 software version. Both central screens went blank on Friday. Called dealer and got an appointment Monday morning.
Car also showed 0 km range left win 70% SOC.
Vehicle Car Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part

But the car worked, and it showed the correct remaining range after I did the reset procedure with the pedals.

Noticed that the orange light on the hazard button didn't turn off like it's supposed to 20 minutes after turning the car off. I could not contact the car through the remote app on my phone.

Charged it fully during the night to see if it helped, which it didn't. The dealer said that the 12v battery would be ticle charged when the charging cable is plugged in in case the 12v battery charge was low. Unplugged the car and left it unplugged.

On Sunday the screens fired up again 30 seconds after start. And now I can also connect to the car with the app.

Attachments

#16 ·
No luck this weekend that the screens fired up again by themselves, so I went to the dealer this morning. A quick reset of the software did the trick. Checked the software and I am (still?) on 14.2

#17 ·
EVdilla said:
Same thing happened to my car one week after delivery having the 14.2 software version. Both central screens went blank on Friday. Called dealer and got an appointment Monday morning.
Car also showed 0 km range left win 70% SOC.
AC56A9E4-1EE7-4653-84DA-1D6A15C35FEF.jpeg
But the car worked, and it showed the correct remaining range after I did the reset procedure with the pedals.

Noticed that the orange light on the hazard button didn't turn off like it's supposed to 20 minutes after turning the car off. I could not contact the car through the remote app on my phone.

Charged it fully during the night to see if it helped, which it didn't. The dealer said that the 12v battery would be ticle charged when the charging cable is plugged in in case the 12v battery charge was low. Unplugged the car and left it unplugged.

On Sunday the screens fired up again 30 seconds after start. And now I can also connect to the car with the app.
Hi @evdilla, how exactly did you get the screens working again, by not leaving it in charge? My closest dealer has me booked in for 3rd Jan which is ridiculous, have complained.

#18 ·
jason.birchall said:
Hi @evdilla, how exactly did you get the screens working again, by not leaving it in charge? My closest dealer has me booked in for 3rd Jan which is ridiculous, have complained.
Unfortunately I cannot say what did the trick. I charged the car fully overnight at home on Saturday, and left the cable unplugged after that. Drove a few trips during the day, and did some fiddling with different buttons and the menu in the instrument cluster. Without any apparent reason, the screens suddenly started by themselves on Sunday morning while driving ca. 30 meters after I had left home.

I don't know if JLR have the possibility to remotely check and collect the logs from the cars. Hopefully they can and will fix this bug in a SOTA release. The winter is coming strong here in Norway the next weeks. And when the temperature drops really low, it's imperative that we at least can operate the heating controls.

Seems like your dealer have misunderstood the basic concept of customer care. Good luck with the follow up!

#20 ·
EVdilla said:
jason.birchall said:
Unfortunately I cannot say what did the trick. I charged the car fully overnight at home on Saturday, and left the cable unplugged after that. Drove a few trips during the day, and did some fiddling with different buttons and the menu in the instrument cluster. Without any apparent reason, the screens suddenly started by themselves on Sunday morning while driving ca. 30 meters after I had left home.

I don't know if JLR have the possibility to remotely check and collect the logs from the cars. Hopefully they can and will fix this bug in a SOTA release. The winter is coming strong here in Norway the next weeks. And when the temperature drops really low, it's imperative that we at least can operate the heating controls.

Seems like your dealer have misunderstood the basic concept of customer care. Good luck with the follow up!
After a few days of not needing to drive my I-Pace and leaving unplugged from the mains (not sure if that made a difference or not), my screens are working fine again as is the Jaguar remote app.

I dropped in at the dealer just now and was told to come straight in if it happens again and someone will look into it. Maybe there's been an OTA fix? Still shows telematics v14.2 though.

At present I can't see how I'll ever trust fully autonomous vehicles! Driver Assist is great though.

#21 ·
mbart777 said:
EVdilla said:
jason.birchall said:

After a few days of not needing to drive my I-Pace and leaving unplugged from the mains (not sure if that made a difference or not), my screens are working fine again as is the Jaguar remote app.

I dropped in at the dealer just now and was told to come straight in if it happens again and someone will look into it. Maybe there's been an OTA fix? Still shows telematics v14.2 though.

At present I can't see how I'll ever trust fully autonomous vehicles! Driver Assist is great though.
Rybrook jaguar Warrington have been brilliant and given me an F Type to keep me going, v good customer service 👍👍

#22 ·
Annabelle the IPace has had her software reinstalled and that's fixed it, sadly they did not find any logging to say what caused the issue. Will pick her up tomorrow and trade the F Type back in. F Type was v nice and sounded amazing, but feels sluggish compared to the IPace which is also much nicer drive. Thank you Rybrook Jaguar of Warrington 👍

#23 ·
So Annabelle is now back with us after 2 day with rybrook jaguar who have amazing customer service. The technicians could not find any logging to report on the issue and they simply reinstalled the same software version. IMO the issue then I just waiting to reoccur. Will keep you all posted.

#24 ·
Where to start. Been driving the I-Pace since last Wednesday and it's been a joy. The driving. The infotainment is now officially starting to drive me nuts. Started on the trip back from Berlin to Amsterdam last Sunday night. Near the border we charged at the Ionity station and afterwards the screen turned grey. No more heated seats, music, navigation, soc %, nada. Okay so it's a rental, Monday morning I switched and got an even prettier HSE in blue. No prob. Left for Frankfurt and you guessed it, before even leaving Amsterdam screen blacked out. Drove to Frankfurt anyway, and today went to a dealership that helped me out (I think by doing a software reset) - but, you guessed it again, early in the afternoon the screens blacked out on me again. This is really the adventurous roadtrip that I was setting out to have, only to not have control about so many nice features is a bit of a.... Let's call it a bummer. Update please, Jaguar!

#25 ·
Same here...
Yesterday black screens (except the screen above the steering wheel). So indeed: no music, no heated seats, no Airco. After about 7 minutes they were back up and running.
Today the same story: After work, when I arrived at my car, the radio was on. Had not opened the car. Music was noticeable form the outside. The battery had spontaneously drained from 314 km to 244 km. Also the car felt "pre-heated", which I had not turned on.. Interestingly after 30 km drive, the range stayed at 244... Very disturbing / worrisome as a more-or-less accurate estimation of range is where EV-driving is all about.
Also now again 2 days without 4G. Re-inserting the SIM does not solve it.

I have not been able to contact the dealer, but will try to visit them tomorrow. Car is 10 days old. Now 1500 km.

The car drives fabulous, but I am starting to worry about the digital system. On one of the previous posts (about TOPIX) I saw the digital system is running on Windows10 IoT??
The thing definitely needs a proper software update. A reset button would be very appreciated..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.