How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Simonmac

Re: How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by Simonmac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Jburroughes wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Apparently there is a new software update to sort this out, which I have just received after a major software crash two weeks ago ( luckily at the dealership!). However this evening I tried again and couldn’t get it working. I am hoping that it’s because the time setting was wiped after the four separate upgrades so have slightly modified the set time in the app to resend the information to the car. However am not optimistic,
Would be great if you can confirm which software was updated and what the new current version now was. Also was this available OTA or just via a dealership? Thx.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Simonmac wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm
Jburroughes wrote:
Apparently there is a new software update to sort this out, which I have just received after a major software crash two weeks ago ( luckily at the dealership!). However this evening I tried again and couldn’t get it working. I am hoping that it’s because the time setting was wiped after the four separate upgrades so have slightly modified the set time in the app to resend the information to the car. However am not optimistic,
Would be great if you can confirm which software was updated and what the new current version now was. Also was this available OTA or just via a dealership? Thx.
Hello Guys,

I have been informed by JLR Customer Support that the Software upgrade to resolve the Preferred Changing issue will not be available until the end of January at best and may not be until early February and will have to be installed at a dealership as it is a "Major release"

I still have an "OPEN" case on this wilt a full request number and copied emails to JLR CEO so will keep all informed when I have had the update installed. The last update released was to correct issues with Camera system, sync to Phone and a number of other small bugs.

rosberond

Post by rosberond » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Charge period seems to work OK as long as you follow all the steps.

You have to turn Timed charging on each time once you've activated Vehicle Preconditioning, which also needs to be on, so far as I can tell. I always do this in the car. The Goodbye screen pops up when you stop the motors to confirm the settings.

Once I've done that - which takes longer to write than it does to do - I get the blue light at the charge port when I plug in and charging starts at the set time. (The car also draws current for a while when I first plug it in, but isn't charging. Possibly battery conditioning or something similar going on as we've been having a spell of cold weather recently.) I'll try to do a proper walk-through of the steps next time I use Timed charging.

Once it's set up you can use the InControl App to manage departures, and it seems to work well.
--
First Edition - Corris Grey - Delivered: 21 December 2018
First week review: Amazing car. First month review: 1000 miles and even more amazing.

JohnGriff

Post by JohnGriff » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 am

It would be really useful if you could post the SW version you have installed in your vehicles. I have 18C but understand there is an 18D that amongst other fixes includes a fix that the "Goodbye" screen will now always display when you power off the car. if I open the car and make a change to the departure time I still have to set in D or R to get the Goodbye screen to display. If I just make the change anf power off no Goodbye screen. I visited my dealer here in Norway and even though I showed him the official Jaguar release notes, he said this 18D version was something they didn't know about and there was as he called it "No Campaigns" for my VIN number.

JohnGriff

Post by JohnGriff » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:38 am

I just set up a new charge period 23:00 to 07.00 and a departure time today at 16.00 to precondition. Plugged in display showed Intialising, then after 15 seconds Timed Charging, 5 seconds later Charging. Deleted charge time and departure time. Added again same as first time Timed Charging then Charging. Sometimes it works at least it did back in early December, but each time I have tried to set a charge start time since then Charging starts. Yesterday set a precondition time in the car for 15.00 car was charging from 12.30 Precondition didn't start. App showed correct departure time at 14:50, at 15.01 showed no departure time. Which was correct. Set it up again for 16:40 same problem didn't precondition. App works if you manually start heating the car. However needed to test if precondition set in the car heats up the battery as I have an issue with charging at 50kW chargers where I am seeing between 27kW- 31kW. I am going to post this issue under a different topic.

mclarenpaul

Post by mclarenpaul » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:59 am

brianscott757 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Simonmac wrote:
Jburroughes wrote:
The last update released was to correct issues with Camera system, sync to Phone and a number of other small bugs.
Is the Camera System now smooth after the update? Mine is very jittery with a small lag - as many others have reported.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:43 pm

mclarenpaul wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:59 am
brianscott757 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Simonmac wrote:

The last update released was to correct issues with Camera system, sync to Phone and a number of other small bugs.
Is the Camera System now smooth after the update? Mine is very jittery with a small lag - as many others have reported.
Yes my camera system is smooth and clear not jittery at all and no lag.

WattAJag

Post by WattAJag » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:29 am

The question would be not only does it wait to start, but will it actually "stop" at the time you specify. My experience is that occasionally the car will wait until the set start time, but at the Stop Time it will send the same "stop charging" command that the app uses when you press that button. But, the car lets the charging start up again after an hour or so because my charger "tries again" every hour. The car should prevent that.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello all,

My I-Pace is to go into the dealer on 8th February when they will receive a "manual fix package" from JLR which I am told will correct the issue with Preferred Charging. Once installed I have agreed to do a test overnight to see if the App / car system then actually works as it should - that is charge during the Preferred time as set for the off Peake electricity tarrif, which in my case is between 00:00 and 07:00am I will inform you all of the outcome of this "manual fix package"...……….

McRat

Post by McRat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Baikar wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
They don’t seem to get it do they? A lot of people don’t want to charge above 80% so why don’t they just make it a feature. This is the reason why customers of Tesla feel they are being listened to. Someone made a very good point that at 100% you won’t get anywhere near the level of Regen you’ve been used to before plugging it in and charging up to 100%. Someone’s going to lift off the accelerator expecting the car to slow down and will give themselves a scare.
You achieve full regen between 95% SoC and 91% SoC from my observations down to 0°C. It's a function of battery temp and air temp.

There is no reason to program your car below 91%, and more realistically 95%. There is considerable regen at 95% even if cold.

The brakes are blended. You will not get a 'scare' when it transitions from full regen to full friction brakes, it happens all the time, since regen stops about 5 kmh, and track or panic braking exceeds regen levels so it blends.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

misc other cars and bikes

Return to “Faults & Technical”