How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
joe747

Re: How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by joe747 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Until JLR issues a software fix, I’ve found a workaround that *usually* works. 1. Set a one-time departure time from inside the vehicle—not the app. 2. Activate timed charging on the goodbye screen. 3. Plug in — blue “Timed Charging” screen appears. 4. About an hour later the vehicle will start charging. Hit “Pause Charging” in the app. 5. The car will then wait to start charging until a time that would allow it to reach 100% charge by your departure time. If you only want to charge to 80%, enter a departure time 2.5 hours later than your actual departure time and manually disconnect at 80% charge. The process is tedious but seems to work.
Caesium Blue HSE, Delivered 12/22/18

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm

joe747 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 pm
Until JLR issues a software fix, I’ve found a workaround that *usually* works. 1. Set a one-time departure time from inside the vehicle—not the app. 2. Activate timed charging on the goodbye screen. 3. Plug in — blue “Timed Charging” screen appears. 4. About an hour later the vehicle will start charging. Hit “Pause Charging” in the app. 5. The car will then wait to start charging until a time that would allow it to reach 100% charge by your departure time. If you only want to charge to 80%, enter a departure time 2.5 hours later than your actual departure time and manually disconnect at 80% charge. The process is tedious but seems to work.
I have tried this tonight and like you said it started to charge after an hour or so which I then have paused.
Will see what it does but certainly has been paused for the last 2 hours
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 am

it worked as described by joe747
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 pm

brianscott757 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:29 pm
DougTheMac wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm
So perfectly linear (apart from an anomaly at 5.1hr) that it is hard to believe - not that I doubt your data, Brian, but perhaps the car's interpretation of the data is overly simplistic? (There is a 0.1hr jump in the regular measurements at 5.1hr - if that is adjusted out, the charge speed is exactly 7.7%/hr and almost exactly 18.5mph all the way up.)
Is the "kWhr added" figure from the vehicle's data or a meter on your supply?
If you leave it on charge after 100% is first reached, does the displayed range change at all?
And did you really start this test at 0% SoC, or have you extrapolated your results backwards?
Hi,

The test was done starting from 10% SOC and measuring Kw with a "Clip on" sensor sending signal to a remote Minim+ monitor display unit (See picture)
[media]IMG_0435.JPG[/media]
Then monitoring time and charge etc until car showed 100%SOC on the app. Not sure why there was a "blip" at 5.1?
Just to let you all know the "Patch" from JLR engineering was finally loaded onto my I-Pace on Monday afternoon, unfortunately the dealer fully charged my car before I collected it, so testing could not begin until later and I had a trip set for Tuesday. So I will post results etc on the patch update hopefully by Friday this week.

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm

This is something I can’t get my head around. Here we have Jaguar applying a one of software patch for something that concerns everyone.

What is the purpose of applying a patch to one car? Surely this must have been tested before release or is JLR quite happy to let customer do their testing for them?

scm

Post by scm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Baikar wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm
What is the purpose of applying a patch to one car? Surely this must have been tested before release or is JLR quite happy to let customer do their testing for them?
If they have an example of the failure, a patch to fix it seems a logical thing to do. When I worked in software support we used to issue patches to individual customers to get to the bottom of issues, and to provide a fix, which subsequently benefitted all customers, even those not experiencing the problem. In-house testing will never replicate all the scenarios that customers can invent!

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 am

scm wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm
Baikar wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm
If they have an example of the failure, a patch to fix it seems a logical thing to do. When I worked in software support we used to issue patches to individual customers to get to the bottom of issues, and to provide a fix, which subsequently benefitted all customers, even those not experiencing the problem. In-house testing will never replicate all the scenarios that customers can invent!
I don’t doubt what you say but seriously? Every and I mean EVERY I pace as well as those owned by and parked on JLRs forecourt has this issue. Why on earth do they need an individual customer!

Correct me if I’m wrong but can all those owners with a working charge period please raise their hands..............

You think they can’t replicate plugging in a car and setting a charge period. Come on, these are they people that sold it as a feature of the car.

So this is what we can expect from OTA updates. One of us becomes a lucky BETA tester.
Last edited by Baikar on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcam

Post by Arcam » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is an excellent point, we are all beta testers to some degree but a number of the software issues have come about by sloppy testing, I too work in software testing and delivery and heads would roll over basic gaffs like this.
Last edited by Arcam on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corris Grey First Edition ordered 16/11/18 - collected 23/11/18 - returned 28/11/18 - refunded 18/12/18

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am

Arcam wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is an excellent point, we are all beta testers to some degree but a number of the software issues have come about by sloppy testing, I too work in software testing and delivery and heats would roll over basic gaffs like this.
I would think that possibly Jaguar can search through their facilites and find at least one I-Pace that they have that they can test the software on for this rather than letting a customer test it? Surely?
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Ipace Ken

Post by Ipace Ken » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Regardless of any future update I have resoled the issue. Ive swapped my 7KW charge master unit for a 7KW Zappi. This gives me the ability to charge from Solar as well as timed off peak charging. Anyone want to buy a hardly used 7Kw home charger, reasonable offers accepted.

Return to “Faults & Technical”