Snoerd

Re: How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by Snoerd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:44 am

mca2 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 pm
Jan073 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:11 am
[...]
Then I decided I rather have a more fully charged battery the next day then safe the few coins so wanted to disable the charging period. Then noticed the app is not able to do this when initial set. So set it to 00:15 - 23:45 which also shows the not-well-thought user experience from the app development team. Despite the fact the whole thing does not work.
[...]
Just found out the same. I was playing around a bit with the timed charging, but after that you cannot removed the time window. You have to enter some sort of time window.
Experienced the same. Fortunately you can delete it from within the car.
--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

mbird

Post by mbird » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm

I am a bit concerned that we are working ourselves up rather over this set of faults with charging.

The work and escalation that brianscott757 is managing is excellent and let's hope it results in some clear results. Jaguar clearly have a problem between the UI interface and the charging system.

However, we must all realise that we are buying into Jaguar's first real push into the EV market and they have set themselves a very high target in a very short timescale. It would be surprising if there were not a few slip-ups along the way. What is important is that Jaguar listen and gradually work out the problems. We need to give them some time for this as it is quite likely a rush to fix one problem that has exposed several more.

At least with charging, we can control the situation by plugging the car in or not as we wish, or fitting a timer or installing a charger such as a ZAPPI that allows timed charging and fixed energy volume charging. There are work arounds and it does not stop us driving.

The concern is that if we push so hard on this aspect Jaguar miss other issues. For example, I worry more about the significant difference between suggested and actual range for the vehicle. I can only rely on a 160mile range from a full charge and that is a real problem that stops a vehicle in its tracks.

No doubt others have other concerns but let's keep try and keep things in balance and recognise that Jaguar have to do some prioritisation. What would be good is for Jaguar to simply admit they do have a problem and that they will address it with a reasonable target date.
I-Pace SE, Driving aids, HUD - Dec18

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks for the balanced opinion! It would be better if JLR were actually communicative. Which is hard for a large org; but it would also mean a lot for their customers; so they should be more transparent. Cudos to CRC@jaguar on this forum but often they don't have the complete information either. Communication is key, I'm not sure JLR is getting a passing grade right now.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 am

I agree that Jag has to prioritise, but I’m afraid I disagree and see the charging issue as a high priority. Many people installed chargers without a timed charging option (indeed, the one recommended by Jaguar does not have this feature). I was lucky enough to read the problems and order a charger with it but many people will have gone with JLR’s recommended charger. Constantly charging to 100% (and even JLR has accepted this in recent changes to web sites) does more harm to the batteries. Not giving people the option to do this is harming their cars and reducing their useful life span. I feel they should be prioritising this. It is also (let’s face it) a really easy thing to fix. And it was/is being advertised as being available. The issue should not affect me because I have ordered a charger which will work around the problem, but many people are not so fortunate.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Arcam

Post by Arcam » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:39 am

It also needs a setting to allow you to select the max charge level.
Corris Grey First Edition ordered 16/11/18 - collected 23/11/18 - returned 28/11/18 - refunded 18/12/18

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Has anyone paid access to topix and can tell us what the published technical bulletin has to say about this?

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 pm

I paid for one hour access to topix and read that a fix will be issued in January to fix this issue.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello All,
I have now been told by the Jaguar Customer support agent that engineering will indeed issue a "FIX" by the end of January for the Preferred Charging problem, however they have not indicated what it will be or given any details as to what will be in the actual fix. I have asked for "Software Release Notes" but do not hold out much hope in getting them.

I hope this fix will correct three items:-

1) Ability to set a predetermined time to charge the care without a departure date.
2) Set a predetermined SOC limit.
3) A clear understanding of SOC / range (Improved algorithm)

But I do live in hope...…………….

But a sad end in that my HSE I-Pace is with Rybrook Jaguar Warrington have a software update to fix two problems one with The Front Camera and another with the Profile, however since the update my phone will not link to the car so they have it still and I am driving a "Curtesy I-Pace..

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 pm

mbird wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm

For example, I worry more about the significant difference between suggested and actual range for the vehicle. I can only rely on a 160mile range from a full charge and that is a real problem that stops a vehicle in its tracks.
I have no hope whatsoever that Jaguar will do something with the consumption. They think the driveline is perfect and cannot be done any better.
Have you heard any hints that they will do any improvements?
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 1022 18C and 14.2

Pat28

Post by Pat28 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Not sure, but wouldn't it be possible, or maybe it already does, disable either the front a rear motor when 'at speed'?
A colleague of mine owns a VW eGolf and gets 5km/kwh, easily, for me the iPace it is hard to do 4km/kwh, most of the time only get 3.5km/kwh and I am not even driving max highway speeds in The Netherlands.
Jaguar i-Pace SE, 20", Barasco Grey, Light Oyster, Telematics 14.2, InControl S18D

Return to “Faults & Technical”