How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
FENorway

Re: How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by FENorway » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Pat28 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Not sure, but wouldn't it be possible, or maybe it already does, disable either the front a rear motor when 'at speed'?
A colleague of mine owns a VW eGolf and gets 5km/kwh, easily, for me the iPace it is hard to do 4km/kwh, most of the time only get 3.5km/kwh and I am not even driving max highway speeds in The Netherlands.
Yes it does disable the front engine at speed below 50 kmh. But it doesnt need 2 engines at all when cruising. Only when accelerating hard. A 200 hp SUV is normally doing 200kmh v-max , so I-Pace is probably able to do that with 1 engine.
1st try: FE Photon red Ebony/Ebony 20" 5070
2nd try: FE Corris grey Oyster/Oyster Performance 20" 5070

alm

Post by alm » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm

I have the same issue. If I plug in earlier in the day the car is charging using expensive energy rather than low cost at night time. Did anyone find a solution to actually fix this?

Thanks

WattAJag

Post by WattAJag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:55 am

brianscott757 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

But a sad end in that my HSE I-Pace is with Rybrook Jaguar Warrington have a software update to fix two problems one with The Front Camera...
Not sure what your hoping is fixed with the front camera, but ... if it's the default "split left/right quarter" view ... if you add a "CAMERA" button onto one of your home screens and use that (rather than the little camera icon button) - it will give you a normal front facing/parking assist view.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 pm

WattAJag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:55 am
brianscott757 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

But a sad end in that my HSE I-Pace is with Rybrook Jaguar Warrington have a software update to fix two problems one with The Front Camera...
Not sure what your hoping is fixed with the front camera, but ... if it's the default "split left/right quarter" view ... if you add a "CAMERA" button onto one of your home screens and use that (rather than the little camera icon button) - it will give you a normal front facing/parking assist view.
Thanks for this post, but the "Software Update" did actually fix the Issue I had of "Camera Error" message appearing on Centre help screen which would disappear when pressing OK button so you could not tell which camera was in error. As it turns out now were it was a software bug....

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 pm

alm wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm
I have the same issue. If I plug in earlier in the day the car is charging using expensive energy rather than low cost at night time. Did anyone find a solution to actually fix this?

Thanks
I took delivery of our new car on Saturday and love it.
I too noticed that when you plug the car in charging commences immediately.
I have an American charger (Open EVSE) which you can set on the unit to be charging at cheap rate electricity timing ie midnight to 7am.
Tomorrow I will leave home at 8am so I have extended from 7am to 8 am so that it will precondition. I am assuming that by the time cheap rate ends that the major current consumption will have ended ie batteries charged ;)
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 pm

DrPhil wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 am
Flip wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm
Hi,
I have one question about charging you iPace.
Searched the manual, and feeling really stupid I can;’t figure this out, but does anybody know how the “Charge period” works?

Like you see in the screen, I always set my cars preferred Charge periode start from 23:00 till 07:00.
I also set that my next leave is 8:00AM.

But strange enough (if you ask me), its fully ignoring those settings and always starting to charge immediately when the car is connected.
If I disable it after that, its not automatic going on at 23:00 again.

I should expect the car knows (since it know I need to leave at 8am), its having time enough to start from 23:00 since thats the preferred timeframe I added. Anybody getting this to work?

Regards,
Flip
I agree it is not working as it should. Sometimes It works but only with a bit of a workaround:
First stop the charging process with the app (it can take a minute). Charging then is 'paused'.
Then reset the charging period: make some adjustments and save the new settings (takes 1 or 2 minutes). You will get a error screen but just ignore this as the new charging period will be set.
Then the screen still tells that the charging is paused, so press "charge now" and then the screen tells that preparations are made for charging but it should start at the right time.
Dr Phil

This does not work I'm afraid
Tried a few times but still charging!

Jburroughes

Post by Jburroughes » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Apparently there is a new software update to sort this out, which I have just received after a major software crash two weeks ago ( luckily at the dealership!). However this evening I tried again and couldn’t get it working. I am hoping that it’s because the time setting was wiped after the four separate upgrades so have slightly modified the set time in the app to resend the information to the car. However am not optimistic,

Jburroughes

Post by Jburroughes » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Just had a brain wave and it looks like it’s working. I thought after all the software updates that the charge set time was wiped so changed the charge time to 23.00 to 9.00. Added some preconditioning times, though that might be a red herring. Disconnected the car from the charging unit. Turned it on for a while. When I turned the car off I got the buttons for turning charge time on or off (note default is off). Selected “on” and for the first time the app now says “Waiting to Charge” in the past before the update it would say something like “charging paused”. So maybe fingers crossed the new update is all that’s required.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Yh they definetely changed something in the app.
I also paused just now, so will monitor as well.

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 pm

Jburroughes wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 pm
Just had a brain wave and it looks like it’s working. I thought after all the software updates that the charge set time was wiped so changed the charge time to 23.00 to 9.00. Added some preconditioning times, though that might be a red herring. Disconnected the car from the charging unit. Turned it on for a while. When I turned the car off I got the buttons for turning charge time on or off (note default is off). Selected “on” and for the first time the app now says “Waiting to Charge” in the past before the update it would say something like “charging paused”. So maybe fingers crossed the new update is all that’s required.
Keep us posted on that one. Not sure when you got your car re the software it had on it but mine was on Saturday. I reported the problem to our supplier and he informed me there has been a couple of others having the same problem.
This was going to be discussed with their technical guru at the dealership tomorrow to see if they have a solution.
Would still be interested of your findings tomorrow however

Return to “Faults & Technical”